Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Personal opinions on For Sale threads?
Yes
46.34%
No
53.66%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

For Sale Threads Poll

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2012, 08:59 PM
shorty87
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale Threads Poll

Just a quick poll to judge where people stand on For Sale threads,

Is it right for people to voice their personal opinions on someones for sale thread if they have absolutely no interest in the vehicle that is being advertised?
Old 12 August 2012, 09:02 PM
zippy!
Scooby Regular

only if it is constructive or to aid in the sale i,m,o
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I think it is completely fine to voice an opinion on the item for sale BUT you don't need to be rude or a d!ckhead about the way you put it!
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I would say no, unless they have an over-riding reason such as personal knowledge of problems with the vehicle or parts for sale.

I wouldn't want someone ruining a for sale thread of mine, but I would like genuine members to advise of problems as well.
Old 12 August 2012, 09:06 PM
shorty87
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
I would say no, unless they have an over-riding reason such as personal knowledge of problems with the vehicle or parts for sale.

I wouldn't want someone ruining a for sale thread of mine, but I would like genuine members to advise of problems as well.

I agree with that, if someones viewed a car and knows some things wrong with it that isnt mentioned that is fair to make others aware
Old 12 August 2012, 09:07 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by prodriverules
Yes I think it is completely fine to voice an opinion on the item for sale BUT you don't need to be rude or a d!ckhead about the way you put it!
+1
Old 12 August 2012, 09:53 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

I try not to comment but find i have to,I do this to help the seller and help the potential buyer.

If there is something wrong and i know it ill let everyone know,As i would like to be informed.
Old 12 August 2012, 09:59 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

Like ^
Old 13 August 2012, 01:40 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder

I would agree with that.

As a member here (mod second), I would want to know if there was some 'hidden' information so to speak. That said, what we as members have to be wary of, is that somebody could be selling an item on here and another person with a personal grudge could come along and make claims that may or may not be true, in an attempt to ruin their sale.

As a general rule, from a moderator point of view, sales threads should be kept to relevant comments and interest in the item, not a bitching session over price or taste etc.
Old 13 August 2012, 09:48 AM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

I would much rather the car I'm buying has been critiqued by the forum before I go to buy. If someone sees that they have listed something wrong then I'd hope they would point it out for everyone.
Old 13 August 2012, 10:13 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

IMO Sales threads are for selling stuff not about having a chat about how nice/crap/overpriced/underpriced the item is.

If its a valid question or query thats not covered by the description, that's fine ( like for example what brand tyres are fitted to a set of wheels ). But anything else just makes it into a discussion. Especially if its from people who aren't even interested in buying it.

The current sales rules do hint at this. We don't moderate it though (too many posts to read), its only done on a "if called upon" basis. So anyone has a problem with someone posting unjustified or negative/opinionated crap/noise in their sales thread, or just simply wants a tidy up. Just click the report post icon and we'll take a look and have tidy it up if we think its needed.

However if the seller has been outed because he's been proven to be dodgy or been telling porky pies (for example lying about the description/condition etc...note this has to be proven not supposition). Then we will typically not remove anything directly related to this (we may remove any abusive posts and ganging up etc and lock the thread though - so keep it polite). Also editing past posts to cover tracks won't save anyone from their history either...we can still see what the edited/deleted posts say.

Last edited by ALi-B; 13 August 2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: crossed a few Ts
Old 13 August 2012, 10:19 AM
oliVeR6
Scooby Regular

As above, yes if it's a valid/constructive point.

No if it's just to stir ****
Old 13 August 2012, 07:17 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Can someone just make me an offer for my alloys please?!!

Thanks!!
Old 13 August 2012, 07:46 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Some folk just troll threads for something to gripe about. Some of the time I think its jealousy or the fact that the said seller is selling something similar and tries to lower the reputation of that that particular seller. That said most folk on here are level headed and try to help one another, especially if someone has good history of that particular seller or the product thats for sale.

Either way I will happily leave positive comments on someones forsale thread if deserved, but refrain from leaving any negative comments unless its extremely aparant something is amiss.

Rob