ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

blog eye or hawk eye scoob sti

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2011, 10:15 PM
yatesyswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blog eye or hawk eye scoob sti

hi guys. Right been looking at the blog and hawk eye sti as thinking of getting a newer car. I've an Mitsubishi evo 4 lol running just short of 300. 300 at the moment and was looking at getting an evo 8 but as i had a 96 wrx before the evo which i loved i had a quick look at scoob to. Seem's you get a bit more for your money with a scoob lower miles etc. Just wanted some feed back from you guy's. Any good or bad feed back will help loads. Thanks Nick.
Old 04 October 2011, 10:40 PM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

just depends on your budget and what your after really. The blobs run 2.0l engines and the UK hawk 2.5l with tons of torque.
If you can source a JDM spec hawk that to has a 2.0l but much better tbh with twin scroll
Old 04 October 2011, 10:58 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

A lot is down to your preference on looks but if you do go blob look for a my05 widetrack car and if you can then find a jdm, I have a my05 jdm and rate them a lot. I do like the look of the hawk as well but the blob just pips it for me. Think in jdm guise the specs are virtually identicle. If you go pre 05 on jdm look at a spec c. A lot of hawks are on the £400+ tax band as well which may or may not influence your decision
Old 04 October 2011, 11:54 PM
yatesyswrx
Scooby Regular

the budget? About 9k but i do want to trade mine in so will have to be from a trader! I just cant save lol spec wish what do these come with? Being an sti will have handleing mod's as std? Also what sort of power are the engine's good for safely! Lol And is there any prob's with engine design or a part that alway's goes first? Not the clutch lol thanks for your reply's guy's very helpful.
Old 05 October 2011, 12:26 AM
Pramas
Scooby Regular

i personally run a hawk sti, peeps say they have head gasket probs, but dont stress it to much and it shouldnt be a prob, mine is running 370hp and 400ft lb torque and is a nice drive, the blobs run lower torque but it depends on ur driving preference
Old 05 October 2011, 07:46 AM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

I bought a 2007 Hawk STi yesterday. Having had two scoobs now (A classic & a bug) I can safely say I made the right choice. I prefer the look of the Hawk to the blob however am told the 2.0 Blob handles more power easily without need for strengthening whereas the Hawk can only go to 350 ish before it's pushed a bit.

The torque makes it a great day to day car (at least so far that's what I feel about it) and having some good car experiences in my time it's one of the best. No major modifications and a Tein setup has made it a very capable car. It feels 20% more in all departments to my Bugeye Uk300 with a Race Dynamix map and H&S full system and downpipe. Has added bonus' as well of being the last of that great shape.

Plenty of good ones out there that's for sure. Mine has seriously low mileage!
Old 05 October 2011, 08:49 AM
yatesyswrx
Scooby Regular

thanks guys keep them coming! Seem a very nice blog eye which i mite go and have a look at Saturday? Think i need to drive one really. It Look's the nut's and has ppp so 305 bhp! And only done 23k! Thanks again any more feed back of any sort will help loads. Cheers Nick