Mapping Advice - '96 Impreza Turbo 2000

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2012, 06:28 PM
damfly27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Mapping Advice - '96 Impreza Turbo 2000

hey guys
ive got a 1996 P Reg, i bought it about a year, just before christmas the head gastket went POP so ive had the joy of stripping the engine down, right good clean, re faced heads, re seated valves, uprated gastket its all gone back together a treat and now id like to get her on the rolling road.
i know shes been mapped before, uprated turbo, new air intake, full decat, uprated fuel pump, dump valve...thing is i ave no idea where it was mapped or what map is on it...

so what im after is whats the easiest way to find out what map is on there? and can anyone recomend a top mapper? im in gloucester, so anywhere between bristol and birmingham would be ideal

thanks in advance
Damon
Old 09 April 2012, 07:05 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could you not ask previous owner who mapped it?

Open up the ecu and see if there is a daughterboard soldered to it (post a picture of what you find)

Most mappers will travel to you for a price people such as dynamix,Jolly Green Monster (these are their forum names) to name but 2

Just seen your location and Enginetuner are quite close and on a completely different note just spent a weekend down thereon holiday and **** me the petrol prices are fecking high and couldn't even see any SUL being sold.

Last edited by myblackwrx; 09 April 2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09 April 2012, 07:22 PM
damfly27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for that, im in devon the cars up in gloucester at the min, so will have to wait till i get back up there next weekend and have a look in the ECU and get a pic

i dont mind taking it to someone, its ok to drive,ive not chnaged anything since it was mapped before apart from the uprated gasket (now 1.6mm instead of the 1.0mm that was on there) and new HKS mushroom!

ha yeah fuel isnt cheap, devon isnt cheap to be honest, but nice place to be able to call home