Sponsored by:

NEW MEMBER AFTER ADVICE AND PARTS

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2012, 10:49 PM
DORITO
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW MEMBER AFTER ADVICE AND PARTS

hello everyone thanks for taking the time to read this, i got an impreza 98 plate yesterday its my first turbo petrol car, im 22 and loving it! its the fastest car ive ever driven, its had a new engine put in and im told its runing about 320 bhp so pretty happy with that, the only problem is is its been modified tackily, you know, massive front scoop, neons in the grill etc, ie removed the worse parts and im hoping to get the scoop and vents for the bonnet standard? and im after a P1's fog lights, from what i gather there fog lights are smaller than normal and are much nicer like spot lights on the blanking cover, also im after a front mount intercooler...any advice or help would be great thanks!
Old 04 September 2012, 11:07 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

An old guy would say to put it back to near- standard through buying up parts for a song from those going the other way. Would make it easier to sell and de-tuning it a bit would increase the longevity of the drive train and save on insurance (assuming mods are declared). This would put more money in your savings account to buy an even nicer jam later.

That's what an old guy would do! :-)
Old 05 September 2012, 08:15 AM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

another case of nova maths tbh, if the car is modded the way you say it is then it stands a chance the guy has blagged your head about the power, chavriot ftw, is it a wrx?
Old 05 September 2012, 09:49 AM
marshall332bhp
Scooby Regular

like already been said unless u have a recent dyno sheet proving power asume standard or even less than standard if its had decats and air filters fitted and not mapped for them cos the ecu will pull back cos it will be confused.
Old 05 September 2012, 09:55 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The '98 ecu isn't map-able, and needs either an aftermarket ecu or a daughter-board.

P1's FOG lights, aren't. They were DRIVING lights, wired to come on with main beam. The covers are still available from aftermarket, the light supports for a couple of quid from a Scoob dealer and the lights themselves are about £150 a pair from a Hella dealer, they are 90mm diameter, I have part Nos if you need them. Wiring is easy.

They also come in HID, but at £700 a pair

WHY do you want an FMIC? Your car would need the map tweaked at the very least, you may gain nothing and might even end up with a poorer drive.
Old 05 September 2012, 10:01 AM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

Welcome Dorito
we can supply you a rapeseed inter cooler
get in touch
Old 05 September 2012, 12:18 PM
DORITO
Scooby Newbie

yeah luckily im in germany so my insurance is only 80 euros a month nothing too steep ( was paying the same on my leon cupra tdi) i plan to make it abit more factory as its abit OTT at the moment! ill get it dyno'd i think! i was after aq front mount intercooler mainly for the looks if im honest would it not be beneficial at all?
Old 05 September 2012, 12:39 PM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

These not alot between them fitted many of the japspeed ones over the years and they seem to work well and look good on the scoobys
Old 05 September 2012, 01:09 PM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

we have fitted and supplied loads of japspeed fmic recently and they work well and look the part on top of that we can get them at a good price