Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I powder coated few things today...

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2012, 09:03 PM
dean_1991
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I powder coated few things today...

Hiya there.

I bought my first subaru, Just before christmas with the bottom end gone/knocking.. I bought it cheap and my plan was to fix it my self, and sell it and make some profit as im a mechanic...

But its been sat on my Drive for a while now lol and Ive decided to keep it and now its my slow project...

The car is a 1995 wrx ( import ) 2ltr turbo...

I will be making a Thread soon and putting it in the Project section, Just need to buy few more items...so keep an Eye out.. ive changed alot so far and i cant stop...lol

Any way, Ive took the engine out and stipped it down and got my hands on another good block.. so im changing the block and its neally rebuilt.. all done by my self.. although i have learned everything i know about scoobys from this site so thankyou so much to you all !!!

I took my inlet and pulleys to work today and i powdercoated them what do you think ??

Before

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...oobyengine.jpg

After

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...letpainted.jpg

I went for blue as my Forge dump valve is blue and also i bought a fmic which is chrome/blue... I was thinking red but red is common on the sti inlet's... I also sprayed my pulleys blue although there are 2 missing from this picture, And i sprayed the belt tensioner White... Im taking the AC off so i didnt spray that pulley... I will get better pictures up when i De-mask it and get it home, but you get a rough idea....

The car when i bought it...

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...coobybkend.jpg

Ive bought some sti rear lights and Arches all round.. still looking for bigger backbox...

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...obyfrntend.jpg

The front is been changed alot i bought a facelift front end..
front drivers side mini scoop
crystal lights..
fog covers
roof scoop

and so on..

like to here all your comments/ Advice and i will keep you Updated

Many Thanks

Dean
Old 22 March 2012, 09:18 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

The inlet is the same colour as mine

Have you got any pics of the present? but good luck with it mate loads of descent people on here to help with your project
Old 22 March 2012, 09:31 PM
MarkC
Scooby Regular

They look great, good luck with your project
Old 22 March 2012, 09:49 PM
Shaks-STI
Scooby Regular

I like it mate. Carry on with your project stick it on project section and keep as posted and remember to take loads of pictures and keep us posted. Good luck
Old 22 March 2012, 10:06 PM
dean_1991
Scooby Regular

Default Powder Coating..

Yes i have loads of present pictures, What im doing step by step i will make a Thread very soon and stick it in the Project section... Just havent had the time at the moment to sit down...

with work, women and baby and then building Engine'S in the back garden lol...

Madness going on here, Its like a scrap yard... subaru engine's, corsa engines's, car parts ects wheels, bikes you name it...

Then 2 cars on Drive im fixing...

1995 wrx turbo
52 plate 1.2 corsa

i have changed the whole front end on the subaru, its all diffrent colours now but will look very good when i spray it...

ATM ... green bonnet, green wings, blue grill, blue bumper, and rest is still black... car is going all black for now...
Old 22 March 2012, 10:15 PM
dean_1991
Scooby Regular

Default inlets

Originally Posted by leecalcars
The inlet is the same colour as mine

Have you got any pics of the present? but good luck with it mate loads of descent people on here to help with your project
Cheers mate, yer i have been getting alot of good advice on the way to go ect... have you got a picture you can upload of you engine bay would like to see the finish with your blue inlet cheers
Old 22 March 2012, 10:31 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

I`m nearly done after my own project almost exactly as you are doing.

Like what you`ve done so far bar the facelift front end, I MUCH prefer the early front ends on the early cars, as they are getting rare now, and there wasn`t that many of them in the first place. As they became really popular after the facelift, as the prefacelift had done the hard work and taken Colin McRae to his one and only World Rally Championship.

Looking good so far otherwise though.

Trending Topics

Old 22 March 2012, 11:13 PM
dean_1991
Scooby Regular

Default pre-facelift

Originally Posted by Jimbob
I`m nearly done after my own project almost exactly as you are doing.

Like what you`ve done so far bar the facelift front end, I MUCH prefer the early front ends on the early cars, as they are getting rare now, and there wasn`t that many of them in the first place. As they became really popular after the facelift, as the prefacelift had done the hard work and taken Colin McRae to his one and only World Rally Championship.

Looking good so far otherwise though.
Cheers mate, yer i prefere... pre-facelift just not keen on the grill i still have the same looking bumper just with a splitter on the bottom i prefer that look.. but im keeping all original parts... i will get some pictures up soon