Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Is it worth selling car at this time of the year??

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2012, 09:34 AM
serpico
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth selling car at this time of the year??

As above really. I want to sell my car at somepoint in the near future but with Christmas around the corner & then people being hard up for cash in the New Year etc. is it worth hanging on till spring time? I'm sort of answering my own question here but just gauging people's thoughts?

Cheers
Old 15 December 2012, 11:27 AM
BIGEMP
Scooby Regular

always a bad time to sell around this time of year but can always put it up now and if it sells great and if not just hang on and hope you get what you after in the spring time.
Old 15 December 2012, 01:53 PM
panta_rei
Scooby Regular

Strange thing is, I noticed prices right now and selection in general is much more unfavourable for a buyer than in the summer time. Prices are higher, selection is poorer. I'm still regretting not jumping at that lovely green Legacy in London in July for 750 quid, even though the seller (a dealer) wasn't really that cooperative on the phone. Should've risked it, that car was gorgeous. Haven't seen a comparable Legacy for twice the price, nor any good Impreza for the money you could get them during summer. There is a nice looking Preza on ebay, but it's a freaking auto, not manual (I hate auto).
Old 15 December 2012, 02:40 PM
LVC
Scooby Regular

Buyers know that there are bargains to be had this time of year - it comes down to how good your negotiation skills are and if the price you're prepared to sell for is achievable or not. Worth seeing what prices other similar cars are up for and if you're happy with the amount. Leave some scope for negotiation and be prepared for the tyre kickers - if it's a scooby put it up on here first to avoid the dreamers.
Old 15 December 2012, 08:03 PM
serpico
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys. Im not desperate to sell. I think I'm gonna check the usual sites & see what's on offer. If there ain't much out there then I'll put mine up for sale & just be prepared not to sell it quickly. I think I'll price it accordingly to other cars out there & see what happens.