HELP !! MY SCOOBY has just been Rear-ended

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2001, 09:34 PM
Nate-old
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Help,

Just been hit this evening , and I was only going to get KFC . Chickens got their revenge is what my dad said , anyway .

Does anyone know whether Scooby sport do bodywork repairs , as I do not want to entrust my Scooby to any old bodyshop , or if anyone knows of a reputable body repairer in or around South-East Essex , it would be much appreciated .
I will probably take it to ScoobySport anyway , to let them see whether there is any damage to other parts of the car .

Many thanks in advance

Nate.
Old 08 April 2001, 09:49 PM
MickeyG
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry to hear it m8.

Mine got rear ended in February, and looked for a good bodyshop myself. Your insurance company will have a list of "approved" body shops, mine would not budge to another (unless Scooby Sport is on the list).

Hope it goes well for you (mine was written off - maybe this was the best thing)

I don't know if they do repairs, hope things get sorted for you.

MickeyG
Old 08 April 2001, 10:02 PM
Nate-old
Scooby Regular

Angry

Mickey

Doesn't look too bad , boot won't open though , and I've spent all afternoon making all the fitments for my ICE install , I get hungry , take a ride to get something to eat , and this happens , many thanks though

Nate.
Old 08 April 2001, 10:22 PM
SUPERCAR-KILLER
Scooby Regular

Smile

Sorry to hear of your incident as long as their is no damage to yourself that is the main thing.
youll probably feel it in the morning,
Regards
SK
Old 08 April 2001, 10:30 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Ih *rse! Sorry to har the bad news m8.

you can insist on having your car repaired anywhere you like, I work in a body shop and we get things like this all the time, north Yorhshire though, probably a bit far!

Bob
Old 09 April 2001, 01:12 AM
Fullonloon
Scooby Regular

I'll give you a number tomorrow
Q
Old 09 April 2001, 07:55 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Sorry to hear about your damage. The Subaru dealer Days of Chelmsford are generally pretty good, and not far away. 01245 440571.

Trending Topics

Old 09 April 2001, 06:47 PM
Nate-old
Scooby Regular

Talking

Dave ,

thanks for the no. , but I think I've found the route I am going to take , through Scoobysport , a chap they recommended .

Thanks anyway

Nate
Old 18 April 2001, 07:12 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Here you go Nate, that's not a pleasant sight at all

Si

Old 18 April 2001, 08:35 PM
Nate-old
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Mr Cookie,

Thanks a lot for putting my pics up , and the damage doesn't look so bad on the pics

Nate.
Old 20 April 2001, 09:56 PM
Rob Mo
Scooby Regular

Nate,

Just a follow up, A couple of years ago I got hit in my old Sierra - best thing that could have happened - wen't down to the most expensive garage I know - Essex Ford Cherrydown, they gave me a ridiculous quote of about £1k - cost me £25.00. Sent it off to the other blokes insurance company via mine, they asked for another quote- I said no coz, I didn't want anyone else to do the work - took about 2 months B4 they sent an assesor round who kindly valued the car at £900 - got an immediate offer of £800.00 via cheque and they couln't keep the car because the accident wasn't my fault or something - got a cheque on 23rd december for the £800 - when the missus phoned to say 'we've got the cheque' I had to cut off coz some lorry had just driven into the back of my parked car !! - how'z that for luck. anyway basics are that I got 2 claims ( paid by cheque )the same way - one for £800 and one for £500 - most expensive 1800 ghia on the planet - because I stood my ground . To get to the point, if you can get a cheque from this young ladies insurance company - then I know for a fact that if you go and see the guys in the bodyshop at Days - Chelmsford - they are not opposed to cash jobbies and I also have seen that they are good !, see the boss bloke in the bodyshop, can't remember his name.
I've also hear 'Dentmaster' is good, and he has some sort of arrangement with scoobysport, I've got to arrange a panel session due to some dodgy shelving ( in our almost newly inherited garage ) that decided to fall on my o/s, me scoob was only 2 weeks old - lucky only one small dent - too awkward for me to attack though, but again I digress, I will probalbly go to a group booking for the 'Dentmaster'

phew, finished

Rob