Sponsored by:

BMW M1 - Stolen in three minutes

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2012, 08:35 AM
AWG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW M1 - Stolen in three minutes

This popped up on MSN when I logged in this morning...

Worrying times, police said they usd the OBD and software on a laptop to reprogram a blank key.

Can't have anything nice these days
Old 17 July 2012, 08:38 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Look in Other Marques, it already been covered extensively in there.
Oh ands it 1M by the way.

Richard
Old 17 July 2012, 08:54 AM
MelTypeR
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Tell me about it Andy!!

Had my brand new Q5 taken from my driveway about 2 weeks ago!
They managed to fish through the letter box, open the understairs cupboard and take the keys off the hook....then just drive off with it!

Proper gutting!!
Old 17 July 2012, 09:07 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Shocking these idiots need to get caught
Old 17 July 2012, 09:58 AM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Shocking these idiots need to get caught
I'm not having a pop at your post but what if they did get caught? The sentence would be laughable and no deterrent at all that's why these crimes happen in the 1st place.

I did jury service a few months ago and heard criminals laughing about the sentences walking out of court every day!

Even they do the maths! Steal 10 cars and only get caught for one, and then get a slap on the wrist!

It really is a very easy career choice for today's non achiever, and is a result IMO of what not being able to punish kids properly at home and school has done to society, I feel it's just and extension of the "What are you going to do about it!" Culture!

These p**ks have never had a rod of iron keeping them on the straight and narrow, they have no respect for themselves let alone the public or the police!
My mind boggles that these scum not only have no shame in coming onto your property to steal that now they will even attack you if you try to defend it!! I'd love to see the tables turned just once and see a load of chavs steal some of their property and then give em a kicking when they try to defend it!

If they knew they would get getting a mandatory 15 years for any car theft along with another 2 additional offences meaning a life in prison, you just watch the crime rates for this kind of crime plummet.

**Don't leave valuables in your car!***

Why the **** not! I pay may taxes work hard so why should I have to change my lifestyle because of scum!

We need to toughen up in this country, turn HMP travel lodge/ David lloyds style prisons into horrible places and put huge sentences on any crime to do with theft etc or things that affect your decent taxpayer.

Our prisons are full? yeah so what! Don't like it over crowded then don't be a t**t and commit crime!

Broken Britain Strikes again!!

Last edited by specialx; 17 July 2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 17 July 2012, 10:27 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F***ers!
Old 17 July 2012, 10:51 AM
AWG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MelTypeR
Tell me about it Andy!!

They managed to fish through the letter box, open the understairs cupboard and take the keys off the hook....then just drive off with it!

Proper gutting!!
Mel mate, that is awful! Must of shook you up knowing they had done that.

I have to agree with the comment the chap made above about the length of prison sentences in this country. I'm no expert on the legal system but I also witnessed shocking results from jury service which made me angry.
We were told that a new prison may be built no more than 5 minutes up the road from us and had a questionnaire put through the door basically voting for or against the plan, I had no objection to this because all you ever hear is 'overcrowded prisons' so go ahead and build them, then star dishing out the appropriate length sentence for crimes such as car theft.

Wonder how many new ones could have been built using the Olympics funds
Old 17 July 2012, 10:55 AM
stualex
Scooby Regular

Punishment should be fit for the crime:

Steal our cars, we steal your nuts!!!
Old 17 July 2012, 10:58 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MelTypeR

Inside knowledge.
How did they know that you hang your keys in this specific closed location?
Old 17 July 2012, 11:00 AM
vash
Scooby Regular

Angry

Stuff like that makes me so angry...

That poor owner not only goes through the heart break of having something like that stolen but then gets stitched over by the insurance companies in terms of excesses and then reinsurance fees.
I feel really sorry for that owner and there was enough C**Ts there that even if he heard it happening outside, short of getting beaten up there is nothing much he could have done. Another fine example of security cameras being a great idea but funder mentally pointless!
Old 17 July 2012, 11:09 AM
AWG
Scooby Regular

If the OBD was used could the sane happen to our pride and joy? I know financially in another league but all the same plausible?
Old 17 July 2012, 11:18 AM
Bean1984
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Most of the new cars have the "slide" key mate so its easier to reprogramme. Grab one of ebay for a few quid and get the correct software. Then its pretty simple from then on. We still have the keys so there a bit harder to copy unless you can get hold of the master key
Old 17 July 2012, 11:52 AM
All Tourlk
Scooby Regular

*** jockies.....

punishment for this type of crime is waaaayyy too lenient

And many other crimes if you ask me, encourages criminals to carry out more as its barely a slap on the wrist...

police are good at creating crime reference numbers and very good at filing paperwork away sadly.
Old 17 July 2012, 12:08 PM
scooby546
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by specialx
I'm not having a pop at your post but what if they did get caught? The sentence would be laughable and no deterrent at all that's why these crimes happen in the 1st place.

I did jury service a few months ago and heard criminals laughing about the sentences walking out of court every day!

Even they do the maths! Steal 10 cars and only get caught for one, and then get a slap on the wrist!

It really is a very easy career choice for today's non achiever, and is a result IMO of what not being able to punish kids properly at home and school has done to society, I feel it's just and extension of the "What are you going to do about it!" Culture!

These p**ks have never had a rod of iron keeping them on the straight and narrow, they have no respect for themselves let alone the public or the police!
My mind boggles that these scum not only have no shame in coming onto your property to steal that now they will even attack you if you try to defend it!! I'd love to see the tables turned just once and see a load of chavs steal some of their property and then give em a kicking when they try to defend it!

If they knew they would get getting a mandatory 15 years for any car theft along with another 2 additional offences meaning a life in prison, you just watch the crime rates for this kind of crime plummet.

