Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on car / garage (my first scoob)

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2012, 03:24 PM
DRobins
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on car / garage (my first scoob)

Hi, hope this is in the correct section. I'm hopefully going to be buying my first Scoob in the next few weeks. I've loved them for years but only recently has insurance etc been kind enough to allow me to be in a position to have one.

I've deicded I want a Blobeye preferably 05 and with PPP. Back in 2005 I went in a friends WR1 and was totally blown away so ideally I'm looking for something with similar performance (Hence wanting ppp)

I have found this (Black 05 STI with PPP) for sale not too far from where I live and was just wondering what you guys 'in the know' think about it and, have any of you had any dealings with Autoprestige?

They also have a crystal grey blobeye with less mileage under its belt but without PPP but it is cheaper.

Link to both cars:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3979172.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3936932.htm

Is the black one worth the extra £1500, ideally I would like PPP for the extra power and feel safer knowing that the PPP won't have stressed the engine at all etc. However the Grey has lower mileage and the £1500 I save could be put toward getting the same power as PPP. but I'm worried a stardard STi might not feel 'special' enough?

Cheers for any advice
Old 13 June 2012, 03:39 PM
Turbo-tango
Scooby Newbie

Defo the black one fella she is b-e-a-utiful!!!
U only live once mate so have it all!! PPP and sti! Don't worry about the extra mileage if it's been serviced properly then it's bullet proof!.sit back n enjoy the extras! If you buy the silver one and use the 1500 to gain power your putting strain on the engine...
Have fun either way buddy! (but the black one I say!)
Old 13 June 2012, 03:42 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shame, you missed out on a white JDM twinscroll on pistonheads, but it depends on your budget, if you can stretch to it then I would say go with Vash's twinscroll JDM hawk (its in the forsale section) but it is 14k, far better than a UK car and it doesnt have the crappy 2.5ltr engine either
There is a Spec C limited for sale in the for sale section, well worth looking at I have its brother

Tony
Old 13 June 2012, 03:53 PM
billy21
Scooby Regular

I seen that white jdm in for slake section and it is smart.
Sure someone one here was saying they were going for that silver one mate. But out the 2 I like black one. Very nice clean cars though either way. You will enjoy
Old 13 June 2012, 04:21 PM
Scooby B
Scooby Regular

Black one looks over priced to me?
Old 13 June 2012, 04:35 PM
chiroman
Scooby Regular

Have you thought about a WR1? Like an STi but with Prodrive PPP and more, eg 320bhp,18" wheels, Prorive springs and bump stops, lowered, uprated exhaust, uprated fuel Pump, Stainless Steel mesh grills, black seats, special edition only 500 made. Checkout wr1oc.co.uk. Also I believe the insurance may be more for an STi with PPP than a WR1 which is an "unmodified" car.

Last edited by chiroman; 13 June 2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 13 June 2012, 04:51 PM
Jelly
Scooby Regular

The ppp is considered a factory fit so is standard.

Trending Topics

Old 13 June 2012, 05:22 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby B
Black one looks over priced to me?
Garage priced, still, i would have thought 8.5k-8.75k closer to the mark!

Its a buyers market and i would shop around. drive a few types to see what you want/like before committing.
Old 14 June 2012, 09:00 AM
DRobins
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the replies guys. Hopefully I'll be able to go and have a good look round them on Sat. At first I thought the black one was overpriced but as you say it is a buyers market at the moment.
Old 14 June 2012, 11:13 AM
amego
Scooby Regular

I'd go for the silver one and have it mapped, safer than the ppp map
Old 14 June 2012, 11:19 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Agreed - Your £1500 would be better spent on upgrades on the silver one. New turbo and remap would put it way past the black one
Old 14 June 2012, 11:30 AM
Adam-M
Scooby Regular

I'd go for the crystal grey car, much nicer colour and could make a better car with the money left over.

It will take alot to stress one of these engines.
Old 14 June 2012, 03:47 PM
KrisBuc
Scooby Regular

Yeah I'm leaning towards the silver car here too
Old 14 June 2012, 03:50 PM
DRobins
Scooby Newbie

Cheers again guys. I did think about modding the Silver one but was unsure how much it would cost to get it up Prodrive levels, I assume that a simple remap wont get it there. Would it be more like Exhaust, sports cat, Fuel pump and remap?

