ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Returning to the fold

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2013, 08:13 PM
bennyboyc
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Returning to the fold

Evening all, I'm new here but a big scooby fan and have decided it's about time I got another. I fell in love with the Impreza whilst living in New Zealand for 5 months back in '03. A friend of mine had a mint classic WRX and I fell for it big time, hook line and sinker. As soon as I returned to the UK I bought a dark green UK Turbo, which I loved. I only had it a year though, as I was offered a company car. I sold it to a local import garage and always wondered where it ended up - does anybody know L859 FNY?

Anyway, all these years later and I will shortly be in a position to buy a weekend car, and have pretty much concluded another scooby is the way forward. It'll mostly be for fast-road use, with the occasional track day and hill climb etc...but the question is which one?!

I much prefer the classics, but there are so many to choose from. I think I'd like an STI for the additional power, lower ratio 'box and DCCD. Does the DCCD make a significant difference to the handling?

A few more questions if I may?

- can anybody point me in the direction of an overview of all the classic models and the differences? Also, is there a good forum picture thread you can guide me too so I can choose paint and wheels?

- I would like a Type R coupe but am 6'5" and would like to transport the kids from time to time. Is there much less rear legroom in the coupe?

- I most prefer the look of the very early cars. I assume the wings, bonnet, bumper and front lights etc use the same mounting points on all classic models, so I could make my STI look like an early 2000 Turbo?

- does anybody have or know of a set of Speedline type 2013s for sale, and if they come off a scooby would they fit all models?

- I see that in general the UK models are a little cheaper. Would the general difference in price be more than the cost of upgrading to STI power and DCCD?

Many thanks and look forward to playing with you!

Ben

Last edited by bennyboyc; 04 February 2013 at 11:33 AM.