Why the **** not! I pay may taxes work hard so why should I have to change my lifestyle because of scum!

We need to toughen up in this country, turn HMP travel lodge/ David lloyds style prisons into horrible places and put huge sentences on any crime to do with theft etc or things that affect your decent taxpayer.

Our prisons are full? yeah so what! Don't like it over crowded then don't be a t**t and commit crime!

Totally agree with this - also would add that a lot of problems come from prisoners complaining about human rights etc. while inside and ending up with better living conditions. My view is if you are guilty and sent to prison then at least some of your human rights are removed, which would make it easier to create a more fitting environment for the scum of society.

If the prisons are full, then get the ones who are doing community service to provide labour to build the prisons to reduce the cost to the taxpayer
Old 17 July 2012, 12:13 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richs2891
Look in Other Marques, it already been covered extensively in there.
Oh ands it 1M by the way.

Richard
Indeed

This is a BMW M1, I know which I prefer though the M1 is probably even easier to nick :

Old 17 July 2012, 12:24 PM
AWG
Scooby Regular

The poor bugger kept his keys upstairs with him! Just makes you think... What other security options can you have along side what you already use!
Old 17 July 2012, 12:47 PM
MelTypeR
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by AWG
Mel mate, that is awful! Must of shook you up knowing they had done that.
It shock my wife up more Andy, as it was her car she drove daily.
Tobe honest i would have been less upset if the took my car with its tracker and blackjaxx fitted they wouldn't have got far at all.

Worst thing for her is that her work laptop was in the boot and she lost quite a bit of work from that going.

Interestingly enough her work tracked the laptop down about week later to Switerland!

As normal the Police were best to no use at all! They responded quick enough but after that they have made no attempt to review cctv along near the A10 where i live. (Enfield Council has the most CCTV cameras in all of the london boroughs apparently!)

Originally Posted by urban

Inside knowledge.
How did they know that you hang your keys in this specific closed location?
Who knows, would make sense i suppose to look there, but as a few other cars have gone missin in my area over the last month sounds like they were scouting the place for a while.

Mel
Old 17 July 2012, 12:48 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by AWG
This popped up on MSN when I logged in this morning...

Worrying times, police said they usd the OBD and software on a laptop to reprogram a blank key.

Can't have anything nice these days
Have you just come back from Mars as this has been all over t'internet for months now?! Bad times to own a Beemer imho

TX.
Old 17 July 2012, 12:48 PM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear Mel
Old 17 July 2012, 01:00 PM
MelTypeR
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by rickya
Sorry to hear Mel
Cheers Ricky,

Its gutting mate, but just glad they didnt break in and come upstairs while we were asleep, as god knows what could have happened, would have scared the life out of my son and the mother in law who is staying with us at the moment.

End of the day as much as i would happily castrate the buggers who did it, i prefer to know that its just a material thing and can be replaced.
My familys safety comes first and always will.

Insurance are now sorting out a replacement car, luckily LV have a policy for new cars less then a year old, they get replaced like for like with a new car/model.
So cant fault the way they have handled the claim, would recommend them to anyone.

Mel
Old 17 July 2012, 01:22 PM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Main thing is your all your safe & sound

ps I hate letter boxes and instead have a large metal mail box outside and a new PVC type triple lock front door with no glass & no letter box. You hear stories of arsonists pouring god dam petrol and stuff through letter boxes!!

(ps wouldn't mind if it was Shell V power though!! lololl )

Last edited by rickya; 17 July 2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 17 July 2012, 02:40 PM
a5h
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that Mel

Main thing is the family is ok.
Old 17 July 2012, 03:08 PM
rexguy
Scooby Regular

Broken Britain Strikes again!! (snipped)
Spot on. I'd add 'Lock it or lose it' to this too - the ridiculous marketing campaign that we allowed security firms to use to generate revenue, and that allowed short-cutters to have justification of their misdeeds - namely that the rightful owner of the property that they were stealing had not put in place adequete security to prevent them taking it.

Things have been around the wrong way for too long. I suppose we all have to go back to basics - dobermans that follow through, and decent firm handed parenting.
Old 17 July 2012, 05:54 PM
Matt23
Scooby Regular

Well guys not only do i work for BMW but, we ourselves in the last 2 weeks have had a limited edition M3 stolen for 1 of our underground carparks. The thing with that video i cant work out is, How did they open the drivers window to start with to get to the OBD socket.
Old 17 July 2012, 06:07 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Good old British society, I love this Country
Old 17 July 2012, 06:09 PM
Busterbulldog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AWG
The poor bugger kept his keys upstairs with him! Just makes you think... What other security options can you have along side what you already use!
http://www.fadini.co.uk/bollards.htm

This is what I fitted, Vigilo 2250 behind the gates which are hydraulic and magnetically locked. The power can be killed overnite so even if they get in the garage(alarmed),find the keys remotes etc,,its going nowhere
Old 17 July 2012, 06:58 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And breaaaaaaathe Good post and rant though, agree with everything you have said here.
Old 17 July 2012, 07:31 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Most of these crimes are by Eastern Europeans, and that's where the cars normally end up.
Old 17 July 2012, 09:36 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Most of these crimes are by Eastern Europeans, and that's where the cars normally end up.
If your permitted to say Gary, would you say Subarus are still high on theiving list, or have they now moved on, ie £30+k German cars?
Old 17 July 2012, 09:38 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Originally Posted by Matt23
Well guys not only do i work for BMW but, we ourselves in the last 2 weeks have had a limited edition M3 stolen for 1 of our underground carparks. The thing with that video i cant work out is, How did they open the drivers window to start with to get to the OBD socket.
They've worked out how to get that small triangular bit out + the alarm doesn't sense in that area either ... ffs BMW

TX.

Quick Reply: BMW M1 - Stolen in three minutes