Sponsored by:

What to buy next???

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2013, 10:23 AM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to buy next???

I haven't been on here for some time, and am currently on my 8th Impreza. These are the very best cars I have ever owned, and in my personal opinion, Subaru totally ruined their own market for these cars when they introduced the 2.5, an engine I would never go near, as it just is not 'Subaru' for me. Since doing that, I believe this is what finally killed the Impreza STi car, as I know it. Also, introducing a hatchback without any kind of consutation of their at-the-time very loyal following of many customers who owned newage and classic Impreza's. So a hatchback only version, coupled with a notorious 2.5 engine was the beginning of the end, in my opinion.

It's quite depressing that the car market today offers nothing which would really interest me, other than 2 cars.........an Impreza STi saloon JDM (very hard to find, actually impossible unless I import one myself for around £27k plus), or a Mitsubishi Evo X FQ330 SST. (I like the auto rally type gearbox). These really are the only 2 cars which appeal to me. However, in my blood, I don't want to ever move away from Subaru, as I've owned them since 2003, experienced many of the sensible mods a man can experience, spend hundreds on them, all money well spent, been to several WRC's in different countries, bought many Subaru clothes and other branded items, lived, breathed and loved Subaru, etc, etc.

So now you understand my deep sadness at how, over the past few years, we have witnessed the painful demise of one of the world's finest cars, and what are we left with today Subaru wise????

By the way, I currently have a lovely MY04 newage STi with 42k miles, which I bought as a standard car, and did a few bits to it. It's in immaculate condition, and has the following nice mods:

Full stainless steel exhaust with Prodrive sports cat and backbox
Whiteline rear anti roll bar
Whitenline anti lift kit
18" gold Rota GRA wheels
Mishimoto alloy radiator
JDM titanium strut brace
Remap by FB Tuning
Panel filter
Toshi Arai gearknob

Greg
Old 01 March 2013, 12:22 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

You got a great car just keep it
Old 01 March 2013, 12:51 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

Blimey - I could have written this post I am in exactly the same position - I can't think of driving anything other than a Subaru but have been put off with issues around the 2.5 lump and also the dealers' apathetic approach. THe Evo X is also on my list as the next car!

I also find myself googling Mercedes V8's and yesterday was looking at a Focus RS. I think I will wait until later on in the year and see if anything else appears!
Old 01 March 2013, 01:26 PM
DrDiesel
Scooby Regular

Subaru had to add 500cc to compensate for US's poor grade, low Octane petrol. But they had obviously cut corners on quality.

However, the IM Group are a shambles, & shame on them for treating their UK customers the way they have.

One of the few cars that might prize me away from my STi would be an FQ-360.