Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hyper Carbon Series D-Core Twin (Slipping!!)

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2012, 09:36 PM
Boost luver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper Carbon Series D-Core Twin (Slipping!!)

Hello guys

Well i brought a second hand Hyper Carbon Series D-Core Twin clutch off a friend he has done about 1500 miles with it but has stripped the car for parts,
I fitted it to my classic sti, and when going threw the gears from 3-4th and 4-5th when it comes on boost it slips some times it is ok but when going for a lively drive it happens??

When driving normally its fine bite is nice and low (after we set the pedal) as when it was first fitted bite was straight off the floor and it was i pig get in gear!

Also we bled the hydrolic arm on top of the box new fluid still the same.

It now selects gear fine and the bite starts just as you lift up and have full bite under half way.

The carbon plates had about 3.8mm on them and no oil on any of the clutch/parts, any help/advice on where things have gone wrong or whats happening.

Regards

Last edited by Boost luver; 22 April 2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 23 April 2012, 11:42 PM
Boost luver
Scooby Regular

Any help guys? Thanks
Old 24 April 2012, 12:16 AM
Yellow R
Scooby Regular

To be honest with you mate, Me personally haven't heard of a problem like that before,What im thinking is maybe it wasn't worn in properly as every clutch has a break in mileage so if it was abused during this period you might get a problem.

Your best bet I would have though is to, Do a research on the clutch there might be some forums out there for it,see if any one else had the same problem with it etc or some one on here might be able to shed some light on it for you, All the best hope you get it sorted
Old 25 April 2012, 12:06 AM
Boost luver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Yellow R
To be honest with you mate, Me personally haven't heard of a problem like that before,What im thinking is maybe it wasn't worn in properly as every clutch has a break in mileage so if it was abused during this period you might get a problem.

Your best bet I would have though is to, Do a research on the clutch there might be some forums out there for it,see if any one else had the same problem with it etc or some one on here might be able to shed some light on it for you, All the best hope you get it sorted
Thank you for your reply mate,

It seem's to be getting better?? (has not slipped today) i have looked all over the web for info, i belive the early carbon clutchs had to be warmed up before they had any abuse as carbon bites better the hotter it is but not from cold, but these new exedy twin plate clutchs had a coating on them to get rid of that problem.
What was the bed in methord for these clutchs?
Old 25 April 2012, 12:55 AM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

should ur twin be low low there is rebuild kits, its a top clutch either way