Sponsored by:

PROPLEM WITH PAYPAL ?

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2013, 10:14 AM
johnnybon
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PROPLEM WITH PAYPAL ?

Well a bit of a long one but please bear with me.

I sold a CDB on 22b from an old add that the buy had found he pm'd me which exchanged phone number and had a long conversation in which the condition and size of boares was discribed and he agreed to buy I said that I wanted him to come and pick up in person for a couple of reasons 1/ was so he could see and inspect for himself 2/ I have seen courier through your parts about he sai that he lived to far and would I except it if he was to arrange his own courier which I agreed to but said I except no responsibility for them although I would pack them to the best of my ability and available packing.so all was agreed and payed via PayPal. The courier was parcel force or should I say a sub contractor for them my worries started right there. They was sent straight to the engine builders that where building the engine for him 3-4 days later I got a phone call saying that they was damaged in transit where they had been knocking together where they had worn through the several layers of bubble rap but nothing bad enough to not being able to use they which I replyed to him I said that I never want to send and it was you courier which you agreed to although I said that I was sorry to hear that. Then the next day he rang again say that the boares was measured and was 92.5 and are no good for the build ??? I replyed with mi limited knowlage that they are good and fit for building a good stronge engine I believe I'm right ? So long and sort of it he opened a disput with PayPal where the took the cash and froze my accout the dispute went on for over a week in which time the blocks where returned to me the dispute was settled in my favour and the funds was released the guys engine tuner then called me trying to me to refund them I said I don't no why he was ringing as I didn't sell the blockers to him and to tell the buy to arrange a courier to pick up his blocks. Now he appealed to PayPal and they have frozen my account and refunded him.
I just don't no am I being **** or am I right as I now have a damaged blocks although useable I must also say I brought these of a very reputable guy off here so they are good block I really just don't no what do you think bloody PayPal

Sorry for the long thread but though you should no the whole story
Old 09 February 2013, 10:19 AM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Paypal won't side with you mate, they just want money.
In a way you got off lightly, because he sent his own courier you wouldn't always have had a proof of posting to him, as he dealt with that. So he could have just put in a non delivery claim, paypal would have gave him the money back and he could have kept the block. So don't ever let people pay by paypal if they are arranging a courier or collecting.
Old 09 February 2013, 10:25 AM
Busterbulldog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its called Paypal not Sellpal,they will never find in your favour
Old 09 February 2013, 10:30 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At 92.5mm it sounds like the bores have already been re-honed?

JohnD
Old 09 February 2013, 10:42 AM
johnnybon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Busterbulldog
Its called Paypal not Sellpal,they will never find in your favour
Yes I'm beginning to realise that but they did in the dispute and I got the money back but now he has appealed cant see how they can now change there minds after going over the facts the first time talk about indicative
Old 09 February 2013, 10:44 AM
johnnybon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
At 92.5mm it sounds like the bores have already been re-honed?

JohnD
Yes at that size but I had them measured by a very good engine tuner and he said they was 92.225 but still ok ?
Old 09 February 2013, 11:45 AM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

im surprised paypal have sided with the buyer, as he organised his own courier. i had the same last year when i purchased something not as described and they sided with the seller.
Old 09 February 2013, 11:55 AM
johnnybon
Scooby Regular

My problem with this is the parts was sold as described to the buyer he was the one who brought the wrong part for his engine builder it's like a tyer fitter saying go get me a set of 18 and returning with 17 so it carnt be the person who sold the 17 to the guy it's the guys fought for getting the wrong tyres don't you think
Old 09 February 2013, 12:09 PM
saints_forever
Scooby Regular

If you think you are in the right then keep the dispute open.

If he's arranged a courier off his own back and then phoned you saying it's been damaged in transit then he is responsible. You've sold it to him and he has decided on how he wants to get it to its destination. The buyer should open a civil dispute with the courier not you. That's like buying a TV from tesco, dropping it when you get it out of the car and then returning it as faulty goods......it doesn't work like that!
Old 09 February 2013, 12:34 PM
johnnybon
Scooby Regular

PayPal has just offered me to close the dispute by me paying him £105 and keeping the blocks but if I say no they want me to sent the blocks to Omaha USA AT MY EXPENSE WTF IS THAT ALL ABOUT
Old 09 February 2013, 12:49 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you tell him the bores had been re-honed? that seems to be the reason why he has rejected the goods.......

Shaun
Old 09 February 2013, 01:54 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

I had to send a game to America to get my refund. the buyer said thegane was faulty 33 days after buying it. America couldnt test it as it was regionn 2 and it played fine on my xbox. I got my money back but had to fork out £9 postage! paypal suck!

Stick with the lines that he arranged a courier so he is responsible say the courer packed them
Old 09 February 2013, 02:07 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

RobsyUK....looking at the OP the damage in transit is not the problem (the buyer says it doesn't affect the build).

The buyer has rejected the goods as the bores are not as OEM.

Shaun
Old 09 February 2013, 07:06 PM
johnnybon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
RobsyUK....looking at the OP the damage in transit is not the problem (the buyer says it doesn't affect the build).

The buyer has rejected the goods as the bores are not as OEM.

Shaun
The buyer didn't reject the goods it was the engine tuner that did but it was distcribed to the buyer correctly it was his decision to buy the goods it was his mistake not mine
Old 09 February 2013, 08:15 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Can you not appeal the appeal or start another dispute, If they sided with you in the first instance did you not get any emails or messages regarding an appeal?

What has changed from the first decision in your favour to the appeal?

Was there anything in the paypal invoice notes regarding the buyer not wanting to inspect prior to delivery?

Last edited by The Pink Ninja; 09 February 2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09 February 2013, 08:29 PM
johnnybon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GAZ2293
Can you not appeal the appeal or start another dispute, If they sided with you in the first instance did you not get any emails or messages regarding an appeal?

What has changed from the first decision in your favour to the appeal?

Was there anything in the paypal invoice notes regarding the buyer not wanting to inspect prior to delivery?
No nothing had changed apart from the engine tuner phoning me pleading his case for him and I just said if he wants to send a courier I would had them over to Him I would have refunded him if they had not got damaged as to appealing and appealing I just want it over really
Old 09 February 2013, 08:31 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Johnnybon

Thanks for clarifying that, the Contract is between you and the buyer. The Tuner has nothing to do with anything so his opinion does not count.....

If the Block was as described the buyer doesn't have a leg to stand on as they say, just Paypal being hopeless as usual

Good luck

Shaun
Old 09 February 2013, 08:55 PM
johnnybon
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys ill post the result