Sponsored by:

What is it about Citroen Saxo's ?

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2001, 09:22 PM
DocSavage
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Just lately, wherever I go in the Scoob, I always end up with a Saxo (lowered,loud and slow) either right up behind me or wanting a traffic light grand prix ?.
Have they got something to prove or do they want to see how fast a Scoob really is ?.
When this first started, I always left them for dead, but it's starting to get on my mammaries !.
Is anyone else suffering the same problem ?.
Old 06 April 2001, 10:27 PM
mat-e-boy
Scooby Regular

Red face

Have had my ******* twitched by t0ssers in Vauxhalls. Mainly sad second owners of the fantastic marque I think!
Please take note if you are one of these:-
1. Get a life!
2. Get a non cr@p motor1
3. Put an engine in it and don't rely on just the pedal power!
4. 4 through 9999999 everthing else!!
Had enough of any vauxhalls in particular Nova drivers trying to park their trolley in my exhast.
Feel better now, gonna be a good day tommorow!
All the best
Matthew
Old 07 April 2001, 12:35 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

Well i'm a snob and proud of it
Old 07 April 2001, 12:45 AM
Pbone
Scooby Regular

99% of the time it's usually the puffa jacketed,reverse baseball cap wearing person and not the car. You cannot have a traffic light grand prix without drivers.If the persons who decide to put dustbin sized exhausts think they gain the extra 100bhp, does this mean we are all driving 300-350bhp scoobies.
Old 07 April 2001, 01:32 AM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Smile

Generally cannot be bothered with Traffic Light Gran Prix. I let the muppets go. Unless I'm in a bad mood.

Must admit I've not had many try it on.

P.
Old 07 April 2001, 01:55 AM
vmax
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

mat-e-boy,

Carefull Geezer !,

Some of these cars are v-quick, In a straight line anyway. I used to own a Astra GSI. ( I now own a scooby... put the pistol down and backup.... Cheers )

Anyway I thought it would be a laugh to put a tuned 250bhp Calibra engine it. Courtney Turbos in Norwich did the work for me. While i was in the workshop they were detuning a 250bhp Nova to 200bhp because they were getting will spin in 5th gear.

My Astra was clucking quick ...once I mastered how to put the power down. Only I needed a parachute when it came to corners.

Be carefull... Not all tired novas and astra's are what they seem.

Check out some of the engine conversions that these guys do.
Old 07 April 2001, 02:47 AM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Talking

Didn`t u guyz know they all believe in the BHP fairy

Pete

Trending Topics

Old 07 April 2001, 09:09 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

My next door neighbour's got one. hmmm. Luckily, when I came home with my Scoob, his jaw was one the floor, eyes out on stalks...

Dosen't stop him from :-
1. Driving like a tw@t (on and off a family inhabited road!!!! )
2. Trying it on at the roundabout (bye bye!!! )
3. Turning up his poxy ICE system. I turn mine up but coz it's properly sealed, you don't hear it outside the car - as it should be!!!
4. Giving my wife grief when she drives the Scoob - I WILL be having a chat with him about that.......

Having said that, it's not a BAD car, but as my mate said to a Saxo owner at the Sunday football, "Nice motor. My WIFE drives one too."

He's got an M3.

Dan

[This message has been edited by ScoobyDoo555 (edited 07 April 2001).]
Old 07 April 2001, 09:24 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

I find the "our other car is also an Impreza - my wife's also got a MY00, full SS exhaust, STI5 wing, P1 wheels" normally shuts the tw@ts up too hehehe
Old 07 April 2001, 09:56 AM
W9GTR
Scooby Regular

