what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2012, 11:28 AM
Scoobyfan2012
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would you do?

Hey guys I'm struggling to make a decision on this hoping you can help

So I decided on buying a blobeye impreza and the insurance company said 737 quid for a UK spec or 877 for a jdm.

Did a lot of research and everyone suggests jdm is the way forward.

However the insurance company said they would not insure the jdm for theft unless it had a tracker fitted, I am strongly opposed to paying an extra 120 a year plus the 400 for the tracker so I have two options.

Buy a UK spec and miss out on what the JDM has to offer, or get a JDM without theft insurance, now I could buy a Di-pole (pole that locks the car in reverse) and wire in a switch to the starter solenoid but is it worth the risk?

So UK spec or JDM with complications?

Fyi I just started the insurance with that company on my current car so I really don't want to have to cancel that policy and find another company (get raped with cancellation fees)

Thoughts?
Old 18 September 2012, 11:33 AM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

You just started it on another car? When? Is it within the 14 day cooling off period?

I took it up the *** from an insurance company when I cancelled a policy to change it to my Impreza.

Find out how much it's going to cost to cancel it and if it's too much wait till next year and spend the time finding the right car.
Old 18 September 2012, 12:14 PM
Scoobyfan2012
Scooby Regular

Think its too late too back out without getting screwed I'm afraid, It's the dccd I want the most which I could get if I get a 2005 UK spec, not sure about the engine will a forged engine make any difference to me I will most likely be running no more than 320 horses.