ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Jolly green monster map tweak

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2012, 03:00 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jolly green monster map tweak

Just wanted to say thanks again to Simon, on the drive home the car felt much smoother and more responsive, was pretty nasty to drive after fitting the fmic but feels better than ever now along with the few extra horses, another happy customer, top man!
Old 04 April 2012, 03:05 PM
craigo
Scooby Regular

did you only swap the front mount before it was tweaked or other mods ?
Old 04 April 2012, 03:11 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

Just the front mount really and associated items like air filter and dump valve which I had to change, car was jerky when lifting off throttle and very laggy as expected but since Simon worked his magic it drives lovely and I gained an extra 15 bhp which I was happy with, doesn't sound alot but feels much better and pulls very well on the road.
Old 04 April 2012, 03:36 PM
type-rob
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a good result to me! What FMIC you running?
Old 04 April 2012, 03:40 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WildPikey
Just the front mount really and associated items like air filter and dump valve which I had to change, car was jerky when lifting off throttle and very laggy as expected but since Simon worked his magic it drives lovely and I gained an extra 15 bhp which I was happy with, doesn't sound alot but feels much better and pulls very well on the road.
£1500+ for 15bhp was it worth it?
Old 04 April 2012, 03:42 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

It's an autobahn kit, read mixed reviews about them but came up on here cheap so snapped it up and glad I did, seems to do the job well, didn't really need it at the moment to be honest but couldn't miss out at the price I bought it for and I'm impatient so had to be fitted, happy with the result though.
Old 04 April 2012, 03:43 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers
£1500+ for 15bhp was it worth it?
Lol not sure where you buy your bits or who maps your car but good luck! I will happily supply anyone with my parts and pay for a map tweak for them for 1500! It's not really about the 15bhp, its about the way it drives and and feels and the fact I know it's running as it should be, the extra horses are a bonus and just for bragging rights between friends imho.

Last edited by WildPikey; 04 April 2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04 April 2012, 03:44 PM
type-rob
Scooby Regular

Good effort, they look the bollocks do Fm's, top of my list of next mods I recon.. glad you got it running sweet, there is more to a remap than just power!
Old 04 April 2012, 03:58 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WildPikey
Lol not sure where you buy your bits or who maps your car but good luck! I will happily supply anyone with my parts and pay for a map tweak for them for 1500! It's not really about the 15bhp, its about the way it drives and and feels and the fact I know it's running as it should be, the extra horses are a bonus and just for bragging rights between friends imho.

Well as long as your happy
Old 04 April 2012, 04:16 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers
Well as long as your happy
Definitely happy, 180 to have map tweaked inc vat, small price to pay imo to make sure my engines happy and running correctly, I have a v3 sti which I had full decat system fitted to begin with, then had to buy an ecu to have mapped as esl wasn't available at the time and uprated my fuel pump which is a pretty standardised thing to do in this case, the cost of all these parts including mapping was in the region of 1300-1500 if I remember correctly and gained me about 45 bhp which I also thought was a good result and the difference to drive was night and day, people just seem to think they can fit an exhaust and filter on a classic and they have gained 100 bhp, sarcasm aside your comment about 1500 for 15bhp isn't far off real life figures with a pretty standard car like mine, plus the fact that most modifications you carry out to the engine actually do more harm than good and probably reduce power until they are compensated with a remap or tweak.
Old 04 April 2012, 06:48 PM
sonic93
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

im using a autobahn kit at 380 no probs but not as good as hdi kits . it is def about the drivability of the car simons top guy even before i spent penny with him
Old 04 April 2012, 08:18 PM
dog 1
Scooby Newbie

bought 04 sti 4 weeks ago,its got hks induction kit,full de-kat jap speed and road re-map,suppose to be 330 bhp,not sure but does go really well,how much more could i safely get or should i get it mapped again for torque increase.thanks dog 1,new member