Sponsored by:

Coming back to Subaru - Bugeye Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2013, 11:21 AM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Coming back to Subaru - Bugeye Wagon

Between 2003 and 2011 I had two Classic Wagons, first a Sport then a Turbo.

I PX'd the Turbo in 2011 whilst there was still some value left in it (high miler) for a Leon Cupra and to save money for my house.
Long story short, last Friday I ended up selling the Cupra at short notice to my Dad's long time mechanic for £1400 due to problems in the gearbox (He wanted a track day project car and offered just below what I had in mind for a trade in)

just nearby a car sales place has this in
http://finance.autoexposure.co.uk/cl...0405047_1a.jpg

I'm after a sporty estate as i've now got a growing GSD puppy and the bigger car will be useful for lugging stuff for the house as we're re-decorating

I had been looking for something different such as an E46 3 Series Sport estate or similar for a change and due to the higher spec.
But the Scooby's been really playing on my mind.
I really did enjoy my old Scoobs and the car would be perfect for the dog. I dont do much mileage and even though i really liked the 6 speed gearbox on the Cupra I can live with the thirsty scoob.

It's low mileage at 66k and having only had a quick look around it it's in a very clean condition and the garage have had it since christmas
However, it's had 4 owners with little mileage which makes me wonder it's a bit of a dog.

Anyway, Im going to go have a test drive and a proper going over its history, but not having kept up with Bugeye values does anyone have any opinions on the car?
They've got it up for £3.5k with fresh MOT and 3 months warranty but I'm hoping me not having a trade in and being able to pay around £2.5 in cash should get me a good price if i go for it.

Although it's not what i had in mind if it's in good nick and we can sort a good deal I'm tempted to get it even if I use it until i can find the BMW I want
Old 26 February 2013, 11:44 AM
d4vidh
Scooby Regular

Its wayyyyy overpriced, surely these are better for your budget?

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...wagon-ppp.html
https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...l-in-blue.html
Old 26 February 2013, 11:55 AM
weirdfish
Scooby Regular

Looks quite tidy, but I doubt you'll get it for 2.5K, good ones with history tend to hold their money, especially ones that haven't been mucked about with.
I've recently bought one for a fill in car until my next toy pops up for sale, it's totally standard with a fist full of invoices and bills etc etc. if you don't have any luck with this one then give me a shout.
Old 26 February 2013, 12:14 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

d4vidh - The second one looks good but I really dont like leather seats, plus it quite a distance from me.

Weirdfish - I 'm not thinking they'd part with it for £2.5k, just hoping my lack of trade in and the amount of cash i can put down will help get a better deal.
Old 26 February 2013, 12:33 PM
weirdfish
Scooby Regular

Sometimes works the other way, if they think they can make serious profit from a trade in then you'll get a better deal, it's all about on the day and how desperate they are to make a sale.
Best of luck anyway, but as I said, if you don't get a deal done then mine might be available soon.
Old 26 February 2013, 01:07 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by weirdfish
Sometimes works the other way, if they think they can make serious profit from a trade in then you'll get a better deal, it's all about on the day and how desperate they are to make a sale.
Best of luck anyway, but as I said, if you don't get a deal done then mine might be available soon.
Ok mate, thanks for the info.
Feel free to PM details of your car