Sponsored by:

fitting bugeye sti seats in blobeye.help

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2011, 08:48 AM
subarutom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitting bugeye sti seats in blobeye.help

Hi .can anyone help. i just purchased some sti seats from a 2002 bugeye to install in my 2004 blobeye. Have been told they are really easy to install and are compatable but was wondering whats the score with the airbag connections under the seat and the seat belt warning light that goes off untill you put seat belt in . Any advice would be great as i was going to fit them this afternoon.Cheers Tom
Old 08 October 2011, 09:22 AM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subarutom
Hi .can anyone help. i just purchased some sti seats from a 2002 bugeye to install in my 2004 blobeye. Have been told they are really easy to install and are compatable but was wondering whats the score with the airbag connections under the seat and the seat belt warning light that goes off untill you put seat belt in . Any advice would be great as i was going to fit them this afternoon.Cheers Tom
Hi mate, just fitted bug STI seats to my blob wagon.. seat belt warning lights are fine but you'll need two little resistors to slot into the air bag connectors to prevent the light from being on.. you can still fit them but the light will stay on the dash till you fit the resistors.. a wee tip, make sure the runners on the STI seats are equal length before you offer them up.. ie, count the gaps on both sides, i didn't and i thought they weren't going to fit! also, hand tighten the bolts into the floor before you tighten up with a wrench.. they thread easily... hope this helps..
Old 08 October 2011, 09:26 AM
subarutom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rez
Hi mate, just fitted bug STI seats to my blob wagon.. seat belt warning lights are fine but you'll need two little resistors to slot into the air bag connectors to prevent the light from being on.. you can still fit them but the light will stay on the dash till you fit the resistors.. a wee tip, make sure the runners on the STI seats are equal length before you offer them up.. ie, count the gaps on both sides, i didn't and i thought they weren't going to fit! also, hand tighten the bolts into the floor before you tighten up with a wrench.. they thread easily... hope this helps..
Thanks very much, as it happens the airbag light light is on anyway, was told its just a loose connection probably because i adjust the seat every time i get in it (dad borrows car ). suppose my main concern then is that the airbag isnt going to blow up in my face because ive interfered but if i crash it hopefully will...
Old 08 October 2011, 09:27 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3.3Ohm resistors for a few pennies each or you can get the squibs from Subaru for about a tenner iirc
Old 08 October 2011, 09:40 AM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

It's a bit easier to put the front seats in through the back door semi-reclined with the back seats out. Two man job is best and watch the paintwork........underneath the seats seem full of sharp metal

Shaun
Old 08 October 2011, 09:46 AM
subarutom
Scooby Regular

thanks for all the advice chaps. how long time wise should i allow. dont want to leave my self short on light later on ?
Old 08 October 2011, 10:28 AM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

10 mins a seat!

Trending Topics

Old 08 October 2011, 10:44 AM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Give it an hour including tea breaks / kit Kat. Can you find a helper ??

Shaun
Old 08 October 2011, 11:09 AM
subarutom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
Give it an hour including tea breaks / kit Kat. Can you find a helper ??

Shaun
yes my dad is going to help.Mum is going to make the tea.or if its raining i will make the tea and my mum can help my dad fit the seats . Tom
Old 08 October 2011, 11:18 AM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

..........sorted then

Shaun
Old 08 October 2011, 11:37 AM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Doesn't take long at all mate... Again, those bolts are made of chocolate, try not to thread em!
Old 08 October 2011, 11:42 AM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

I found the bolts can wind in by hand but sometimes there don't want to wind up completely so need to use the socket set,

I fitted the whole interior in 2 1/2 hours that includes door cards and having a drink or 2, Most of the time i found was carefully putting the seats in and taking them out minding the paint work
Old 08 October 2011, 12:45 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

I put seats in via back door, but also put an old blanket all arround doorway in case I slipped, not a difficult job to do, you could also use masking tape on door shuts as another precaution if it makes you feel better.
Old 08 October 2011, 02:29 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

As above, Its a doddle, 4 bolts each front seat and 6 for the rears if a remember correctly, In through the rear doors partly reclined as above but put a towel or something like over the centre console as this is more than likely where it will get a bit tight and it scratches pretty easily