Sponsored by:

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2013, 06:08 PM
Urbanfreestyle
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello!

Hi so i'm a new member on here and thought i would drop by to introduce myself, i'm geoff, 28 tomorrow ad live i exeter, i've always been a fan of performance cars and my most recent car was a MR2 mk2 and i loved it. Sadly when i moved to live in Italy i had to sell her and have bot had annother car since i have been back in the UK.

I now have an amazing girlfriend who is even more amazig for having an early 2001 impreza sport special edtn. From what i can tell it's the EJ20 SOHC n/a. Is there any way to tell (perhaps from the chassis number) what the engine is? We want to start tuning her up but need to know where i stand before we start.

Thanks.
Old 13 February 2013, 06:58 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome.

Post up a pic of the chassis plate in the engine bay. Someone will be along to tell you the exact model of the car. However if it's a NA Sport I'd not bother tuning it as you won't get much more BHP for your ££££s.
Old 13 February 2013, 07:24 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

As above its not really cost effective when you weigh up £££'s vs power, just enjoy the car as it is for a while and maybe consider further down the line changing it, maybe an option

Happy birthday by the way
Old 13 February 2013, 07:48 AM
Urbanfreestyle
Scooby Newbie

Hi.
Thanks for the replies :-) i managed to find the chassis number se here it goes: JF7GC8KJ3YG056403
As for the tuning front i'm not really after massive gains, just a few small tweaks, thinking of fitting front and rear strut braces and rear swaybar?
Old 19 February 2013, 08:17 AM
Urbanfreestyle
Scooby Newbie

Bump?
Old 19 February 2013, 08:39 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Any suspension upgrades is always a good place to start, you can be quicker a-b with a proper setup car than having a shed load of power and not being able to put it all to the road, it understanding how the car handles is one if the biggest factors there is IMO, no point having power if you can't use it to its full advantage, again I would NOT bother with power gains i.e remap headers etc as your gonna be spending alot of money on a dead horse come resale time IMHO but with better suspension mods the car will feel quicker through the twisties and more livelier to drive as you can push on harder than you normally would and the car will hold on better in the bends, don't forget to give it a geo setup to take full advantage of any suspension mods.

I'm no too clued up on chassis codes, I'm sure someone will be along with an answer tho

Enjoy the addiction and get ready to buy a turbo
Old 19 February 2013, 01:39 PM
Urbanfreestyle
Scooby Newbie

I'm alrady looking at turbos but the main issue for me is the money aspect. i think suspension would be the best bet too. Thanks for the advice.