this fooking country

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2012, 12:48 PM
mr terzo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this fooking country

whats happening in this country

i spent 10yrs in the army as an infantry sniper serving in kosovo, northern ireland, iraq and afganistan. due to an injury whilst on active service in afganistan i was medically discharged out of the forces.

i have been diagnosed with ptsd (post tramamatic stress disorder) and a pretty servere back injury which stop me working. anyone who has tried to deal with either on a daily basis will know day to day life isnt easy were a full time job is concerned. i have tried over the years to work but my body is wrecked with pain most day

i take 43 tablets a day to give a some form of pain relief and had more medication for mental health issues and councilling toi help me deal with the after effects of war on your mind
and before someone comments that i joined the army out of choice. the answer is yes i did and i enjoyed my time whilst serving. the army trains you but nothing prepares you for the act of war on your mind

i have seen things and done things that thankfully most people only see in movies. and have been left with mental scars that will proberly never heal.

why is it when i try to claim something to help me finacially from the department of work and pensions im told because my partner works, not a big income i might add. im not eligaible. i get a small medical pension certainly not enough to live onfor a week nevermind a month

for ***** sake all i did was fight for this country.

if i pumped smack into my arms id get the fooking lot and what has the smackhead ever done for this country besides rob people blind to fund their habit.

makes me think why do so many lads give the ultimate for their country, their lives.
when we treat a smack head better than those who've fought for there country

Last edited by mr terzo; 03 September 2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03 September 2012, 12:54 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't disagree with you on any point there,

I think you hit the nail on the head, Respect the people who go to war for the sake of this country IMO.
Old 03 September 2012, 01:16 PM
scooby.steve555
Scooby Regular

Couldn't agree more mate, it's a disgrace that all the druggies and criminals seem to get everything given to them for nothing and the people who do good get nothing!
Old 03 September 2012, 01:20 PM
bottlesofbecks
Scooby Regular

Have you contacted the charities that are aimed at ex forces
Old 03 September 2012, 01:27 PM
mr terzo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bottlesofbecks
Have you contacted the charities that are aimed at ex forces
no mate i havent. its not charity i want if you get what im saying. ive worked since i left school at 16 and i am 41 now. reckon ive payed in enough over the years to maybe be entitled to a bit out of the system. obviously not though
Old 03 September 2012, 01:28 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mr terzo
whats happening in this country

i spent 10yrs in the army as an infantry sniper serving in kosovo, northern ireland, iraq and afganistan. due to an injury whilst on active service in afganistan i was medically discharged out of the forces.

i have been diagnosed with ptsd (post tramamatic stress disorder) and a pretty servere back injury which stop me working. anyone who has tried to deal with either on a daily basis will know day to day life isnt easy were a full time job is concerned. i have tried over the years to work but my body is wrecked with pain most day

i take 43 tablets a day to give a some form of pain relief and had more medication for mental health issues and councilling toi help me deal with the after effects of war on your mind
and before someone comments that i joined the army out of choice. the answer is yes i did and i enjoyed my time whilst serving. the army trains you but nothing prepares you for the act of war on your mind

i have seen things and done things that thankfully most people only see in movies. and have been left with mental scars that will proberly never heal.

why is it when i try to claim something to help me finacially from the department of work and pensions im told because my partner works, not a big income i might add. im not eligaible. i get a small medical pension certainly not enough to live onfor a week nevermind a month

for ***** sake all i did was fight for this country.

if i pumped smack into my arms id get the fooking lot and what has the smackhead ever done for this country besides rob people blind to fund their habit.

makes me think why do so many lads give the ultimate for their country, their lives.
when we treat a smack head better than those who've fought for there country
SSAFA, RBL, AWS or your Regimental Headquarters should be contacted for advice. Your Armed Forces Compensation Scheme Payment and Pension , if it is atributable to "Warfighting" is not means tested and should not be taken into account for benefit claims.

Have you been in contact with Combat Stress with regards to the PTSD?

PAP 10?

Did you discharge via a PRU?

Drop me a PM with your details and I'll have a dig about.
Old 03 September 2012, 01:57 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

no mate i havent. its not charity i want if you get what im saying. ive worked since i left school at 16 and i am 41 now. reckon ive payed in enough over the years to maybe be entitled to a bit out of the system. obviously not though
I suspect that the poster was focussing on the issues other than benefit that you have, and feeling that you shouldnt be left to go through it alone.

'Charity' as they hold charitable status, but not suggesting that you are or should be looking for charity.

Simon

Trending Topics

Old 03 September 2012, 02:32 PM
billy21
Scooby Regular

I bloody hate the government. You will find that and non British drug abusing smack head will get looked after better. Happened to friends of mine and you can see they aren't the same people they were when they left. The government happily take your cash but will they hell help you out when it's needed. Best of luck to ya and I hope they at least realise they are being ***** and help out
Old 03 September 2012, 02:43 PM
dirtybarry
BANNED

Very sad post to read
Old 03 September 2012, 02:59 PM
Bean1984
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The goverment have there priorties the wrong way round. Screw the soliders serving or retired and look after the tossers that cause nothing but pure trouble to the country. Ive worked with a lot of soliders that have ptsd and seen a lot of them taken to health centres.

Its never gonna be easy for an solider to get over but it will at some point get better for you mate. Personally i think any solider thats retired should still be entitled to the same pay they was on when they was serving till they do find another job. Try and speak to someone you trust about your feelings mate if you do need help

Good luck tho mate
Old 03 September 2012, 03:03 PM
mr terzo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
I suspect that the poster was focussing on the issues other than benefit that you have, and feeling that you shouldnt be left to go through it alone.

