ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

no fuel

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2012, 11:41 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lisa_z
Just had preferential treatment at tesco petrol station in mold because I was in my scooby . No waiting in the massive queue for me :-) n filled her up with tesco finest :-) no bother
A bloke was speaking to people and directing them to pumps that had stuff in and most were all in a big queue for unleded afew in derv . And soon as I said I needed momentum he directed me to a clear pump all to myself no waiting whoop whoop :-)
I went to the garage in Pontblydden that I think you use, but they didn`t even have any BP Ultimate pumps

Oh, looking at your avatar it`s the jetwash that you use

Last edited by ScoobySteve69; 29 March 2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 29 March 2012, 11:47 PM
carl heath
Scooby Regular

Im empty nearly too.

Everyone does just think of themselves tho really dont they ? No one says oh i will go without fuel and let everyone else get theirs first,you just think **** im gonna need fuel better get some quick,dont you ?
Old 29 March 2012, 11:52 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chopperman
This out of touch government will view this panic buying as not only can we afford to fill our tanks, we can also afford to fill several jerry cans at the same time.
What needed to happen was ,no panic buy and when the tanker drivers do strike we let the country grind to a halt. That would have sent the right message to the government.
But no, this country is populated by greed and selfishness and for that we will all be punished. Expect many more fuel price rises in the near future !
Well said.
Old 30 March 2012, 12:37 AM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

just paid £149.9 and 16 mile round trip for regular 95 unleaded for my daily runner

had to go onto m6 services to get this as no petrol anywhere near me whatsoever

******* joke
Old 30 March 2012, 01:42 AM
chrishigham
Scooby Regular

Just finished work, and filled up at tesco's no problem, there was a few womanin the pj's lol
Old 30 March 2012, 08:15 AM
lisa_z
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69
I went to the garage in Pontblydden that I think you use, but they didn`t even have any BP Ultimate pumps

Oh, looking at your avatar it`s the jetwash that you use
Eww dont use there fule lol. Jetwash is fab im there usually once a week cleaning my car they sell total impreza inside and there wine and alcohol is cheeper than tesco's :-) . Fuel I use is only v power or tesco's finest as shes PPP'd and dont want her to go bang so 99ron only for her :-) . If I get fuel at Pontyblydden its for the camper or lawnmower lol.
Did you manage to find any ? Speak nicely to the bloke in tesco mold :-) he saving the finest stuff so you dont have to queue .:-)

At tesco there was so much sand on the floor from people spiling fuel filling up jerry cans :-( cant they just fill there cars up normaly . (same amount as normal) I do normally fill mine anyway if I dont I wont get far and il be at a petrol station again lol. I wonder how bad its going to get? And at what point we are all really going to have to stock up. (not panic buying ) like lots are doing and causing this issue.

Last edited by lisa_z; 30 March 2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 30 March 2012, 08:28 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

people need to stop being such thickos and wake up. 7 days notices of intention to strike has to be given, and most folks will go through a tank in a week so will need to fill up again.

i need to fill up tonight cos im low and off to doncaster for the evening, i bet i struggle to find any petrol (in bm so 95 is fine), coonts stop being so thick and buying it.
Old 30 March 2012, 08:42 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

exactly, the clown in the big house simply wants to throw attention away from all the "parties" and shoite they have been throwing...........

at the end of the day IF there is no fuel no-one goes to wrok, no-one buys anything BUT we dont die or disappear so wahst the big deal??
Old 30 March 2012, 09:04 AM
petethemeat
Scooby Regular

what these mongs dont realise is that all this panic buying is spiking the demand and therefore pushing prcies higher.

They are also lining the pockets of the government and oil companies in readiness for the potential strikes - exactly the opposite of what the strike was hoping to achieve.
Old 30 March 2012, 09:14 AM
steve ex vauxhall
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
people need to stop being such thickos and wake up. 7 days notices of intention to strike has to be given, and most folks will go through a tank in a week so will need to fill up again.

i need to fill up tonight cos im low and off to doncaster for the evening, i bet i struggle to find any petrol (in bm so 95 is fine), coonts stop being so thick and buying it.
Originally Posted by stockcar
exactly, the clown in the big house simply wants to throw attention away from all the "parties" and shoite they have been throwing...........

at the end of the day IF there is no fuel no-one goes to wrok, no-one buys anything BUT we dont die or disappear so wahst the big deal??
Originally Posted by petethemeat
what these mongs dont realise is that all this panic buying is spiking the demand and therefore pushing prcies higher.

They are also lining the pockets of the government and oil companies in readiness for the potential strikes - exactly the opposite of what the strike was hoping to achieve.

All exactly correct,
It's total bollocks,
They will give 7 days notice ( not done yet) and even then it is only the Tanker drivers, not the tankers and not the refineries.

I'm signed on to a couple of agencies for work in my spare time, and they have already rang me twice to see if i'm available for weekend working.

