Sponsored by:

I had a dream

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2012, 09:16 PM
mattthecat
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I had a dream

Been researching a lot of threads on here for the past wee while. Reason being I had a dream I wanted to build a wide body type r with 600 bhp for very fast road and track day use just to upset the evo domination at my local racing circuit knockhill. Unfortunately I think it will have to remain a dream after reading so many builds that seem to end in engine failure at this level. You guys seem happy to shell out 15k plus on an engine and turbo build for it not to even last a year. I priced what I wanted to do and it was gonna come to over 25k now might not be everyones taste but I could buy a Porsche GT3 for an extra 5k which I hope would last more than a year and I wouldn't have to break it up for parts at the end just to get most of my money back! Now don't all go crazy calling me names I like scoobies a lot I just couldn't spend all that money knowing it wasn't going to last very long and yes I do know an impreza classic with 600 bhp would spank any Porsche going, but you have to consider how fun you will have looking at your 25k plus scooby on the back of an RAC wagon every other weekend. Happy to be corrected if there are builds on here with big power longevity like I say this was my dream and I would still prefer to to see it through but not to see it turn into a nightmare. Look forward to any constructive replies rather than just abuse cheers.
Old 17 February 2012, 01:57 PM
scooby546
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry can't add much to this one, but personally I've been to Knockhill a couple of times and would love to see a 600bhp classic on that track, especially on the climb up to the start / finish - good luck