'Charity' as they hold charitable status, but not suggesting that you are or should be looking for charity.

Simon
i dont think you were suggesting anything bad or derogitry mate.
Old 03 September 2012, 03:08 PM
mr terzo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bean1984
The goverment have there priorties the wrong way round. Screw the soliders serving or retired and look after the tossers that cause nothing but pure trouble to the country. Ive worked with a lot of soliders that have ptsd and seen a lot of them taken to health centres.

Its never gonna be easy for an solider to get over but it will at some point get better for you mate. Personally i think any solider thats retired should still be entitled to the same pay they was on when they was serving till they do find another job. Try and speak to someone you trust about your feelings mate if you do need help

Good luck tho mate
ive had councilling mate it helps to a point to control rage and my temper. and maybe as the years go by it will get easier. but at the moment its not easy i still have a lot of images in my head which aren't perticularly nice
sniping is a very personnel form of war fighting and the images dont go away so easy.
Old 03 September 2012, 03:26 PM
Bean1984
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ive had councilling mate it helps to a point to control rage and my temper. and maybe as the years go by it will get easier. but at the moment its not easy i still have a lot of images in my head which aren't perticularly nice
sniping is a very personnel form of war fighting and the images dont go away so easy.
I know what your saying mate. Theres only so much talking can do to help you. I guess tho being a sniper you feel you have a bit of extra responsibility in protecting your troops. I know every solider carries a high demand of responsibility in ptotecting their platoon/squadron but i do feel for you matey. The goverment dont really help out either.
Old 03 September 2012, 03:48 PM
mr terzo
Scooby Regular

this is not just about me , its about the in jutice of the system that seems to be happy to treat injured ex serviceman and women with such distain. and is happy to give hand outs to people who have never given or have no intention of giving something back to the country. ie drug addicts who regardless put the needle in ther own arm out of choice not out necessity
Old 03 September 2012, 04:08 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

PM Keith. Get amongst it fella .
Old 03 September 2012, 04:21 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

PM Keith. Get amongst it fella .
Old 03 September 2012, 06:47 PM
bottlesofbecks
Scooby Regular

No offence taken buddy , remember you are also entitled to the help from the agencies that Trooper mentioned because you have served, thats what there there for.
That many pills you must rattle.
Old 03 September 2012, 08:04 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

as others have said - don't think on the various agencies as 'charities' - more of a 'helping hand'. They can look at yr personal circumstances and make sure u are getting all u are entitled to
Gd Luck
Old 03 September 2012, 08:30 PM
terror
Scooby Regular

Its absolutely disgusting the way the government and the system treat our injured service men and women. Its sad but we seem to be seeing more and more cases like yours in the news papers every week.
I really feel for you and i know it doesnt mean much but i, and millions of other people appreciate what you have done for us and our country. Good bless you and i hope things get better for you in the future
Old 03 September 2012, 09:38 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well said terror
The only thing that now leaves a sour taste is what are we defending fighting for.
This country's ****
Old 03 September 2012, 10:04 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

I remember watching something where a young lad had lost either his arms or legs.....it was his legs , gave him rehab and sent him home.......

Poor ****er lived on something like the 10th floor of a block of council flats.....*****

Op you deserve better and more of it
Old 03 September 2012, 10:33 PM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

I agree with the poster all the way and some of the stories I know make me sick to my stomach. it pays to be a bum in this world and it's not right. I could rant on believe me but where will it get me??!! You deserve better by a million miles and i hope you get it. You deserve it!
Old 03 September 2012, 10:54 PM
mr terzo
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot as an ex soldier that people have the same views as myself. Maybe in time it'll change proberly not in the near future
Old 03 September 2012, 11:03 PM
byrnsie44
Scooby Regular

out of interest mate, what reg were you?
Old 04 September 2012, 12:18 AM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

totally agree with you mate, bang out of order.

My aunt used to do work for SSAFA before she died, they do alot of great work for people exactly in your position.

http://www.ssafa.org.uk/

Chin up
Graeme
Old 04 September 2012, 10:57 AM
mr terzo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by byrnsie44
out of interest mate, what reg were you?
1st battalion the green howards. princess alexandra's own yorkshire regiment

the regiment was amalgamated in 2006 and became the 2nd yorkshire regiment

the green howards were formed in 1688 at dunster castle in somersett

amalgamated in 2006

the regiment is to be disbanded in 2013 according to what i read in the news

318 yrs of history + 7yrs as 2nd yorks.

only regiment to win a vc on d-day (csm stanley hollis vc )

sure they must be one of the oldest regiments in the british army

as you can proberly guess im very proud of the regiment that i served in and its long and distinquished history

Last edited by mr terzo; 04 September 2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04 September 2012, 11:54 AM
byrnsie44
Scooby Regular

yes mate, good to see it, im proud of mine too
Old 04 September 2012, 12:33 PM
mr terzo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by byrnsie44
yes mate, good to see it, im proud of mine too
what reg were you mate?
Old 04 September 2012, 07:54 PM
byrnsie44
Scooby Regular

what reg were you mate?
im still in mate , pm'ed
Old 05 September 2012, 08:11 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot as an ex soldier that people have the same views as myself. Maybe in time it'll change proberly not in the near future
I think many have the same views /thoughts as you pal ex forces or not,Civvy street can be a bit of an ***.But help is available from organisations already mentioned in this thread.
Very best of luck to you,and you're not alone out here.

Quick Reply: this fooking country