Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Revamped our site

Old 12 January 2000, 03:58 PM
Robin2
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

We have upgraded our web site. If you want to take a look at and give your coments about it would be appreciated.

Here's our web address:
Old 13 January 2000, 05:29 AM
Robin2
Scooby Newbie

Thanks to the people who took a look at our site and sent me some comments about it (via email at robin@ottawasubaru.com).

I just checked with our web provider and we had over 3500 hits in one day. Very nice! This triples our best one day ever since we've started our site.

Once again thanks.

By the way, I would take a spare EJ20 if someone wants to donate one to me. I wouldn't complain that much about the 218hp. Here in Canada, we only have a 165hp (EJ25 non-turbo). Oh well, I still love the car.

Robin E.
National Capital Subaru Club
Old 13 January 2000, 06:32 PM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Robin,

Nice site.

Our Satelite TV company ( Sky / SKy Digital ) has a series of Sports channels on which we get coverage on the North American Rally Series via a Program called World MotorSport.

I do like watching the battles between the Sprongl's and The McGreers , although the last report I saw was that some American chap ( sorry can't remember the name ) turned up in a Mistubishi EVO 5 and gave the Sprongl's a bit of a kicking.

There was plenty of other Scoobs though ( pity about the McGreer's losing their gear box ).

Can't remember the Rally's name but the commentators said it was applying to be part of the FIA WRC. I remember the competitors took a ferry to an Island but that's it.

Keep up the good work

Old 13 January 2000, 08:34 PM
AlexM
Scooby Regular

Excellent links page too.

Alex
Old 13 January 2000, 11:54 PM
Robin2
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Neil.

Sprongel, McGeer's that's the Subaru Canada Rally Championship. Obviously sponsored by Subaru Canada. The field is getting stronger every year (not WRC level obviously).

Mcgeer runs with 96WRX saloon. He's pushing around 350hp out of his impreza. My club co-founder helps out on his racing team.

Overall, there's lots of Subaru's on the canadian rally circuit (Impreza's, Legacy's and even some Justy's).

The season is starting pretty soon. If you look at our club events page and scroll down you hit the link for each 2000 rally.

The Evo...that was Buffum...very good driver...he normally races for Hyaundai...He's been racing for many years.

True...lots of talk of FIA looking at the Charlevoix rally. We talked to our contacts at Rally sport canada and they said the officials from FIA loved the Charlevoix Rally because no stages were alike and difficult but security was a problem.

I attend most rallies and this one they had over 40 000 spectators (including beer). It was rowdy. A normal canadian rally draw less than 5000 people. You could see the problems but they were lucky since nothing happened.

If you watching the Canadian rally, we have 2 upcoming rallie. They are Jan 28-30 and February 12-13. So keep an eye out for them soon (normally around 2 weeks after the event).

Later

Robin
Old 14 January 2000, 01:07 PM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Cool

Robin

Thanks for that info. Your site is now on my favorites.

1. Buffum - Thats the chap. Did enjoy the footage comparing the Sprongl's with Buffum, they filmed various angles , in car and exterior showing them at the same elapsed time , the Sprongl's had it over the straights but Buffum did 'em in the bendy bits to dead heat the stage. Excellent viewing.

2. Charlevoix - That's the rally - Loved it especially the road sections. Have seen previous reports on this Rally and there were an awful lot of prangs - Brilliant TV.

I'll be back on your site soon.

Cheers
Old 14 January 2000, 01:37 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

I love watching the Sprongl/McGeer battles as well but tend to miss more than i see

I have updated the links page on the SIDC page to include your Page and also the SubeDirectory.
Old 14 January 2000, 08:34 PM
Robin2
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Ian, I appreciate that.

Tom McGeer is pretty good driver. He will be our instructor for our Winter Driving School (coming in March). Our other instructor is Sylvain Vincent from also the Canadian Rally. Keep an eye on him. He'll give a good run to Tom McGeer and the Sprongel brothers. 2 Wrx versus Audi. Should be fun...

Neil...

I liked the footage too. I have that clip of Buffum vs Sprongel on my work computer. We would like to put a camera in Tom's or Sylvain's car for the upcoming races or at least a couple of stages and then have it on our site.

We'll see...If you need more info., you can reach me at my home email at robin@ottawasubaru.com

Later.

Robin
National Capital Subaru Club