Sponsored by:

back on the road...FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2012, 08:02 AM
goujon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back on the road...FINALLY!!!

just before christmas the gearbox on my impreza turbo uk went think it was damaged 1st gear so i managed to get a replacement gearbox about a month ago and a cheap clutch kit from ebay (big mistake) so got my mechanic mate to do the gearbox and put in new clutch while doing it then he phoned me and said gearbox is in but bad news the clutch was faulty so i had to tow my car away and wait 2 weeks to do the job again so he ordered a proper clutch kit and did the job again on saturday for me and now finally im back on the road all sorted thank god and the cheap faulty clutch from ebay is going back for a refund and ill try and claim for the labour cost from the first job which i think is fair as was their fault *lesson dont buy cheap parts from ebay* causes all kinds of problems but the main things is im able to drive my car again...
Old 20 February 2012, 08:58 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Buying parts off eBay - Yes your right to use caution, but also a lot of the main Performance Subaru sellers use eBay as an outlet too, so you cant just say dont use eBay. I could name half a dozen companies of which trade on eBay whom are also traders or active members on Scoobynet.

You generally kind of pay for what you get unless it a genuine offer, if you paid low money for say an exedy clutch kit then it might have been a copy...

I have used a company in the past from Blackpool called just-clutches whom only trade on eBay and I know of two Subaru Garages in that area that use and recommend them. I bought a clutch from them (organic exedy 5 speed) which slipped to my horror, turned out it wasnt rated to the power I was running so it wasnt their fault yet they halped me out going forward

Getting your cash back shouldnt be a problem, asking for a refund might be.

Rob
Old 20 February 2012, 09:07 AM
goujon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i didnt mean dont use ebay at all and i dont think i said that i mean dont but cheap parts from ebay or anywhere in fact as it ends up costing more or causing problems the company i bought was transmesh and the mechanic said it was cheap rubbish the release bearing wouldnt lock to the clutch plate i know that companies only sell on ebay or good companies use it basically im just happy my car is fixed and im back on the road after waiting so long and the situation i went through the company said they will refund the clutch kit once they have it back which they will send a courier for which is good then they said send a copy of the invoice which they will send to the manufacturer to try and get the costs for me just have to wait and see but im happy anyway as can drive it again...