I've also found this one which again is a bit expensive but it looks immaculate and such low mileage!

http://www.hurstcars.co.uk/used-cars...01224475437943

Think I'll have to go and have a look round a few and then decide
Old 14 June 2012, 04:36 PM
DRobins
Scooby Newbie

Forgot to ask regarding the one above. Would the fact it has an aftermarket induction kit fitted put any of you off? I have been researching and everybody seems to say the Standard airbox is better.
Old 14 June 2012, 04:40 PM
poopipe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DRobins
Cheers again guys. I did think about modding the Silver one but was unsure how much it would cost to get it up Prodrive levels, I assume that a simple remap wont get it there. Would it be more like Exhaust, sports cat, Fuel pump and remap?

I've also found this one which again is a bit expensive but it looks immaculate and such low mileage!

http://www.hurstcars.co.uk/used-cars...01224475437943

Think I'll have to go and have a look round a few and then decide

I saw that one when I took a classic RA he had out for a test drive a month or so back (somebody beat me to it ).
It looked clean and straight based on a cursory look around - as did all the cars he had in. No reason to doubt the descriptions in the ads.

The guy himself seems straight enough - it's a bit of an affair actually meeting up with him as he sells out of a lock up rather than a "proper" dealership but I can testify to the fact that he does actually have cars and will turn up to sell you one.
Old 16 June 2012, 09:25 PM
DRobins
Scooby Newbie

Well I went to have a look at the black one today (at Hurst cars) and have left a deposit! Cannot wait to pick it up. Such a nice clean car 21k from new 2owners, ppp etc. Oh a private plate includedwwhich I might sell tbh.

The induction kit put me off a bit in the pics but the standard airbox was in the boot so I might change it over and just drop a panel filter in, is this the beat way to go? The induction kit looks like it was quite an expensive piece of kit, it hidden in the inner wing.
Also it has a Bailey dump valve fitted, which I ain't too keen on is the standard recirc valve the best way to go? Or are there aftermarket alternatives.

Cheers for any advice
Old 16 June 2012, 09:49 PM
Rbon91
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRobins
Hi, hope this is in the correct section. I'm hopefully going to be buying my first Scoob in the next few weeks. I've loved them for years but only recently has insurance etc been kind enough to allow me to be in a position to have one.

I've deicded I want a Blobeye preferably 05 and with PPP. Back in 2005 I went in a friends WR1 and was totally blown away so ideally I'm looking for something with similar performance (Hence wanting ppp)

I have found this (Black 05 STI with PPP) for sale not too far from where I live and was just wondering what you guys 'in the know' think about it and, have any of you had any dealings with Autoprestige?

They also have a crystal grey blobeye with less mileage under its belt but without PPP but it is cheaper.

Link to both cars:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3979172.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3936932.htm

Is the black one worth the extra £1500, ideally I would like PPP for the extra power and feel safer knowing that the PPP won't have stressed the engine at all etc. However the Grey has lower mileage and the £1500 I save could be put toward getting the same power as PPP. but I'm worried a stardard STi might not feel 'special' enough?

Cheers for any advice
Is that the place in Bradford? Had al look while ago at scoob there. Overpriced and just had feeling not to trust them
Old 16 June 2012, 11:14 PM
DRobins
Scooby Newbie

Yep mate them 2 are in Bradford, I didn't go there in the end though. I went to the other place.
Old 17 June 2012, 12:09 AM
zayd
Scooby Regular

Unless someones having a laugh fitting the induction system, it must be putting out more than the PPP standard 305 bhp.
Old 17 June 2012, 07:08 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice car, i'd have a look through the paperwork and try and contact the last owner to see if it was remapped, and failing that i would speak to duncan @ race dynamics or simon aka JGM just to make sure it's safe with the induction kit fitted.

Welcome on board.
Old 18 June 2012, 02:20 PM
DRobins
Scooby Newbie

Cheers I think I will try and contact the previous owner.

Just out of interest does anybody on here know the car? the reg plate is V400 WRX