Honestly children!
Anyone would think that you lot nver had an adolescence(or is it you're all too god damn old to remember that far back ).
The kind of mass snobery exuded from this thread does nothing to bolster my confidence that I have done the right thing by finally joining the ranks of ever swelling imprezites. The Saxo is a great little car which represents superb value for money and is what most of you would probably have been driving if you were a young driver today. The Saxo is very much the 205 gti of today, although it appears hot hatches are beneath you all these days. But just think that somewhere right at this very moment there is a Porsche or Ferrari bulletin board probably lamenting the existance of low life japanese tinpot saloon (read impreza/evo/skyline) driving tw*ts that are always up their chaffs trying to prove a point on a boringly regular basis basis. Sobering really isn't it when the cap fits.
Take a chill pill,wave them through and enjoy your car while you can, god knows our time is limited.
Steve
Old 07 April 2001, 10:19 AM
DocSavage
Scooby Regular

Smile

W9GTR,
You are probably right. We've all got short memories. It was only last weekend that I trying to provoke a 'foot to the floor' response from a guy in a Testarossa
Old 07 April 2001, 10:21 AM
paulmon
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by W9GTR:
<B>Honestly children!
Anyone would think that you lot nver had an adolescence(or is it you're all too god damn old to remember that far back ).
The kind of mass snobery exuded from this thread does nothing to bolster my confidence that I have done the right thing by finally joining the ranks of ever swelling imprezites. The Saxo is a great little car which represents superb value for money and is what most of you would probably have been driving if you were a young driver today. The Saxo is very much the 205 gti of today, although it appears hot hatches are beneath you all these days. But just think that somewhere right at this very moment there is a Porsche or Ferrari bulletin board probably lamenting the existance of low life japanese tinpot saloon (read impreza/evo/skyline) driving tw*ts that are always up their chaffs trying to prove a point on a boringly regular basis basis. Sobering really isn't it when the cap fits.
Take a chill pill,wave them through and enjoy your car while you can, god knows our time is limited.
Steve[/quote]

Right on Steve.

Both my wife and I have had a Saxo, both of us kept them for 2 years after the free insurance ran out and both of us walked away with 65% no claims after 2 years. This probably the main attraction for young drivers who are aspiring to something better.

Regards
Paul
Old 07 April 2001, 11:04 AM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Angry

I agree that Saxos are nice cars, especially the VTS, but they seem to attract the wrong sort of driver IMHO. I've lost count of the number of times some idiot has been driving six inches off my rear through built up areas only to **** themselves when I have to brake for lights etc. And as for those with bonnet scoops and Max Power stickers........
Old 07 April 2001, 11:49 AM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Wink

W9GTR,

Good point, but I think most of us on here are very technically aware of the cars capabilities, I know I would't try it on with a lambo or ferrari. Maybe an older porsche though!!!

Had a Range Rover try it on last night so it really can be anyone who "wants to play"

MB.

Old 07 April 2001, 12:36 PM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Dont get me started on Nova's and Saxo's. Turn the goddamn fog lights off!!

I used to think they just wanted to see what you would do but, they try it at the next set of lights and the next set...

As someone said on here before, do they think an extra 140 bhp is going to appear from nowhere!

Nuff said
Old 07 April 2001, 04:13 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

I don't think anybody is cussing the car - just the stereotypicl t****r that tends to drive them (badly). When I had my 209 1.9GTi, I knew what it was and was not capable of and wouldn't race superior stuff when I had the opportunity (oh yeah - I'd like to think I didn't drive like the stereotypical 205 GTi driver too... ).

BTW - I'm thinking of getting a Saxo VTR/VTS for my girlfriend.....

Matt.
Old 07 April 2001, 04:41 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Matt, your girlie will luv it! Get the vts, the vtr is real mutton dressed up as lamb. 106GTI loads better as a car. I used to have the saxo boy racer thing when I had my mildy monstrous modded 106GTI, left them 4 dead. They still try it on with my scooby too.
Old 07 April 2001, 05:06 PM
SUPERCAR-KILLER
Scooby Regular

I dont even rise to the occasion,not around built up areas,a push bike could catch you between lights.
Ill be out early tommorow morning about 5.30am on my local country roads, and all those little saxo tweenies will be tucked up in bed after nursing thier hangovers.
No offense to normal vtr owners its a great car in the right hands.
SK
Old 07 April 2001, 05:10 PM
W9GTR
Scooby Regular

