Hi all,

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2012, 08:12 PM
Matt M
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi all,

Right, here we go.
I'm new to the scooby game and have come here from the MPS owners club. I've sold a fairly tuned 3 MPS (310 bhp/330ftlbs) to buy a 54 plate WRX with the PP pack and wanted to ask a couple of questions.
The car is totally standard and has just had a full rebuild using forged parts and I am currently running it in.
Even though I'm being gentle, it is clear that the power comes in a lot later than I'm used too and want to put an induction kit on it and just wondered if there were any recomendations as to what to go for and if the car would require a remap if I did fit one??
Thanks in advance for any help on the matter.
Matt.
Old 26 May 2012, 08:39 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Why do you want an induction kit? It is quite clear from the work and investigations done by many that the best induction setup for an Impreza in standard, or mild tune, is the standard airbox and a decent panel filter.

Indeed, an induction kit can have a detrimental effect on the MAF, which can lead to engine failure, and not a few induction kits have been shown actually to restrtict the engine's breathing.

If it were my car, I'd run it in CAREFULLY and then have it to a respected mapper.
Old 26 May 2012, 08:46 PM
Matt M
Scooby Newbie

Fair enough.
I assumed that an induction kit would result in quicker turbo spool up but if that's not the case I won't bother and will just adjust my driving style.
Old 26 May 2012, 08:49 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

Yeah ask a mapper first bud. If your thinking of running big power then an induction kit can be useful but if not then stick with a decent panel filter.
Old 26 May 2012, 08:58 PM
Matt M
Scooby Newbie

Cool, thanks.
Not going to do much to the car so will go for a panel.
After the mazda it's just different so will get used to it soon enough. Just enjoying going round bends 3 time quicker anyway!!!!!