So let them go on strike, there will be plenty of agency driver's to carry on with the deliveries, and even the thick arsed govenment have been getting all the army lads through their ADR exams so they too can carry fuel.

The only shortage is caused by fecking muppets panic buying, there is really no need.

This country used to be the greatest country on the face of the planet, now it's just a **** hole full of idiots and foreigners, if world war 3 started tomorrow, we'd all be screwed.

It will be the water next!
Old 30 March 2012, 09:22 AM
Ste-V
Scooby Regular

Just passed a total garage in Blackpool by a set of traffic lights.. Fecking mayhem.. Whole lot is just blocked solid with all the stupid thick ******* blocking the road.. Poor truck driver sat in the middle of it all, tacho ticking away.. These ****s should be ashamed of themselves!
Old 30 March 2012, 10:18 AM
scoobysean84
Scooby Regular

Almost all petrol stations anywhere near me are out. Only 1 I've seen open is esso but my car is a jdm sti and has been mapped to v power so if I put in their super unleaded 97 I think will it cause my car problems if I just drive it off boost or am I going to have to ride to work from now on?
Old 30 March 2012, 10:38 AM
PREZAMI
Scooby Regular

I'm out of fuel and no V Power here either
Old 30 March 2012, 10:38 AM
Road Warrior
Scooby Regular

Not really much sign of panic buying round here, but the local Esso down the street stuck the price up 3p a litre last night sneaky *******
Old 30 March 2012, 10:58 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Did anyone hear Chris Evans this morning? He spent most of the show telling people not to panic buy, then just slipped in that he'd filled 3 cars up last night because he thought it'd all be gone lol.

I was listening to five live the other day and they were reporting on the panic buying, they were getting accused of causing a panic themselves. They were interviewing people at the pumps, the reporter asked a bloke "why are you queuing up?" he replied "well, I didn't really need fuel but I saw the queues and thought I better get some"

I have to fill up every other day for work!

Edited to add..

Just heard on the radio.. Some woman has suffered severe burns after pouring petrol into containers in her kitchen.. With the oven on!! WTF is up with people!

Last edited by jameswrx; 30 March 2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 30 March 2012, 11:04 AM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

This out of touch government will view this panic buying as not only can we afford to fill our tanks, we can also afford to fill several jerry cans at the same time.
What needed to happen was ,no panic buy and when the tanker drivers do strike we let the country grind to a halt. That would have sent the right message to the government.
But no, this country is populated by greed and selfishness and for that we will all be punished. Expect many more fuel price rises in the near future !
Well stated. Selfish, greedy humans.........the same people who say they are ''civilised''
Old 30 March 2012, 11:44 AM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Shell at Pontefract had cones on the forecort stopping access last night at 9.30 (I presume they had sold out), the local BP garages were fine though.
Old 30 March 2012, 12:19 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

The Tanker drivers union have just announced they will NOT strike over the Easter period to give more time to enable talks.
Old 30 March 2012, 12:30 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

The Tanker drivers union have just announced they will NOT strike over the Easter period to give more time to enable talks.

lol, so all this panic buying is a total waste of time, folks will have to fill up again anyway lol
Old 30 March 2012, 12:35 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

lol, so all this panic buying is a total waste of time, folks will have to fill up again anyway lol
yup and hopefully those who didn't panic will be rewarded next week as petrol stations lower the price due to excessive stocks now half the nation have there very own fuel dumps
We will see who the morons are net week when you see your neighbours filling their cars with jerry cans.
Old 30 March 2012, 12:39 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

yup and hopefully those who didn't panic will be rewarded next week as petrol stations lower the price due to excessive stocks now half the nation have there very own fuel dumps
We will see who the morons are net week when you see your neighbours filling their cars with jerry cans.

lol, prices havn't changed much here even with demand, or at least not the main places, 136.9 just now which is about going rate.

although just heard been a major accident on the A52, surprise surprise at the shell station between debry and the m1, sounds nasty with car under a lorry, hope those panic buying are porud of themselves
Old 30 March 2012, 01:15 PM
scoobysean84
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobysean84
Almost all petrol stations anywhere near me are out. Only 1 I've seen open is esso but my car is a jdm sti and has been mapped to v power so if I put in their super unleaded 97 I think will it cause my car problems if I just drive it off boost or am I going to have to ride to work from now on?
Any1? Just going to need some on the way home and don't want to fill up with something that may cause problems. Any help much appreciated :-)
Old 30 March 2012, 01:28 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Any1? Just going to need some on the way home and don't want to fill up with something that may cause problems. Any help much appreciated :-)

worst case drive it under 3k and off boost, do NOT put it on boost untill you got decent fuelin again. Have to let the tank go way way down (if you can do a few laps of roads near a shell petrol station to let it go till light on even better) and completely filled it back with vpower to get the octain back up. If you wanna make doubly sure let that tankfull get as low as possible again and then fill it back up again with good stuff. Not ideal but will at least get you around in emergency's, important thing is do not drive it hard or put it on boost untill you have got the old stuff out of the system.