Cool

Isn't 106gti/VTS pretty much the same car in disguise? I don't know for sure but I have heard they are based on the same chassis.
Anyway nice to know that there are some others out there who try to see past the percieved image of a car gained by puffa jacket waring juviniles who can barely see over the wheel
But then arn't all scooby drivers the same ie.IT geeks who would like a real car but can't afford one now that the government has put paid to people starting limited companies up to avoid paying great chunks of national insurance
Only joking lads before you crusify me
Steve
Old 07 April 2001, 05:33 PM
IanF
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh dear, what a bunch of stuck up people Scooby drivers are.

1. You moan about reps who tailgate you and tell them to get a life and a decent car
2. You moan about Saxo drivers who try to race you.
3. You diss anything with an RS or Cosworth badge on it.
4. You take the p1ss out off the Nova boys who mod their cars.

Of course I have never seen a Subaru driver tailgate and drive badly, nor have I have ever seen one try to race another car. Hasn't the Cosworth got a stronger and more tunable engine? Oh yeah, those huge HKS exhaust, 18" gold wheels, large rear spoilers, and hissing dump valves, well it's a Subaru and there's no problem with us modifying our cars, but we'll laugh at anyone with a Nova that does.

Subaru Impreza: Nice Car, no argument.
There are probably Ferrari owners out there who regard it as a Japanese tin can.

Regards
IanF

Old 07 April 2001, 07:20 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Again, just to drill home the point. The general vibe of this topic ISN'T dissing the Saxo - just the stereotypical tw@ts racing them against any and everything......

Some people seem to have missed the point - an all too frequent occurance on this BBS.....

Dan
Old 07 April 2001, 07:21 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

LOL

Thread, drive on over to Muppettown, you'll like it there....
Old 07 April 2001, 07:25 PM
MrData
Scooby Regular

Wink

The good thing about Milton Keynes - No Traffic Lights.

You simply get some little turd tailgating you, you drop a cog, blast off and leave them for dead. Good thing is, it only happens once, as it don't take a lot to become a dot on the horizon to them.

I don't think they are daft enough to try racing though, they just want a demo of what your can can do.

[This message has been edited by MrData (edited 07 April 2001).]
Old 07 April 2001, 11:43 PM
GP
Scooby Regular

so are we in agreement the car does not make the person then ?? shock horror!

I'll keep me clapped out astra for another 12 years then
Old 08 April 2001, 08:04 AM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Red face

As some others have pointed out, Impreza drivers have the same image as Saxo drivers in some quarters. Posted from another BBS. The post has been edited a little as in original format is was offensive.

This is a simple reference on how a WRX owner drives to brighton on sunday
nights.

firstly your WRX must be a 98 model onwards so people can see the updated front bar. If you are really you will replace the fog lights with sti light covers.

when u go to brighton it must be between 8 pm and 10 pm on a sunday night as this is when all the sick cars come out of their hives.

Your car must be lowered at least 2 inches, have 17 inch wheels as a minimum and some form of loud noise must be emitted from your car whether it's the 4 subwoofers in your boot, or your 3.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust, either way people will not turn to look at your sik car unless it sounds loud.

If possible, organise with your cousin and his friend from school to drive behind you in their own cars, and remember you must be the leader of the pack in your WRX.

Behind you should be a rotary of some sort then a lancer or a gti. And remember yours must be the loudest.

Your number plate should be the black and yellow NSW plates. then if you see a car coming opposite you that looks sicker than yours remember you must NOT turn your head, only move your eyes so as to not satisfy the other drivers ego, only when he has driven past u can you then take a quick look at his car and resume driving.

Remember you must attempt to get stuck in peak hour traffic on bay st, this is usually around 9.30 pm. the crowd that will look at your lowered, turbo, 3pac enamel, window tinted, colour coded skirts, auction job car with awe and amazement and wonder where you got the money to buy such a car.

