Pirelli Richard Burns Foundation Rally

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2013, 12:04 PM
RESSE
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pirelli Richard Burns Foundation Rally

Pirelli Rally to Enshrine Richard’s Name in British Championship Event:

Carlisle’s round of the MSA BRC renamed as the Pirelli Richard Burns Foundation Rally.

A few short days after what would have been Richard’s 42nd birthday, Pirelli and the Cumberland Sporting Car Club confirmed that one of the most established and enduring rounds of the MSA British Rally Championship would adopt Richard’s name in its event title, enshrining the 2001 World Champion’s identity in a key event in his native national rally series.

The event, which Richard won in 1993 on his way to becoming the youngest ever British Rally Champion, will be renamed the Pirelli Richard Burns Foundation Rally, and as the second round of the BRC, will run under its new identity for the first time on 4th/5th May this year.

RIP Richard.

Mods please move if you think this should be posted elsewhere on Scoobynet.
Old 22 January 2013, 12:51 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Etheridge-Bird
Pirelli Rally to Enshrine Richard’s Name in British Championship Event:

Carlisle’s round of the MSA BRC renamed as the Pirelli Richard Burns Foundation Rally.

A few short days after what would have been Richard’s 42nd birthday, Pirelli and the Cumberland Sporting Car Club confirmed that one of the most established and enduring rounds of the MSA British Rally Championship would adopt Richard’s name in its event title, enshrining the 2001 World Champion’s identity in a key event in his native national rally series.

The event, which Richard won in 1993 on his way to becoming the youngest ever British Rally Champion, will be renamed the Pirelli Richard Burns Foundation Rally, and as the second round of the BRC, will run under its new identity for the first time on 4th/5th May this year.

RIP Richard.

IMHO if Richard was alive today, I doubt that Seb Loeb would have won half the amount of WRC wins he has done

Tony
Old 22 January 2013, 03:00 PM
juniorc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T5NYW

IMHO if Richard was alive today, I doubt that Seb Loeb would have won half the amount of WRC wins he has done

Tony
Too true,think master mcrae would have bagged another title as well if the rumours were true about him returning to prodrive in 2008,WRC was never the same without them.
Old 22 January 2013, 04:28 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a really nice tribute the the late great Richard burns.