Sponsored by:

why did you buy your impreza

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2011, 02:36 PM
playtime
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why did you buy your impreza

was it for the blistering performance for the money or was it a case of you can say i own one and clean it all the time. just how far would you go with it
Old 27 October 2011, 02:50 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Bought ours cos the Mrs always wanted one!

I was looking at a new 350z at the time. Took our scoob out for a test drive at the local main stealers and loved it! Love it even more now, especially since its 'upgrades'. Wouldnt swap it for anything.

Definitely bought it to drive it and enjoy it. Is my every day driver!
Old 27 October 2011, 02:54 PM
syko89
Scooby Regular

I wanted one since i was about 8 years old, so took the plunge :P

No regrets at all!
Old 27 October 2011, 02:56 PM
PaulJC
Scooby Regular

Sold my Cosworth about 6 years ago and regretted not having a turbo car since...

This will slowly get modified as and when funds allow...
Old 27 October 2011, 02:58 PM
justin_watson
Scooby Regular

Because I was born in the 80's so in my early teens I watched Subaru dominate in the WRC and dreamed of owning one! Now at 27 I own my childhood dream car!
Old 27 October 2011, 03:02 PM
Mr moff
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I part exchanged my Evo for an e46 BMW and regretted it straight away.
The driving assists drove me nuts and I was missing having a turbo so I went back to the garage about 6 weeks later and the type r was just coming off the wagon.I fell in love straight away so part exchanged the BM for it.

Danny.
Old 27 October 2011, 03:12 PM
Hawk aye the noo
Scooby Regular

I traded in my xkr for it after not being able to get it out the drive for 2 months last winter and wanted something 4 wheel drive and fun at the same time. Made the right decision!! Loving it!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 27 October 2011, 03:15 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bought mine after I broke my ankle an hour after I sold my cossie to buy a GSXR! I was bored and needed a project while I couldn't walk so I shelved the bike plans and bought a scoob and that led to my current scoob
Old 27 October 2011, 03:15 PM
playtime
Scooby Regular

it,s crazy how everyone that drives one of these cars is totally hooked afterwards and regrets getting rid of the car and goes after another even if money wont allow it.
Old 27 October 2011, 03:18 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

love/hate relationship lol

i just wanted the fastest and most powerful car i could get/build. and ive had fun along the way.

i think i love the fact ive got an old car and it beats just about anything on the road, that could cost many many times more money
Old 27 October 2011, 03:32 PM
P1 LTD
Scooby Regular

It was a toss up between a BMW 328sports or the subaru P1! Took them both for test drive the rest is history 6 years later still got the P1 it is an all round performance car looks great! Flat four tunes! Sorted
Old 27 October 2011, 03:32 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

It was this or a Focus!

Old 27 October 2011, 03:35 PM
MalcB
Scooby Regular

Bought my Wagon as a cheap high mileage run around after 6 years of Mitsi Galant VR4's. Only intended to keep it for 6 months and .............. after 2 1/2 years, 2.1 Stroker transplant, Eibachs, ARB etc etc. I've still got
Old 27 October 2011, 03:38 PM
pjarvis6666
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

bought it just to blast away anything that pulls up at the lights . On a serious note, always wanted a classic and can finally afford one lol
Old 27 October 2011, 03:45 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Bought my classic in '97 'cos I wanted to be like Colin...

Left it standard, and chopped it in for a Prodrive bugeye STI in Dec. 2001, because they offered me a stupidly large trade-in.

It made sense to me because of the higher spec. And a warranty...

dunx
Old 27 October 2011, 04:00 PM
Loco
Scooby Regular

I wanted something japanese and turbo'd as a couple of my mates had things like 200sx and supra's.

Originally wanted an R33 GTR, but then realised I could get a 6 year old WR1 for the same price as a 15 year old R33 GTR. made the right choice too, because I was a bit quicker than an R33 GTR when I went up against one recently.

Bought the WR1 originally with a plan of having it a year, just for a bit of fun before I went to a diesel. Now after having her a year, I would never sell her - I will just have to live with the stupidly high fuel / insurance / servicing / tax prices...
Old 27 October 2011, 04:02 PM
monkfish2
Scooby Regular

I always wanted a new car and I always wanted an impreza, so bought a new impreza back in 2005. I still love it 6 years later !!!
Old 27 October 2011, 04:06 PM
JazzRST
Scooby Regular

Bought MY03STi last summer as a weekend car loved owning it but now its time to let her go, got it up for sale as can't afford to run it due to work being quiet
Sad times
Old 27 October 2011, 04:12 PM
playtime
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JazzRST
Bought MY03STi last summer as a weekend car loved owning it but now its time to let her go, got it up for sale as can't afford to run it due to work being quiet
Sad times
sorn it mate
Old 27 October 2011, 04:26 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First new Impreza was in 1999(Turbo 2000)
Bought it mainly because of the price vs performance and secondly, the noise it made
Old 27 October 2011, 04:55 PM
SPORTWAGONROY
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had 3 scoobs now and when drive my classic sti Nothing else compare's

