Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Importing from Europe

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2002, 10:37 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone bought a UK spec car in a EU state and brought it back over to England?

I need comments from people who have experienced the advantages, pitfalls in doing this sort of thing on their own. What steps did you take to ensure that you were getting a 100% UK car? Did you deal with the dealers face to face? What should you look out for?
What sort of things do you need to do? Paperwork etc? Legal issues?

Did anyone do this through an import agency, were they happy with the service they got? Who did you go through?

In fact anything you may think would be useful.

The reason I ask is that a mate and myself are thinking of getting Toyota Yaris T Sports for our wives. We have done a lot of research on the web BUT we need to talk to people who have done this sort of thing before, ie real people, not claims from agencies who say A Bloggs from Solihull was over the moon when he picked up his car blah blah blah. You know what I mean!

So if anyone can help then please reply. Even better if anyone out there has imported a Yaris T Sport.

Thanks in advance...
Old 09 May 2002, 11:23 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Bought a MY02 WRX wagon direct from the dealer in Belgium. Completely painless, simple process. Even the DVLA is easy and obliging.

If you're looking fo an agent that does the Yaris, try my mate Adrian at Showroom4cars.com on 0870 753 4444.
Old 05 September 2002, 11:33 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

You want to join the importingimprezas mailing list on groups.yahoo.com

(Yes, I know it's about Imprezas and most people have imported direct from the dealers, but there may be some people on there with experience of import agents).

BTW I would try broadspeed, as they've been around for a long time (got on the importing bandwagon right at the start, and were reputable Mini tuners in the 60s).

[Edited by carl - 5/9/2002 11:35:20 PM]