personaly i carry a bottle of octain booster with me just in case

although id riding to work is an option instead even better
Old 30 March 2012, 01:42 PM
scoobysean84
Scooby Regular

worst case drive it under 3k and off boost, do NOT put it on boost untill you got decent fuelin again. Have to let the tank go way way down (if you can do a few laps of roads near a shell petrol station to let it go till light on even better) and completely filled it back with vpower to get the octain back up. If you wanna make doubly sure let that tankfull get as low as possible again and then fill it back up again with good stuff. Not ideal but will at least get you around in emergency's, important thing is do not drive it hard or put it on boost untill you have got the old stuff out of the system.

personaly i carry a bottle of octain booster with me just in case

although id riding to work is an option instead even better
Ok thanks mate would ride but its about 10 miles away keep me fit I suppose! Hopefully they will get some more v power in soon I've heard that theres not even going to be a strike so all of this panic buying has been for nothing
Old 30 March 2012, 01:51 PM
mbayley77
Scooby Regular

Right...anyone work or been on the M4 today? Is there fuel available in the services?

Thanks to all the non working mums and grannies emptying tescos of all fuel today and me having half a tank I'm wandering just how well I'm going to fair on my 350 mile trip to Dover??? As scene as a tank only gets me 165 miles or so its going to need at least two fill ups.

Im leaving early in the morning so I know asking here won't necessarily be live info ill at least get a feel for the situation.
Old 30 March 2012, 02:06 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Ok thanks mate would ride but its about 10 miles away keep me fit I suppose! Hopefully they will get some more v power in soon I've heard that theres not even going to be a strike so all of this panic buying has been for nothing
If I have 95 in the tank I usually let it run down to as empty as I dare, put a tenner of v-power in and let that run down as well. Then I fill up with v-power again to a full tank - that should clear most of the 95 out (if my maths are correct, you'd have much less than 1litre of 95 in the tank by the time you fill up with the second "full" tank of v-power).
Old 30 March 2012, 02:06 PM
Inter
Scooby Newbie

Putting in low RON fuel even if you're driving off-boost is increasing risk.

If you have no other choice, then put in a small amount and next time you fuel up, fill it to the top with V-power.

I'll reiterate though, even a small amount, off boost is increasing risk - consider using octane booster if you're going to go down that route and adopt the 'better safe than sorry approach'.

(IMO)
Old 30 March 2012, 02:26 PM
scoobysean84
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Inter
Putting in low RON fuel even if you're driving off-boost is increasing risk.

If you have no other choice, then put in a small amount and next time you fuel up, fill it to the top with V-power.

I'll reiterate though, even a small amount, off boost is increasing risk - consider using octane booster if you're going to go down that route and adopt the 'better safe than sorry approach'.

(IMO)
Ok will get some octane booster then anyone recommend a good 1 or do they all more or less do the same thing?
Old 30 March 2012, 03:06 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lisa_z
Eww dont use there fule lol. Jetwash is fab im there usually once a week cleaning my car they sell total impreza inside and there wine and alcohol is cheeper than tesco's :-) . Fuel I use is only v power or tesco's finest as shes PPP'd and dont want her to go bang so 99ron only for her :-) . If I get fuel at Pontyblydden its for the camper or lawnmower lol.
Did you manage to find any ? Speak nicely to the bloke in tesco mold :-) he saving the finest stuff so you dont have to queue .:-)

At tesco there was so much sand on the floor from people spiling fuel filling up jerry cans :-( cant they just fill there cars up normaly . (same amount as normal) I do normally fill mine anyway if I dont I wont get far and il be at a petrol station again lol. I wonder how bad its going to get? And at what point we are all really going to have to stock up. (not panic buying ) like lots are doing and causing this issue.
I believe Tesco in Wrexham ran out too. I wasn`t far from Mold the other day but didn`t know what garages they have At the moment I have enough fuel for one short journey to fill up...whenever (Shell garage on Mold Road Wrexham is expecting V Power tonight or tomorrow sometime...shhhhhhh). I even had to get a lift to work last night and the same tonight
Old 30 March 2012, 06:14 PM
steve ex vauxhall
Scooby Regular

It gets even better!
The 6 o clock news just said that the tanker drivers can now work longer hours before taking a break!
So,
they threaten a strike,
the public go ****in nuts and buy all the fuel,
The government make a **** load of cash (petrol sales up 172%)
Then the original tw@ who were going to strike can now get some overtime on-top of their 35k plus salary, and work longer than any other driver before they take a break

Only in Great Britain

Stop the planet, i really want to get off

Quick Reply: no fuel