Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Great Service From Cobrasport (Sheffield)

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2012, 12:26 PM
TeddyTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Great Service From Cobrasport (Sheffield)

After months of deliberating on which exhaust to go for on my Blob STI i finally decided on a 3" resonated system with 4.5" slash cut backbox from Cobra. Went down there last night after work and had it fitted. Oh my Lord it was stupidly loud!! Bear in mind i had gone from standard to this but it was horrendous. Even with resonator the cabin drone on motorway home was unbearable and seemed to make the car really lumpy. I kept having to drop through the gears to make progress. Anyway i slept on it and this morning after waking the street whilst de-icing i decided to go straight to Cobra at opening time. Explained to the chaps there that my ears were bleeding and it had only done 16 miles on the car and they swapped it without any hassle for one of their 3" trackday systems. Ahhhh what a relief. I must be getting too old for loud systems. Don't know how you guys get on with Nur Specs etc etc but commuting 45 miles per day would have been a nightmare!! Anyways top marks for customer service!
Old 30 November 2012, 01:59 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went from a scorpion system (looks like a prodrive system) to a Nur spec and the first turn on the key I was :0 I have listened to the exhaust online but it's nothing like it in person, I have a 3" non-resonated to a 5" backbox. I thought about swapping it back or fitted a resonated box but it's mellowed after 100miles, plus I have the bung if I need to make it a little quieter.