back in the seat

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2012, 09:48 PM
danny-goddard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back in the seat

hi all its been a while,
after selling my classic and buying a audi i very quickly realised what a massive mistake id made so after only a couple of months i had the audi up for sale and bought my self a v7 sti prodrive
ive only had it a month or so and im well happy to be back behind the wheel, dont get me wrong it does pull well and it feels a much easyer car to drive on a day to day basis but i gotto tell ya,,,,i need more!!! if it is the claimed 300hp then i cant wait to get it on a dyno, it just doesnt put the power down like my classic, it seems to choose when it wants to play, one day its mental the next it feels flat, its showing 50k with full service history, its got a pannel filter with 3" buddy club exhaust with the prodrive cats still in place, i only use v-power, so if anybody could offer any advice id be well happy,
Old 06 January 2012, 10:14 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep newages are circa 200kilos heavier n feel slower than lower powered classics. I know as I did the same as you a couple of years ago. The claimed 300 is usually wrong, normally a PPP'd car makes 280-290ish. Anyway get it checked out as a faulty MAF could be holding it back if its sometimes ok and sometimes flat as you say. Or as I did get it remapped to 330+bhp n similar torques, then it will feel much better. 6th in a standard PPP'd car is really flat after a remap its more of a power gear.

Last edited by bioforger; 06 January 2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07 January 2012, 01:00 AM
danny-goddard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bioforger
Yep newages are circa 200kilos heavier n feel slower than lower powered classics. I know as I did the same as you a couple of years ago. The claimed 300 is usually wrong, normally a PPP'd car makes 280-290ish. Anyway get it checked out as a faulty MAF could be holding it back if its sometimes ok and sometimes flat as you say. Or as I did get it remapped to 330+bhp n similar torques, then it will feel much better. 6th in a standard PPP'd car is really flat after a remap its more of a power gear.
Thanks for the reply, yeah remap is on the cards, Duncan from dynamics is offering them at a good price, think il give him a ring, thanks again