Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st post Stupid question?

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2002, 06:13 PM
Grimy Corporal
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everybody seems to have STI's Turbo's etc but I have a 1.6GL Impreza and want afew tips on how to improve engine bhp and where to get the items from around the south coast/portsmouth area

cheers Mac
Old 09 May 2002, 06:15 PM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

first two things to get are usually exhaust and a HKS mushroom!
Old 09 May 2002, 06:51 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Actually, if it's an MY99 or newer than I wouldn't recommend an HKS mushroom!!!!!
Old 09 May 2002, 07:01 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well that's just confused the poor bloke hasn't it guys!!

Hi Mac

You'll be surprised, there is quite a mix of cars on here - new and old, turbo and non-turbo, as well as a lot of non-Scooby owners - we're not fussy

It is obviously a little harder to get the power gains from a normally aspirated car, but the fundamentals are the same and I would certainly look at the exhaust / air filter etc - make the engine breath a little easier. Anyone with more technical knowledge than me like to comment?

Cheers
Chris
Old 09 May 2002, 07:12 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hurrah another 1.6 owner, they're the real gem in the range
Had mine almost six months now, got it a couple of weeks after I past my test last year (I'm 18 now), and it's my pride and joy!

I haven't done any real mods to mine as yet as putting petrol in the tank is plenty for my wallet to be coping with at the moment .

On the to to list are: making it look more like a Sport with roofspoiler (5 door) and the skirts, some turbo alloys, turbo/sport front bumper, turbo brakes.
There are a few exhaust systems available that are marketed for Sports, I presume these would be ok on the 1.6 but am not sure. TSL, Magnex and Scoobysport all have their non-turbo exhausts available I believe. I expect those companies may also be able to supply uprated air filters or an induction kit.

Would be interested to hear how you get on.

Cheers,
Ben
Old 09 May 2002, 08:51 PM
Grimy Corporal
Scooby Newbie

Well guy's thanks for the suggestions. At the moment not really interested in how the car looks but more performance is needed,once thats sorted out I'll think about looks. So 1st think will be some sort of cold air induction kit then an exhaust....enough to be going on with at the mo, right off over to have a look at scoobysport web site then TSL.
Thanks again I'll let you know the out come.

Scoobyster - Had the car over a year now driven every other weekend due to being a 24hr callout service engineer with a comapny van, good job really as it seems to drink the petrol, about 30 to the gallon I reckon

Cheers Mac