Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2012, 05:05 AM
EuanR_scooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member

Aryte guys how use all doing i have just joined as i am as of the end of august going to be shopping for classic impreza not 100 percent sure which one yet but more bordering on a 99 plate sti in either white or silver i have a budget of 1900 quid to spend from what i have seen i should get an ok one for this but please feel free to correct me if im wrong cheers guys.Euan
Old 23 July 2012, 09:44 AM
thunder8
Scooby Regular

with that budget i don,t think you will get a sti buddy,

a uk turbo 2000 and early wrx for sure.

just be carefull as 90% are running standard boost but the seller will tell you its running 280 to 350 bhp l
if they have boost gauge in bar it should read about 1 on boost,, in psi its 14.5 these are standard figures
stay away from cars that have bleed valves as this will turn the boost up past the figures i just said,and cause more problems and cost you loads to fix

i,m not 100% so people will correct on here but early ones need esl boards,99 to 2000/2001 are ecutek and there remaps are £550,then theres loads of aftermarket ecu as well

i was looking on ebay and auto trader the other day for a friend who wanted a scooby and so many people are lying about bhp figures so they can sell

i would say theres 1 good car with honest figures to every 20 out there

hope this helps

try the for sale section on here its your best bet
Old 23 July 2012, 10:51 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't want to sound rude but only having a budget of £1900 suggests you don't have a right lot of cash to throw at Impreza ownership (i could be wrong) - are you fully aware of the running costs?
Old 23 July 2012, 10:51 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

............and welcome
Old 23 July 2012, 04:47 PM
EuanR_scooby
Scooby Newbie

Firstly thanks for the welcome guys and yes i have done my research and realise how expensize running a subaru will be im a 3rd year college trained mechanic that never quiet made it so that helps with the servicing which i plan to do every 4k as they say u should do it every 5k and iv spoke to a few owners who have said that there getting about 18mpg is this figure correct ? i have also noticed this about every selling them saying 260bhp+ arent wrx,s 215bhp standard ? I dont want to spend much more than that but if it is sensible to then i can and most probably will cheers guys Euan