Sponsored by:

8 Months of no claims down the pan CHEERS FLUX

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2011, 04:43 PM
SLAB
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 8 Months of no claims down the pan CHEERS FLUX

Had a bad deal with Adrian Flux because I have changed my car ive lost 8 month no claims (TOSSERS) No mention of it being a special 4 wheel drive insurance when they took my money.
they wanted £1500 of me for a 1.1 fiat punto lol i was insured with them for a Subaru forester sf5 turbo for £510 lolol cant get me head around them robbing *******. had my licence 5 years clean and age 47 going on 27
Rung them back the same day for a quote for a m8s daughter same car same reg, age 19 had her licence 9 months no no claims, £1200 quid.

Last edited by SLAB; 29 December 2011 at 04:25 AM.
Old 28 December 2011, 05:01 PM
chopperman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been reading a few neg posts on FLUX lately.
Old 28 December 2011, 05:06 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Ive been with Adrian Flux. Never again. ******* robbing cvnts.
Old 28 December 2011, 05:09 PM
jamesclark
Scooby Regular

very bad company
Old 28 December 2011, 05:14 PM
RAVENLEON
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

they wanted £4k for an 04 wrx ffs!!!, got it insured for £499 in the end!!
Old 28 December 2011, 05:26 PM
kad 16v
Scooby Regular

i laughed at them when they quoted me 3.5k for a turbo 2000 so i sold it and went jdm hawk with A-plan for a lot lot cheaper.

i take it that this 4x4 policy thingy was mentioned in the paper work? if not then i would be back on the phone
Old 28 December 2011, 05:35 PM
max1342
Scooby Regular

alot of insurance companies are a joke right now .

tried swift cover earlier today I am 26 with 6 years ncd and it stated i was too young, so i tried to do a quote for my dad who is over 45 and it stated it would not qoute him either saying he is to young

got in contact and they said they no longer insure impreza turbo 2000s

I was getting good quotes from aviva but then all of a sudden they wont qoute me online anymore tried my wife ect and it still quotes they wont even quote me on a ford ka i must be black listed for doing to many online qoutes?

now ive found swinton and a company swinton have joined with low and behold aviva and they called it insurance line and they have quoted me sensible prices so so far im getting good quotes from

aviva (but now they wont quote me)
swinton
and insurance line ran by swinton and aviva

tried all the rest and they are outragous

when I have sold my current car I am hoping to ring keith micheals , a-plan , sky , greenlight

I am hoping keith micheals will come back and beat all of them but wont ring up till ive sold my car as dont want to waste anyones time.

Last edited by max1342; 28 December 2011 at 05:36 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 28 December 2011, 05:36 PM
SLAB
Scooby Regular

Didn't check for that just made sure i was covered but a lesson learnt, Will have a look later if i still have the policy not sure if i wiped my *** on it lolol
Old 28 December 2011, 05:39 PM
max1342
Scooby Regular

oh and a side note I totally agree flux sucks was with them once about 4-5 years ago cancelled a policy and they still took the renewal out of my account and they told me I had to pay a cancallation fee on that to get it back of 25% even tho my origonal policy had been cancelled never again
Old 28 December 2011, 07:16 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The Turbo 2000 is now the chav's car of choice. Is there any wonder most companies don't want to know?
Old 28 December 2011, 07:58 PM
classicscoob1
Scooby Regular

was told by someone very high in motor insurance.....EVERYONE READ

all insurance companys will give you a very good quote if your a new customer
NEVER EVER stay with them after the first year......it will always go high on renewal as most people dont or cant be bothered to change to another company

i have had full licence 20 yrs and im on number my 17th insurance company i changed when i was told the above....and always had very good quotes

one year the AA was the best...next year they was the 3rd worst.....they year later was 2 nd cheapest

another way to bring down the cost is to put wife/gf etc on poilcy it is cheaper than just yourself
Old 28 December 2011, 08:01 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by classicscoob1

NEVER EVER stay with them after the first year......it will always go high on renewal as most people dont or cant be bothered to change to another company

i have had full licence 20 yrs and im on number my 17th insurance company i changed when i was told the above....and always had very good quotes

one year the AA was the best...next year they was the 3rd worst.....they year later was 2 nd cheapest

another way to bring down the cost is to put wife/gf etc on poilcy it is cheaper than just yourself
Totally incorrect
Old 28 December 2011, 08:18 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

lol,, i got a horrific renewal from swinton on my van policy which was about £340 dearer with no change to my circumstances ect, i rang them to be offered cash back/free breakdown(already got)/free this and free that ect, in the end they matched last years premium with half an hour of badgering, dont they make you laugh
Old 28 December 2011, 09:38 PM
classicscoob1
Scooby Regular

sorry but im not incorrect......every year i have changed the compnay i have my insurance with and its always Much less than the renewal

i put my wife on the policy and it was £70 per year less than to insure just myself and she only had 1 been driving 1 year
Old 28 December 2011, 09:46 PM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

i use post office for me and the mrs.ehan i moved recently they doubled my policy from £287 fully comp to £600,they stated that my new address was a crime statistic hot spot.when i checked there had been 3 crimes reported in past 12 months so rang them up and they were telling me i lived in a completely different part of plymouth...this froma cardiff call centre.i was told i didnt know what area i was living in even though i am born and bred here.will not be staying with them next year as they wanted the same amount to cancel as to stay with them for rest of policy...
Old 28 December 2011, 10:17 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I change my house insurance every year or get my insurer to match the other price quoted

