ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2002, 12:25 PM
Dr Pepper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

This morning I dropped my girlfriend off at work, then in to town to pay some bills, left the car for 5 mins, when returned and it wouldnt start!!!!!!!!

After a while it did start but it wouldn't rev at all, just sat there chuggin away at 500 rpm!! The only thing I noticed was that you couldn't here the fuel pump at all, normally when you go to start the engine you here it priming up.

so has my fuel pump died??? any help greatly appreaciated!! Please. (beer tokens awarded for any help)
car is a my95wrx

P.S. If the mods could leave it general section for a while, so I could get some replies thanks D.P.
Old 02 May 2002, 12:27 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call the aa out if you are a member for a fast answer!

Check to see if you are getting 12v across the fuel pump connector... in boot / under back seat..

Alarm / immobiliser problem?

David
Old 02 May 2002, 12:32 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Also possible that it's gone into 'cold start' mode when the engine is still warm, and it's dumping too much fuel in. This has happened to me on occasion (though never for more than a few seconds).
Old 02 May 2002, 12:40 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
Have a quick look to ensure the hose hasn't come off of the turbo.

It happened to me once, wouldn't start for a while then when it did it would cut out everytime I tried to rev it. Slipped the hose back on and off I went.
Old 02 May 2002, 12:42 PM
zilch
Scooby Regular

I had a similar problem but the heap would start once and then cut out, found out through process of elimination (new cam sensor, airflow sensor etc) it was the actual ignition key which has a chip sync'd with the fuel pump, and it had basically got out of sync. That was on a standard 98 uk model and not a wrx.

Could be totally off-track but thought it might help

cheers

Jim
Old 02 May 2002, 12:50 PM
Dr Pepper
Scooby Regular

Thank for the replies. I've got Tescos breakdown cover with my Insurance (apparently same as Green flag) So it's already been looked at, But they weren't much use at all Quote "that's the trouble with these new cars... it's all electronics... nothin we can do"

Then they wanted £149.50 to toe my to Leicester,(G.G.R)cause my level of cover for a toe is only 10 miles!!!!!!!!!! aragh!!!!!!

Still thanks again, I'll keep you informed of any devolopments