Sponsored by:

Bast Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2011, 04:27 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Bast Stereo

Ok so i get this new saloon STI and i notice the stereo balance drifts to 70% left 30% right, i didnt think much of it till i read this review, Cant find review anymore but said review told me how to fix it, Into balance hard right 9 back to centre alls good. Stereo doesnt do it all the time never does it once its working.

Only time it does it is when i fill up or leave car off for a short period, so my deduction is that the amp or bluetooth is discharging and when your quick and restart car lets say at the petrol station you send it in a tiz thus the 70 30 effect occurs.

So i log it with my dealer, we swap the unit and i get a new one same build, this ones even worse BT is really **** doesnt auto map my phone and the problems still there, so i speak to Mike at IM we try a few things but nothing works, so i return to dealers he resets unit again, but alas it does it again, Now im getting mighty frustrated cos Subaru think its me being a Knobber or the car not the stereo, they dont seem to think that i could be one of the first to spot this fault, i agree if it was my wife or my dad yeah they wouldnt even notice but i do im an audiophile so i spot crap like this. Anyway i log it again the morning comes and off i go Damn i forget my phone so i zoom back home run in house and back to car BOOM it does it, so i dont fill up speed to dealers and dont even turn car off i speed round the back and shout at guys to come look, they all look at me and give me a bollocking but yipee they actually see it, and we all agree it cant be speakers or wireing but amp or BT stack discharging .

So i speak to Mike and my dealer again and Steve wants to see the car, i write a letter to them and then my dealer repsonds that Subaru have a car with them and have seen it happen. YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAA see im not mental after all, so its now with somebody to either find the solution or find me a solution i hazard a guess at a firmware upgrade but hey ho.

Thanks to Mike for trying everything and being Honest
Thanks to my dealer for being patient with me and not calling me a moaning bast to my face although i bet everytime i rang he gritted his teeth, but i did have a fault guv honest.

I,ll keep you all posted on the outcome,

car stereos whats a ballache.
Old 18 October 2011, 04:34 PM
the hamster
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you listen to the stereo in an Sti?

Clearly you need some mods doing mate!
Old 18 October 2011, 04:42 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

hehe yeah im on the motorway alot but i know what you mean, not loud enough eh
Old 18 October 2011, 04:46 PM
Ryan@Indigo-GT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by the hamster
you listen to the stereo in an Sti?

Clearly you need some mods doing mate!
+ 1
Old 18 October 2011, 04:59 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Im sure the Evo long term test car did the same, just lately.
Old 18 October 2011, 05:08 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Upgrade your stereo.......

http://www.scoobyparts.com/acatalog/...E_EXHAUST.html
Old 18 October 2011, 07:10 PM
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular

Is it you just noticing that it is louder on the left rather than the right or are the fader / balance controls telling you this? I had a similar problem that had no sound out of the right hand side which proved to be a poorly connected lead from the Ipod in the back but now when listening the left hand side is still much louder than the right hand side I thought I was going bonkers. The fader / balance says it is in the middle but defo. louder on the passenger side. Is this the same problem? Haven't had chance to check in radio or CD mode yet.

Trending Topics

Old 18 October 2011, 09:08 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Myles firstly was it mate I was sure also it was Evo but Harry catch poles long term was removed apart from his. Wing review I'm sure also it was them that reported it if anyone has that review please get me it

Ok Norman now you

I notice it's more left than right but the controls are all zero as they should be , what you do is go into the stereo into balance only and throw it hard right then back to centre and it all comes good again

Surely Norman your on the pioneer though are you getting this as well ?

Unless the driver side speaker has something unique to it as its the handsfree one anybody know
Old 18 October 2011, 09:10 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983

Marty I agree but why should I spend my cash on something that shagged

The stereo is ok it does me I just need it to be ok lol
Old 18 October 2011, 11:13 PM
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Littleted
Myles firstly was it mate I was sure also it was Evo but Harry catch poles long term was removed apart from his. Wing review I'm sure also it was them that reported it if anyone has that review please get me it

Ok Norman now you

I notice it's more left than right but the controls are all zero as they should be , what you do is go into the stereo into balance only and throw it hard right then back to centre and it all comes good again

Surely Norman your on the pioneer though are you getting this as well ?

Unless the driver side speaker has something unique to it as its the handsfree one anybody know

Which one are you on? The passenger side speaker is defo louder than the driver's side. I have played with the fader and balance and sat someone in the passenger seat to confirm it. Yes mine is the 930bt but I must remember to try differenet media to see if it does the same just don't carry CD's will get my daughter to fiddle with the radio tomorrow on the school run and report back!
Old 19 October 2011, 07:43 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Norm I'm on the original clarion no fancy units for me