blob eye widetrack or not?

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2012, 08:37 PM
ditchyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default blob eye widetrack or not?

Hi,

Basically want the opinions on whether the blob eye with the widetrack is worth getting over a normal blob eye?
i like the look of the blob eye and ideally want a widetrack one as i like prefer the newer dash and the ability to change the diff around to more rear wheel drive although i am not sure if this is that usefull or not? opinions please!
Other than that i am not fussed about the wider arch extensions and from what i understand there is less choice of wheels especially 2nd hand because of the pcd.
Is PPP worth holding out for? will it aid the re-sell?
The bonus of not getting a widetrack is they are cheaper to buy but i want something that will hold its value well as i might only own for a year or two.

All opinions and advice is greatfully received.

Michael
Old 17 June 2012, 09:05 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went widetrack, as you say interior is a bit better and it does have stronger hubs with larger bearings and revised suspension, but I would rather buy on condition and how much I want to pay. I had a 03 wrx and I fitted the updated interior and it cost next to nothing as I recouped most the money when I sold my own on, so the interior is a minor detail really. The dccd I tend to leave in auto but never drove an sti without it so can't comment, although it doesnt under steer like my old wrx, but that could be down to the fact my wrx didn't have an LSD up front. Whereas my my05 jdm does.