Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

About to part ex my WRX - would you like it instead?

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2000, 07:08 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Hi All

I've finally done it! I've ordered the Lotus.

This means I will have to part with the best car I have ever owned. The garage are only offering me £8500 for it in part ex.

I would much rather an enthusiast got a bargain rather than the dealer earning a few extra quid, so if anyone wants it for the above price and can come to Northampton and buy it before Wednesday next week, it's your's.

Spec:-

WRX, Silver, Gold Wheels.
73,000 miles
Brand New Tyres (Not very good ones though!)
Lovely KONI adjustable shocks and susp set-up
Rolling Road Confirmed 283BHP

Background:-

I will be completely honest about the car as I have nothing to gain or lose by selling it or p/xing it:-

I have done about 1000 miles at MIRA in it completely sideways. Never done any damage (except maybe a wheel bearing once - but that was replaced straight away with brand new one), only 2 spins, never hit anything. Always kept the rev to medium levels (ask anyonw who has driven with me there, I never kaned it). But never the less, these miles were harder than normal road miles.

I have had no real trouble with the car, except for gear box bearing which were replaced (£1500).

Slight Steering Fluid leak (which I think is sorted now. It was apparantly a hose which had perrished or something.)

It has always had a tendency to crunch into reverse at times.. not sure why, doesn't bother me anymore and only happens every now and then. But recently I've noticed it crunch into 4th when down changing.. this may be something which RGS will sort out FOC due to recent gear box work garantee?

Quite a deep scratch on the left front wing. A bit of surface rust near the fuel filler. Also a bit of strange very slight discolouration near filler and on front right wing (not really noticable, but have noticed it myself) looks like where petrol may have been spilled on it or something? may come out with T-Cut.. haven't tried.

Slight wear on drivers seat. Can't tell by looking but can feel it if you grope around!

Alpine CD player which I will be taking out, anybody interested?

Induction Kit (best noises I've heard on any car!)

All in all it's been a fabulous car, and the only one I've ever been truly satisfied with. I've had it for 25K miles. I was doing 1000 miles a week in it up until about a month ago and it didn't miss a beat.

I know the above sounds bad, but if you were buying a car from someone who really wanted or needed to sell it the above text would be very different.

I would just feel happier if someone from the bbs got a bargain of a deal than to give it to the garage for that price.

Cheers

Simon

PS. Sorry to post here. I thought, due to the nature of the reason for sale and how quick someone would need to respond, nobody would mind?
Old 14 January 2000, 09:55 PM
Penni Whitehead
Scooby Regular

Simon
Dumb question really - if it's the best car you've ever owned why are you getting rid of it?
Old 14 January 2000, 10:12 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

I haven't owned a Lotus yet!!
Old 15 January 2000, 12:22 AM
Area 52 Autosport
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham with 620BHP & 530lb/ft @1.5bar boost on road fuel.
I think you'll fond Simon is going the Esprit S4S route, although I could be wrong.

Ben
Only ever been wrong once and that's when i thought I was
Old 15 January 2000, 10:33 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Talking

If you have any regrets - feel free to post them, we will welcome you back like the prodigal son....

....because we know you will be back
Old 15 January 2000, 11:01 AM
DAZ
Scooby Regular

Cool

so there will be a lotus advertised on the bbs soon (part exchange for any scooby PLEASE)

ONLY JOKING hope your happy with your lotus which one is it your having.

i had a test drive in an elise 2 years ago

lot of fun to drive (sunday afternoon car)

for those with lots of money

i think youll be buying another scooby :-)

p1 or v5 or v6 even new imprezza

keep posting on the bbs

cheers

daz
Old 15 January 2000, 01:32 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Talking

Simon is getting an S4S esprit.

I should be meeting him at MIRA tomorrow as we are both giving it some on the wet handling track.

cheers
john
Old 15 January 2000, 05:28 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Hi All

Thanks for the kind words!

Ranoch
I know you are right.. I will certainly be back. I just fancy an Esprit for a year. Will probably be itching to get back in the Scoob after a month, but hey... like any addiction you gotta try to kick it!

Daz
Thanks mate! I would be honoured to keep posting to the bbs, the most difficult thing about handing over the Scoob is the fact that I won't be a TRUE part of this bbs anymore. I will really miss that. But I will definately keep posting (if that's OK) and probably join Mike Rainbird in telling you all what Girl's Cars you drive!! (I might even start beleiving it myself!!! Although I doubt it.. (The last 2 sentences are not allowed to be brought up and used in evidence against my future cockyness!!)

Ben and John
Dead Right. I am going for the Esprit S4S in Azure Blue. I'm really looking forward to it and it's first trip to MIRA (God help me!).

John
Look forward to meeting you tomorrow.. I will probably be there from lunch time onwards only.. not sure at this point.

Cheers All

And thanks for dramatically increasing the pleasure of owning my Scoob!!

Simon de Sideways!
Old 17 January 2000, 12:51 AM
rupertu
Scooby Regular

Wink

I hope you're not thinking of doing 1000 miles a week in the Lotus Simon - it'll be dead in a month!