Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sti rear calipers on newage wrx 2004? Help!?!

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2012, 01:16 PM
twp83
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sti rear calipers on newage wrx 2004? Help!?!

Hi all, recently brought a full set of front and rear brembos with discs and pads that where fitted to a classic, and I'v read loads of threads/guides about fitting these, but they all relate to a classic and im confused with the part relating to the rear caliper mounting bracket? ( this was supplied along with the hand brake shoe expansion kit) is the caliper bracket just for fitment to a classic? As when I took a look today the calipers looked like they bolt on to the original mounting points? Just wanted clarification before I fitted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Terry

Last edited by twp83; 15 September 2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 15 September 2012, 05:46 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Yes with newage the calipers line up ok, not sure on the bolts needed as I only fitted fronts to my old wrx and had to use the brembo mounting bolts as they where a different thread. But the brake shoes will be required unless fitting new rear discs then you can buy them sleeved to wrx shoe size from Godspeed
Old 15 September 2012, 05:52 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They fit straight on to the newage - sell the bracket on. Make sure you use the correct brembo bolts and follow Daz's advice for the handbrake and you won't go far wrong

Beware when tightening up as the calipers are quite soft and it is easy to strip the thread
Old 15 September 2012, 06:43 PM
twp83
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
They fit straight on to the newage - sell the bracket on. Make sure you use the correct brembo bolts and follow Daz's advice for the handbrake and you won't go far wrong

Beware when tightening up as the calipers are quite soft and it is easy to strip the thread
Cheers for the replies guys, glad thats all cleared up and i can get fitting. I'v brought the correct bolts for front and rear from Godspeed so hopefully should be ok.... And will def careful when tightening them after only just getting them back from being helicoiled.
Old 15 September 2012, 07:17 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they're helicoiled then they should be fine
Old 15 September 2012, 09:32 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Common problem with brembos, other one is the bleed nipples can seize and strip as well, so be careful when bleeding them. One of my bleed nipples was very tight and took a bit of careful persuasion when I changed my brake fluid last year.
Old 16 September 2012, 09:04 AM
twp83
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by daz1968
Common problem with brembos, other one is the bleed nipples can seize and strip as well, so be careful when bleeding them. One of my bleed nipples was very tight and took a bit of careful persuasion when I changed my brake fluid last year.
This was the case with mine when I brought then, few of the nipples were seized in solid, so had them removed and the threads redone when I got them helicoiled and brought new nipples all round, so should hopefully last a while. Do t want to be taking any risk when it comes to your brakes