Sponsored by:

What's the deal with Prodrive?

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2002, 05:30 PM
GJD
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Stupid newbie question no doubt but I've driven past Prodrive at Banbury many a time and have never parked up and taken a look. Is there a shop / workshop there where you can buy stuff / get work done on regular road cars or what? Do they fit PPP's / backboxes / wheels / WRX spoilers (on MYOO's in my case) or just supply the Subaru dealer network? Sorry for being thick..

Greg
Old 26 April 2002, 06:55 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Prodrive factory at Banbury is motorsport ONLY ! they dont have shops or places you can visit just by rolling up. They rarely do tours, but they are not unheard of, but take a great deal of time and effort and cause disruption.

The Road car department is now in Warwick, the only place you can buy the prodrive stuff for road cars is from the Subaru dealer network.

Hope that answers your questions.
Old 26 April 2002, 07:03 PM
GJD
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Ian. My local dealer is always a bit vague on what Prodrive stuff they can do so I wasn't sure. Can Joe Public get work done at Prodrive's place in Warwick then and if so, is it competitive to going through the Subaru dealer network?
Old 26 April 2002, 07:15 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

As I understand, you have to arrange work and pay through a Subaru dealer. Since hardly any of them are trained to fit the Prodrive kit themselves they send your car to the Prodrive factory to be kitted out. Some dealers will do you discounts off the Subaru UK list price for this kit if you agree to drive the car yourself to Prodrive and collect it when the work is finished.