Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which dash clocks are a direct fit?

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2012, 07:32 PM
mike2367
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which dash clocks are a direct fit?

i have a 2005 blobeye WRX (late model with the hawkeye interior) and i'm not a fan of the green dials at all, want to change them for some of the STI ones but there seems to be a couple of different types, some bright red, some more orangey.

i think the red ones i've seen like this one on ebay are for the dccd models but i could be wrong
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2810388989...84.m1423.l2649

would these still be a direct fit even though i don't have dccd or do they have different connections and/or throw a light up on the dash?

and final question, would the "sweeping" feature on some of these clocks work in a WRX or is there a way to make it work if it doesn't naturally?

thanks for reading,
Mike.
Old 18 December 2012, 09:47 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Blobeye STi clocks are still green with red needles, unless you get a JDM Import model. The JDM blobs got red sweep dials.

The Hawkeye STi clocks are red with the sweep, but require modification if I understand correctly to fit the Blobeye plugs.

I've personally got JDM Blob clocks in my UK Blob - but mine is an STi with DCCD, so I don't know whether fitting DCCD clocks to a non DCCD car would cause a problem.

Another issue with JDM clocks is that you'll need to fit a KPH-MPH convertor, but that's not too difficult.
Old 18 December 2012, 10:16 PM
mike2367
Scooby Regular

for some reason i always thought blob STI's had red/orange dials, so whats the difference between them and the WRX ones? just an STI badge where it says "Impreza" on mine?

do you think the Hawkeye clocks would still need the plugs modifying since mine is a 2005 blob with the hawkeye dash/interior? thought they would be the same.

done some reading up and putting in hawkeye ones throw some lights up like handbrake, diff, and DCCD, and by fiddling or earthing some of the wires you can get them all out except the diff. all of the examples i've read were on pre 2005 blobs though so don't know how relevant to me they are :S

Mike.
Old 19 December 2012, 06:29 PM
mike2367
Scooby Regular

bump, can anyone else shed any light on this?

greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Old 19 December 2012, 07:28 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the hawk clocks need a bit of plastic cutting off from the plug to make it fit, but nothing wiring-wise.

The facelift dash has got nothing to do with the connectors for the clocks, it's just a different loom plug used on the Hawk hence the requirement for modification.

My ABS light is permenantly on with the JDM clocks so I blanked it off, apparently a relay is needed to reverse the polarity on that wire - I just never bothered to sort it properly... maybe a summer job if I can get hold of a wiring diagram.

I can't help on the other stuff, hope you find what you need. I'll be honest I really struggled for good information on clock changes on ScoobyNet - but I learned alot from NASIOC forums in the below sticky:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1458180

The US STi's get the same clocks as the JDM ones, so most of the people in that thread are doing WRX to STi upgrades, so you may find more relevant info there.