Sponsored by:

Cost of STI!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2011, 10:55 PM
VinceW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cost of STI!!!

Just been looking on the USA web site. Impreza STI starts at approx 34K Dollars, equates to approx £22K. Perhaps if they were simularly priced over here they may sell more???? Still don't see the logic in raising the price from £27K last year to £32K this year and expecting to sell more cars???
Old 09 December 2011, 11:11 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

I know exactly what your saying. We get whacked with too much tax this and too much tax that. It then makes the total price in the UK a lot hgher.

Its a shame really because in a few years time there will hardly be any new imprezas.
Old 09 December 2011, 11:33 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are similarly priced at $34k ........it's a little bit of an odd comparison as they don't cost the Americans £22k as they don't earn there money in ££££. Plus they manufacture the cars themselfs in the states.

Last edited by juggers; 11 December 2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10 December 2011, 09:36 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by VinceW
Just been looking on the USA web site. Impreza STI starts at approx 34K Dollars, equates to approx £22K. Perhaps if they were simularly priced over here they may sell more???? Still don't see the logic in raising the price from £27K last year to £32K this year and expecting to sell more cars???

EU/UK cars are imported from Japan, so they have a unit price in japan per car, with the high value of the Yen v pound/euro the price goes up per unit, thus you see a high increase in the cost of the vehicles.
And as Immy has stated, they produce their own vehicles in the states (though they had a fair ammount of issues when they first started with quality etc).

Tony
Old 10 December 2011, 10:33 AM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

I didn't realise they made them in the USA too.
What's the going rate for an EU one then, made in the same factory in Japan but sold somewhere else in Europe?
Old 10 December 2011, 02:21 PM
VinceW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flaps
I didn't realise they made them in the USA too.
What's the going rate for an EU one then, made in the same factory in Japan but sold somewhere else in Europe?
Check out the different countries web sites, the prices will be on them .fr .de etc
Old 10 December 2011, 02:26 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Then you just have to pay the import duty on them which brings them to around the same price you would pay for a UK version with a warranty
Old 10 December 2011, 02:55 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

If I ever have kids I want them to be able to buy them because they sell them in this country at a reasonable price.

I was talking to a mate the other day and I have to admit when the bug, blob, hawk etc were newly released you did see a few in Birmingham but with the new saloon I can't say I have seen many.