Sponsored by:

2012 STI Road Noise

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2012, 10:11 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2012 STI Road Noise

I had my Brakes done this weekend, and whilst off I had a quick look at the tyres.

In all honesty ive been doing the M1 a lot but im at 28000 miles and still got 4mm on em.

Anyway ever since ive had it ive noticed that when pulling up ie braking the noise sounds abit like your pads being low, but they aint.

I ran my hand over the tyres and they were stepped on the inside. My m8 whos the MOT guy for Kwikfit said that its the balancing and what ive got there is my back tyres on my front, which I remember the dealer doing as part of the normal server swap them around. Thing is ive never had any vibrations wheel wobble etc.

Id be intrigued to know if any of you with the 2012 have noticed that kind of noise when pulling up, I never hear it at speed.

I rem Norman saying he thought the tyres were noisy, im just wondering if the stock setup does actually cause this.

Anyway Rant over. if anybody wants some Brembo pads cheap ive got a pair of front with 50% on em still BAH humbug
Old 28 November 2012, 10:34 PM
dsemuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first got my 2008 hatch the new pads & discs seemed to take an age to bed in properly.

I didn't think they would ever settle in but they did, as you say it is like metal on metal
Old 28 November 2012, 10:39 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I had noise on my 08 like this. it never went away & could never solve it. even after fitting new discs and pads it persisted to do it. I even tried braking from stupid speeds that hard the discs were just off orange it still made the same noise damn thing.
Old 28 November 2012, 10:56 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Bob if you ever get any in, have a quick look, on both inside of the tyres they were legal nothing noticeable until you ran ya hand over, then it was kinda bumpy. I had this on a civic type r 2003 model, that was the wishbones and Honda replaced them foc as it was a known fault, but that too was the whirring sound when coming to a stop.
Very weird.
Old 28 November 2012, 11:00 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Littleted
Bob if you ever get any in, have a quick look, on both inside of the tyres they were legal nothing noticeable until you ran ya hand over, then it was kinda bumpy. I had this on a civic type r 2003 model, that was the wishbones and Honda replaced them foc as it was a known fault, but that too was the whirring sound when coming to a stop.
Very weird.
I know the tread shape you mean, get the geometry checked It sounds like it's not set correctly mate & its starting to chew the tyres