ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Fitted JDM STI speedo to my UK classic

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2012, 04:49 PM
stualex
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitted JDM STI speedo to my UK classic

Had fancied doing this for a while as I preferred the larger rev counter in the middle of the STI clocks. Did a fair amount of googling and only found one other instance of someone doing it so decided to give it a bash.

I'm pleased to say all went well and everything works as it should, the LED for the immobiliser needs to be fitted but not essential at the moment. Everything was plug and play apart from needing a speedo converter soldering on.

Next step is to adjust the mileage and it seems the chip storing the mileage can be removed and replaced with the one off my original clocks, for the time being tho I've just made note of the mileage until I've tested this theory on a spare set of clocks.

If your wondering where the STI logo is I think someone has fitted after market dials as they light up blue (or whatever colour bulbs are fitted).

Old 26 July 2012, 05:05 PM
GoML-STi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your redline is also wrong watch you don't blow up your motor by constantly forgetting and bouncing the rev limited too often.
Old 26 July 2012, 05:11 PM
stualex
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoML-STi
Your redline is also wrong watch you don't blow up your motor by constantly forgetting and bouncing the rev limited too often.
Thats a very very good point, but I rarely rev the nuts off the car and when I do I'm looking at the road and just listening to the engine. Thanks for the heads up tho.