Subaru insurance is harder for my Subaru as not many will touch it
Gary is your man I've been insured with him for 5 years and has been around the £300 every year no increases
Nobody can touch gary on prices for me

Maybe I have a high post count ,good risk and I get through on the phone every time without fuss
Old 28 December 2011, 10:46 PM
SLAB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lordharding
I change my house insurance every year or get my insurer to match the other price quoted

Subaru insurance is harder for my Subaru as not many will touch it
Gary is your man I've been insured with him for 5 years and has been around the £300 every year no increases
Nobody can touch gary on prices for me

Maybe I have a high post count ,good risk and I get through on the phone every time without fuss
Its the 1 years no claims i need he cant do anything for me. that was my plan with flux a year with them but they have fookerd me over
I WILL HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH AGAIN THANKS TO ADRAIN FLUCKED
Old 28 December 2011, 10:48 PM
simonraper
Scooby Regular

I phoned up today too - see how much it would be to upgrade from my current 2.0 sport hawkeye (currently paying £700) to an RB320 .... Came back saying only 1 insurer would touch me looking at 8k I thought ermmmm maybe not then ... however comparethemeerkat.com and admiral turned back quoting me £1374.

Just shows really.
Old 28 December 2011, 10:53 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

sorry but im not incorrect......every year i have changed the compnay i have my insurance with and its always Much less than the renewal

i put my wife on the policy and it was £70 per year less than to insure just myself and she only had 1 been driving 1 year
Just because that worked for you doesn't mean it'll work for everyone.

87% of my customers renew with me, and i know most look around, so don't tar all companies with the same brush.
Old 28 December 2011, 10:58 PM
SLAB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX

87% of my customers renew with me, and i know most look around, so don't tar all companies with the same brush.
I would renew with you if you could give me a good starting price on a 2000 sti bugeye model
Old 28 December 2011, 11:13 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

The past 2 years on the scooby my insurance company has come in slightly higher than what it would be than if i was too start a new policy with them (i always do a mock quote online with made up names) however every year i just ring them up with the quote reference number of the mock quote and they have always matched the price straight away
Old 29 December 2011, 12:47 AM
nizmo80
Scooby Regular

my last insurance was with adrian flux and i have got to say they are a bunch of jokers
give keith micheals or aplan a call they are much better.
also the trouble i had getting my ncb from flux was a nightmare and when i got it
other insurance companys would not accept it but i sorted it out in the end.lol
Old 29 December 2011, 03:24 AM
Benji554
Scooby Regular

Sorry to buck the trend but I can't fault flux. Been with them for years. At renewal I always ring around and they beat anyone else that's quoted. I'm paying under 400 a year
for a 360bhp classic all mods declared!
Old 29 December 2011, 04:16 AM
SLAB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Benji554
Sorry to buck the trend but I can't fault flux. Been with them for years. At renewal I always ring around and they beat anyone else that's quoted. I'm paying under 400 a year
for a 360bhp classic all mods declared!
Want to ring for me, and get me a quote. lolol
Old 29 December 2011, 05:00 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Totally incorrect
Agreed!
I have been with KM for 4 years, my quotes haven't gone up (other than due to an accident) as they look around for the best policy/deal each time and haven't let me down. Even shopping around at renewal time just to check they where considerably cheaper with better cover.

Last edited by The Zohan; 29 December 2011 at 05:01 AM.
Old 29 December 2011, 08:31 AM
lisa_z
Scooby Regular

I used to be with flux with the gtir and one year it doubled no change to driver reccord or the car infact i had another years ncb . I went with a plan after no pros since even when swapped from gtir to scoob mid policy no probs . At end of policy I tried km for a quote but they never got back to me so I have kept with aplan for another year as gave me compettative quote.
Old 29 December 2011, 09:29 AM
Kartingsteve
Scooby Regular

I have been with Moley for 5 or 6 years now and he has always given me a good price.
Old 29 December 2011, 09:38 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

To be fair Gary, your company is probably the 'only' one that doesn't jack the price up come renewal time. Plus your prices always seem to be among the cheapest around.

Every other company I have dealt with has done the opposite, every time without fail.
Old 29 December 2011, 11:28 AM
lovinmescoob
Scooby Regular

Guys try Keith Micheals but you need to talk to Gary Moley always beaten any other quotes I've had and this year didn't even waste my time ringing round.

Gary quoted me £550 , last year it was £520 !
Aviva wanted £873
Asda wanted £1200
Old 29 December 2011, 11:42 AM
chet123
Scooby Regular

Adrian Flux are pointless, they market themselves as being very competitive when it comes to insuring performance cars. Just like the comment above I'm beginning to see more and more negative reviews about them, then again I don't think they were on par with some other insurance companies from the start.

For reference I recently went with Gary at KM for the first time who gave me a top dollar price.

Quick Reply: 8 Months of no claims down the pan CHEERS FLUX