Tracker Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2013, 10:20 PM
STOOBOY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker Problem

Hi All

I'll start by saying how good it is to be back!! After reluctantly selling my last scoob 6 years ago to buy my 1st house I've finally got another one and I'm simply loving it!

I bought it about 4 weeks ago and have been glued to scoobynet ever since

I digress...... Spoke to Trafficmaster today to get my Trackstar details set up in my name and they could not find my car on the system? The last owner never activated it but confirmed the car had one. (No paper work for it). Anyway went through every registration the car has ever had (from the HPI check) and even the Vin number but still no joy. The lady on the phone said its highly likely the car has got one fitted as standard and that I need to locate the device on my car to obtain the Sim number written on it.

Has anyone got the faintest idea where it could be I dont even know what it looks like!! I understand this perhaps a dodgy subject on an open forum so pm's welcomed if you can help.

If it helps the car is a 2003 UK STI

Thanks Guys

Stuart
Old 08 January 2013, 10:48 PM
Donnie Brasco 46
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why fit a tracker and not activate it?! As far as I know it wasn't a standard option. I have a trackstar and have no idea where the sim in - but as you are good enough to say, even if I did i shouldn't reveal it on a open website!! I imagine that there a probably 5 odd places that it could be, but wouldn't guess where...

Am surprised that they cannot trace it via the reg number, whether past or present. Don't like to think it, but perhaps it doesn't have one and you were told a porkie??? Just cos I say that I had sexual relations with Lauren vickers doesn't make it so...

Last edited by Donnie Brasco 46; 08 January 2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09 January 2013, 01:24 PM
STOOBOY
Scooby Regular

Yeah agree with what you are saying. There is every chance the car doesnt have one fitted. But the fella I bought it off was a sound guy and fellow s'netter so no reason not to believe him.

Within all the paper work for the car there was an RAC Trackstar pamphlet with a blob of glue on which I assume at one time was where a small credit card type thing was with the relevant phone numbers and such like on to stick in your wallet. There are not details associating it with this vehicle though. Just a standard leaflet.

Trafficmaster said it could be behind the dash board!! Now that could be a ball ache to get to. Very frustrating as it should be a simple phone call and job done.

Anyone else shed any light? What am I looking for and potential locations?

Cheers

Last edited by STOOBOY; 09 January 2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09 January 2013, 03:29 PM
PADDYHOEY
Scooby Regular

In my job, I normally find track stars behind the instrument panel.
Old 09 January 2013, 07:09 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

I found my TM Trackstar Tracker box underneath where the clock is on the dash - 07 STi Spec D.

The cables run from there and out a hole drilled under the drivers side centre vent for the blue screen / nav unit.

There is a TM button on my steering column, and two microphones either side of my parking light button on top of the steering column.

The screen looks like this :

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-car...01212274734881
Old 09 January 2013, 09:32 PM
STOOBOY
Scooby Regular

Ok cool thanks guys. I'll have a real good search at the weekend. Doesn't help leaving for work in the dark and getting home in the dark! Can't see bugger all!

Really do hope it's not behind the dash somewhere!