Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2012, 12:24 PM
paulob1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member

Hi All,

I am a newby to the forum, i have a few cars,

I started with a subaru engined buggy, 2 litre fun machine, then bought an old impreza wagon 1996, then a twin turbo estate car and then a spare.

I run a small repair shop so plan to upgrade them a bit...and am also building two more buggy's with subaru engines too, the baja bug is getting a twin turbo 240 bhp mill if it fits cleanly, may have to try a std non turbo engine if it does not, and another buggy is getting a std impreza engine...

just a few thoughts from you experts, my estate car I intend to keep reasonably std but want to ask a few questions re upgrades...

1. Brakes will the four pot calipers off the imprezza fit the legacy...
2. the twin turbo is nice and powerful enough but can anyone recommend a map that will give me a broader power band.

the impreza I am going to tune up a bit, want to aim for around 320-350 bhp tops...I have not had time to read through all the media information here but anyone recommend the best turbos to do this,

was thinking maybe a gt28r or similar,

or can I modify the std turbo's to boost more...

anyone know what is the best I can expect to get from a new map...

sorry for picking your brains but I know it is so pointless me reinventing the wheel and trying to learn all this the hard way...you guys will know a good deal more than me right now...

oh one last point what is the max power a subaru engine can take...anyone know the limits...or is the drive train more susceptible than the engine...would love to try and build a 500 bhp car...
Old 19 September 2012, 01:15 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Hello mate, welcome to Snet

As far as power limits - https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...der-board.html
Old 19 September 2012, 01:54 PM
paulob1
Scooby Regular

hey thanks for that, gives me an idea of what can be done, but with turbos there is virtually no limit, any idea where i might find mods to basic engine, I was really interested in what is the limit of the basic internals of the std 2 litre engine...