Usually they will think that you are a drug dealer or you and your cousin are panel beaters and go to mindare auctions every wednesday and scoop up all the cars. people will think it's a show car then
some one will recognize it and say they see it at bankstown square every saturday morning.

After you have paraded for a good 10 mins on bay st, turn on to grand parade. remember try to get caught at the lights, and when u do turn the music off. this will give the huge crowd crossing a chance to hear your
beautifully refined engine and hear the rumble of the exhaust, and they will
definitely think you are sick because you are original and music off, they will think you are getting ready to thrash your auction job car.

NOTE: make sure that you drive at night so people cant see the dodgy paint job you and your cousin did after you bought the car from the auctions. as you turn on to grand parade red line your car and let go and
make sure people hear the whoosh of the turbo, now as everyone has heard your turbo you can then drive easily with the knowledge that your ego is satisfied.

Don't try to drag because your car already has 3 of your cousins and 2 of your friends in it and you would lose if you did try to
drag.

Remember a WRX owner always performs at least 3 laps around brighton and must be seen within a pack of other done up cars.

Approximately once a month you can park your car and get out to get something to eat, usually kebabs at Banksia to do happy laps.

If you see MR-WRX you must attempt to stay as close to him as possible, this way people will think you are his friend. and remember
because you drive a WRX your mobile phone should be a minimum of a nokia 8210 or ericson t28s, and you must have a custom ring tone usually you would have downloaded it from yourmobile.com. and you should receive at least 3 sms messages from your other "friends" so your friends in your car think your really special. usually though it's your mum and she wants to
know where you are, and when you're bringing her car back..

Old 08 April 2001, 08:53 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

LOL

Sounds like the perfect night out!!

I wish I lived nearer to Brighton......seeing as our village has only a pub, a bus shelter, telephone box and a horse trough, my neighbours on one side are deaf (must be the 2 x SS decat exhausts) and only a field of cows on the other side, I really see no point in getting out more.....
Old 08 April 2001, 09:41 AM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Some topics seem to have a regular schedule

Not taking any sides (problem with stereotypes is you get so many exceptions ...), just a little story.

Tootling around on the highway the Impreza, car with 5 youngsters in it coming from behind. Bit of tailgating, honking, flashing, you know the drill. Heavy gesturing. I first decide to stare wisely into the distance, and ignore the world around me. But they continue...

So, I take off my slippers, put down my pipe, and roar into the distance, thinking words like "tw*ts" and what have you. Blood pressure rising, ulcer playing up.

Slow down a bit further because I value my drivers licence.

See them coming again and think "oh no"... Then they go past me ... with big smiles & thumbs up... they just wanted to see how it went/sounded. Me feeling very ashamed & the need to lighten up a bit.

This happened twice to me now. Sort of an "old fart alert" if you will.

Let's not forget that there are a lot of youngsters out there who love their cars to bits, and appreciate other cars as well.

Old 08 April 2001, 12:09 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

When I had my Cav GSI, I used to love having an occasional pop at something more powerful. It would be a laugh if I beat them. And got a kick out of being beaten by some car that was much faster.

A Y reg Diablo drove past me as I stood waiting outside Barclays in London. Absolutley gaging for him to boot it.

If I was in the Scoob, I may have tried it on just to hear that glorious V12. (BRB)......... Can never find enough tissues when you need them!

It's not always the people in the slower car that tries to race. I had just passed my test at 17 and had a 1.1 MK2 Escort. Sitting at the lights when an RS 1600 MK2 pulls along side. He looks across with his mate and starts revving the engine. Chuckling to myself I rev the nuts of mine knowing he will beat me. The lights change, he stalls, I pootle on my way. Laugh? I cried with laughter.

If this all makes no sense, then my defense is I'm tired.

P.
Old 08 April 2001, 01:35 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Cool

Steve, or any one else who is curious have a look at this...
Old 08 April 2001, 06:10 PM
GranTurismo
Scooby Regular

Check out my NovaBoy Page, dedicated to the MaxTypes.

Quick Reply: What is it about Citroen Saxo's ?