Sponsored by:

Lift Off

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2001, 01:35 PM
Lewegie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I've read much about the lift off and oversteer topic on here and experianced this yesterday on a fast corner in dry conditions. I was very impressed that the scoob didn't let go big time but drifted constantly around the corner until i had the bottle to apply a bit of power required to sort things out. This goes to prove that the scoobs will slide and you have to remember that there are limits to what they can do. Must book a track day as you lot seem to always rave about them and how useful they are for learning the limits of the cars without endangering any other road users.
Old 09 April 2001, 02:16 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

You would be better off trying to find a course like Don Palmer's "The wetter the better" day... this should allow you to spend more time learning useful stuff and less time trying to keep up with the joneses.

Unfortunately, I think Don's course may have been discontinued by now.
Old 09 April 2001, 02:30 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by MorayMackenzie:
<B>Unfortunately, I think Don's course may have been discontinued by now.[/quote]

It has been discontinued.......

Don, have you got a replacement in mind??? There must be a growing queue for it whatever it is...

Matt
Old 09 April 2001, 04:00 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Lewegie:
<B>I've read much about the lift off and oversteer topic on here and experianced this yesterday on a fast corner in dry conditions. I was very impressed that the scoob didn't let go big time but drifted constantly around the corner until i had the bottle to apply a bit of power required to sort things out. This goes to prove that the scoobs will slide and you have to remember that there are limits to what they can do. Must book a track day as you lot seem to always rave about them and how useful they are for learning the limits of the cars without endangering any other road users.[/quote]

Just wait until you experience lift off oversteer on the road in the wet though.......