Love scoobs there awesome cars. There like an addiction
Old 27 October 2011, 05:03 PM
jaymaxy
Scooby Regular

this is my first scooby ,always wanted one and finally got one when i could afford it , would never go back to any over car now
Old 27 October 2011, 05:04 PM
initialD
Scooby Regular

went for a blast in my mates wrx engined mk2 golf and was blown away with the acceleration and the sound ! i knew my first turbo charged car was gonna be a tuned impreza never knew it would cost this much though but in the end i bet its all worth the blood sweat and tears .
Old 27 October 2011, 05:16 PM
eelz
Scooby Regular

So I could be a 37 year old chav.

But on a truthful note,I bought my first because every-time one went past me my eyes would always follow it 'til it was in the distance and thought to myself…. ONE DAY.!!

On my 2nd now after 5 years ownership and to be honest it was a near toss up between my blob sti or a e39 M5.

Subaru forever
Old 27 October 2011, 05:19 PM
oldman-wrx
Scooby Regular

wanted a nice family car with 4 doors and a boot that was not booring but daily driver

let my Neice talk me into a blobeye wrx (they had a classic ) the rest is history, now on a hawkeye sti with 340 bhp and still keep wondering why never bought a scooby earlier

Last edited by oldman-wrx; 27 October 2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 27 October 2011, 05:33 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Always owned fords but since the cossie never thought they made a proper performance car so bought a wrx then swapped that for a jdm sti and must say no regrets and wouldn't go back now
Old 27 October 2011, 05:54 PM
the yeti
Scooby Regular

I sold the williams and didnt have a clue as to what to buy. Then my mate who works at honda got his work car and had his scooby sat on the drive doing nothing. so asked him if he was looking at selling. He was so i got it and fell in love with it wish i had brought one before.
Old 27 October 2011, 06:05 PM
Scooby B
Scooby Regular

Wanted something more poweful than my previous car, and with a "little" room for tuning potential. It was either a Scooby or an Evo, scooby got the nod (Cant remember why). 3 years later still got it and no plans of selling in the near future
Old 27 October 2011, 07:08 PM
Blitzfighter
Scooby Regular

HAhaha well i always wanted to have a blobeye Sti, personally i think there the best looking (yes i know everyone has their taste of their own), any way i remember how Petter Solberb won the 2003 World Rally Championship, and i though hell im going to have 1 some day. Few Years pass on, driven a few various European cars, and then i switched to japanese car, it was a 1997 honda civic 1.5ils (ek3). From there on, for me, Japanese cars are different kettle of fish, drove her for 3 years, until i wrote her off and the only thing i learnt from that accident is that Japanese cars in accidents is a big NO NO (like a cookie crumbling) compared to european cars, after that drove with few various European cars again Cough Cough Rover Metro 1.4 Kensington (love the way you could have lowered and raised the hydroelastic suspension), and it just did not cut it for me. I had 7 grand sitting there doing nothing, I really wanted to get back into a honda, ek9 what a machine but for the price they were going for, i thought it was crazy ,

Impreza VS Ek9

IMPREZA ALL THE WAYYYY

And to top is all off, i just made my younger brother by a P1
Old 27 October 2011, 07:35 PM
Fleetster
Scooby Regular

I had always loved cars and owned some normal, fast and strange cars... one being a scimitar ss1 anyway i sold my skyline andthen had a few BMWs but was missing the turbo... test drove a yellow classic a while ago which was very fast, i wasnt even looking for a car at the time but spotted it and thought... hmm never driven a scooby and my bro had and was always going on about how quick they were and the sound was amazing.. no idea what was done to it or BHP but it was seriously quick..... but the body work wasnt great so i left it.... after that i knew i had to own one at some point.... kept looking but really couldnt decide what next?
m3? skyline again? Evo (sorry)? rx7? rx8? Type R (but dont like front wheel drive)? something sensible??nah!! then I saw mine on a fourcourt... pondered over it for a bit over a pint ... then i got a text from my bro... you in the pub?, yep, be there in 10........ and he showed up in the blobeye that he had just bought, he has wanted one since as long as i can remember.... longer than me and he's nearly 9 years younger than me!! thats was it... the decision was made and i had the one from the fourcourt the following friday which i have now had for nearly 9 months and so glad to have the smile factor back everytime i get in and hear the unmistakeable noise of a scooby!!

Quick Reply: why did you buy your impreza