ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

North Wales run

Search this Thread

Old 01 July 2012, 08:04 PM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking North Wales run

What a totally enjoyable, exciting experience. Mahooosssive thanks to NWCSC for my very first run today.

Rich did a fantastic job & I guess others were involved as well so credit to them. All the lads & girls down there are so friendly & a tribute to the club.

The run was brilliant from start to finish, some inspired driving, definitely left plenty rubber behind & tried to scare the pants of Tyler (10 year old) in the front seat for the last third but hey ho that lad has steel in his spine, he never flinched!!

The whole day will be hard to beat, I think we were well spoiled.

Thanks Rich for leading well & a great time. First thing I did when I got home was fully clean the car THEN after said hi to the wife!!
Old 01 July 2012, 08:13 PM
steve ex vauxhall
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Defo was a cracker of a day mate, pleasure to meet you, and you would have to go a long long way to scare that lad of mine, he used to come on the back of my fire blade when he was 7, nothing scares him
Old 01 July 2012, 08:22 PM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

I think he eats mild steel butties for lunch Steve, he was unbelievable!
Old 02 July 2012, 09:54 AM
Shaz's Pink Scubby
Scooby Newbie

Hey Guys

What a fab day, hope all the pictures are to your liking

What a turn out their was today for the north wales tunnel run, I think in total there was 18 cars, Scooby enthusiastic and lovers of tunnels out in force, consisting of NWC lead by rich and the Liverpool tunnel runners lead by Stuart.

We started the run at groupb where we all got to mingle exchange advise and take pictures, meet some new NWC members a big welcome to Gemma, Colin and Rob along with their family and partners and to tony on his first outing .

After leaving groupb we took the *** for a short stint till we arrived at our first Tunnel in Conway. The first tunnel we were all stacked in rows not getting to express the voice of the Scooby’s... But by the second tunnel in Penmaenbach we see the 3 Scooby’s come past us screaming with excitement lead by Stuart followed by stormy Norman and Gemma coming up the rear...

By the time we reach the 3rd tunnel in Pen-Y-Clip we had it sussed with all the Scooby’s screaming past us and with Steve’s exhaust throwing out a flame to light the tunnel for the followers we had bang and pops that followed.

We then travelled through the Scooby triangle where the first thing that raced us at the entrance of the triangle was a speed camera van the devil itself but that didn't stop you getting stuck into those corners that was until we got invaded by the sheep on the moors, with Holly shaking with terror as her phobia of sheep resurfaced and Dave screaming for them to keep away from his clean sparkling car! to our satisfactions and laughter they seem to just merge round his car not allowing him to go forward, and ending the nightmare , on top of the moors we re-grouped in the layby to get some more fantastic pictures of the beasts with a beautiful background to accompany the perfect display.

once we had the heavy right foot out of our system we then left the moors only to be faced with yet again another police camera van, hello Mr police man we no its the last day of the month and you have a target to hit but its Sunday!

Once we got over the frustration of the police van we then headed for the sleepy town of Denbigh, where stev and bob admired the local talent

From there we went to the small village of Caerwys drifting round the A roads, and finally separating to take our own routes home.
What a fantastic day folks and a big thank you for being on your best behaviour Im sure that the beautiful valleys of north wales will welcome you all again soon

Shaz

Last edited by Shaz's Pink Scubby; 02 July 2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02 July 2012, 10:06 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

glad you all had a great day north wales roads are awsome

btw wheres the scooby triangle?? i think you mean the evo triangle never seen a camera van down that neck of thd woods before they must have heard you coming

steve
Old 02 July 2012, 10:15 AM
Shaz's Pink Scubby
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Steve001
glad you all had a great day north wales roads are awsome

btw wheres the scooby triangle?? i think you mean the evo triangle never seen a camera van down that neck of thd woods before they must have heard you coming

steve
Its just my name for it

Last edited by Shaz's Pink Scubby; 02 July 2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02 July 2012, 10:21 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaz's Pink Scubby
Its just my name for it

what you like eh?

for a moment there i thought there was a road i did'nt know about