PlastiDip

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2012, 10:18 PM
DTVHSR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PlastiDip

Alright folks,

Just been enlightened about plastidip watching some videos on youtube.

Anyone on here used or messed about with it?

I have a Audi a3 1.9tdi 182k miles(boooo I know lol) hopefully have a scooby in November/December time!!

Anyway the wheels have seen better days and I want to spray them to give them a new lease of life lol.

Does anyone know where you can get some in Scotland which retailers/shop? I'd like to walk in and buy some cans as opposed to buying online as I'd have to wait then :P lol

Cheers,

Marty
Old 08 September 2012, 10:24 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not done a car, but I have done some interior bits

https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...-part-1-a.html

TBH, I bought it direct from Plastidip and it arrived in a couple of days...

http://www.plastidip.co.uk/index.cfm
Old 08 September 2012, 10:34 PM
DTVHSR
Scooby Regular

Sweet, the interior bits look good!

Couple of days doesn't sound to bad I suppose, I'm guessing I'd need a can per wheel tho... which adds up quick! :P
Old 08 September 2012, 10:36 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DTVHSR
Alright folks,

Just been enlightened about plastidip watching some videos on youtube.

Anyone on here used or messed about with it?

I have a Audi a3 1.9tdi 182k miles(boooo I know lol) hopefully have a scooby in November/December time!!

Anyway the wheels have seen better days and I want to spray them to give them a new lease of life lol.

Does anyone know where you can get some in Scotland which retailers/shop? I'd like to walk in and buy some cans as opposed to buying online as I'd have to wait then :P lol

Cheers,

Marty
My other car is a 54 plate B 5.5 Passat Highline 1.9 TDi AWX 130ps, mapped to 170ps by AMD in Essex.

Cant beat the VAG TDi in my opinion. 182k miles? That's only the beginning mate!

I too have seen a few vids of this dipping, the one I saw was an American guy spraying an Audi A5 I think it was, it was a white one.

It peels off easy from the headlights etc, good for paintwork protection.
Old 08 September 2012, 10:42 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet, the interior bits look good!

Couple of days doesn't sound to bad I suppose, I'm guessing I'd need a can per wheel tho... which adds up quick! :P
That lot was 750ml of paint plus 750ml of thinners, I suspect you'll need 1-2 cans per wheel
Old 08 September 2012, 10:53 PM
DTVHSR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D
My other car is a 54 plate B 5.5 Passat Highline 1.9 TDi AWX 130ps, mapped to 170ps by AMD in Essex.

Cant beat the VAG TDi in my opinion. 182k miles? That's only the beginning mate!

I too have seen a few vids of this dipping, the one I saw was an American guy spraying an Audi A5 I think it was, it was a white one.

It peels off easy from the headlights etc, good for paintwork protection.
Very nice!

Yeah VAG TDi are some machines, 186k its just getting run in lol, and it doesn't get a particularly easy life...

Yeah that's one of the videos I saw, sure there was an S4 also, sprayed in a really cool blue colour. Looks a lot nicer than I thought it would of.

Need to black mask the front and rear bumpers like the Nissan GT-R black mask to hide all the stone chips... the front bumper is almost one giant stone chip... lol
Old 08 September 2012, 10:55 PM
DTVHSR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
That lot was 750ml of paint plus 750ml of thinners, I suspect you'll need 1-2 cans per wheel
Oh dear lol, in that case the cost will be £60 to £120...

There's a wheel shop in town, might see what his best price is for a matte coat or something.
Old 08 September 2012, 10:57 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Very nice!

Yeah VAG TDi are some machines, 186k its just getting run in lol, and it doesn't get a particularly easy life...

Yeah that's one of the videos I saw, sure there was an S4 also, sprayed in a really cool blue colour. Looks a lot nicer than I thought it would of.

Need to black mask the front and rear bumpers like the Nissan GT-R black mask to hide all the stone chips... the front bumper is almost one giant stone chip... lol
There is an 09 plate GT-R on the Connors Day photo's, this is either matt black, or plasti dipped, not sure but it looks great.

A fantastic turn out for the little fella, I was unable to attend, but my heart goes out to Connor and his family....and all involved.

Well done guys / gals, you sure did him proud today
Old 08 September 2012, 11:10 PM
DTVHSR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D
There is an 09 plate GT-R on the Connors Day photo's, this is either matt black, or plasti dipped, not sure but it looks great.

A fantastic turn out for the little fella, I was unable to attend, but my heart goes out to Connor and his family....and all involved.

Well done guys / gals, you sure did him proud today
Cool, I'll have a look!

Had a look through the Connors Day photo's really glad it was a good turn out looked like a great day. Sorry I couldn't make it. My thought's are with Connor and his family also.