what a pointless Bl00dy comparison

and who are those scarey punters...?

an Evo7 is err... boring apparently

[Edited by robin ledger - 4/25/2002 9:03:21 PM]
Old 25 April 2002, 09:04 PM
Tracey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are having a laugh, they have picked a mini over the evo.

Obviously not into cars.

Old 25 April 2002, 09:07 PM
robin ledger
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

total loosers. I think these are the people that pull out of junctions unexpectedly then stop and turn right, hog the middle lane etc...

At least it's the end of the series
Old 25 April 2002, 09:08 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Missed it. Good job to.
Old 25 April 2002, 09:08 PM
nigelward
Scooby Regular

Like the Bug-Eye Impreza, the Evo 7 looks awesome in black.

What's the point well there probably wasn't any just a good bit of fun, but shows how little there was between the cars with the same driver at the wheel of all three.

Wouldn't have predicted the Mini having harder suspension than an Evo 7 though (not that I have been driven in either).

Nigel
Old 25 April 2002, 09:20 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Just shows that a large percentage of the general public have very little idea of what an Impreza or Evo is.

Common opinion of the Evo seemed to be boring plasticy car with boy racer bodykit and this was from "Driven viewers" intersted in cars? . Joe Public has no idea what these cars are.

Lee
Old 25 April 2002, 09:21 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

Was funny if nowt else tix nice watchin him throw those cars round top driving he shud turn professional
Si
Old 25 April 2002, 09:22 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Well as an all rounder I think they were right to choose the mini. Not all people have got £32k, full NCD and are 35+ to be able to afford an EVO.

Just because you have a fast car doesn't mean that the whole population in Britian has to think the same way.

Sometimes I think some people on here are detatched from reality.

F

[Edited by Floyd - 4/25/2002 9:23:38 PM]
Old 25 April 2002, 09:22 PM
robin ledger
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

...but they know wot a mini is tho'... duh...
Old 25 April 2002, 09:23 PM
Spudgun VI
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

who the **** picks these ubergeeks to judge cars??? especially that lanky streak o' p155 who banged on about the image of the evo "selfish etc etc" what a nobcheese! go hug a tree pr1ck, and leave cars that you know nothing about alone. stick to your mpv!

bmw.....bl00dy ugly!

mini....bl00dy ugly and NOT a real mini just a fake!

evo.....absolutely beautiful in that colour
Old 25 April 2002, 09:25 PM
robin ledger
Scooby Regular

Talking

lol Spud
Old 25 April 2002, 09:25 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Wink

And before someone bangs on about me not liking EVO's I'd like to say I very much do. I just think some peeps get a bit blinkered.

F
Old 25 April 2002, 09:44 PM
stephen emery
Scooby Regular

never watch it.
why watch it if u don't like it!
steve
Old 25 April 2002, 11:39 PM
bumcrack
Scooby Regular

ya, he was a "nobchesse". He just wanted to be on telly, the *****.
How can he tell if a driver selfish just by looking at the car, even Mike B took the **** out of his jerkass comments.
What a *******.
Old 26 April 2002, 12:05 AM
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

its gone mad have they never even heard of a VR4?!!!!!!!!

The mini is a top motor tho.
Old 26 April 2002, 09:00 AM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

That bloke saying the Evo looked ' like a boy racers car ' LOL
Andyp
Old 26 April 2002, 09:08 AM
CaptainBeakie
Scooby Regular

Wink

I'd have the BMW anyday if they're giving it away. Excellent car and also worth the most.

Could sell it and then buy an STI and a Mini and ..............

Old 26 April 2002, 09:47 AM
suba
Scooby Regular

Red face

why didnt jason pick a mercedes GTR CLK????????
Old 26 April 2002, 09:50 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Floyd

FWIW I'm with you on this

Sal
Old 26 April 2002, 10:35 AM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

Wink

Didn't see the prog, but have to say that Floyd is right. For the everyday run of the mill person in the street, the Mini is the better car. For those enthusiasts, like us, the Evo, or an STI7 is more likely to be the "better" car.

Now, I have a new MINI Cooper, and as an everyday car it's ace. Better made than the Evo or STI. Better handling and composure than either rally bred beastie. By that I mean the feeling/messages you get from the car at all speeds. It's also much easier to live with, insure, run, leave anywhere etc.

As it is, you can keep your rally cars and I'll have my MINI thanks. I know who'll have the bigger grin on their face after a drive!

Matt

PS - It probably does help to have a Skyline in the garage though! LOL
Old 26 April 2002, 11:00 AM
EvoRSX
Scooby Regular

Floyd,
As an Evo owner I have to agree with you completely on that one

The only thing is that when people on here moan and bitch about a bad review of their car. It gets very very funny. At the end of the day we should all be thankful that our cars aren't that good for everyday driving.

If that was the case then everyone would have one (isn't this the case with scoobies before anyone says anything) and they'd be a bit soft for when you want to go for a blast on track on your favourite country lanes

At the end of the day, the Sti's, P1's and Evo's etc are all made as performance cars and as such they are never going to win any awards for being good all rounders or sensible family cars and that's a damn good reason for buying them

Andy
Old 26 April 2002, 11:32 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Talking

Jelly on a tray.............I mean come on!!

I can just see the BMW research labs now mixing up a batch of Strawberry jelly to test the 7 series
Old 26 April 2002, 11:54 AM
Reidy
Scooby Regular

I own a scoob and mini cooper.
I did not see driven.

The mini is lovely to drive and is undoubtedly more comfortable and stylish then the scooby - it also turns more heads (not that that is important).

However, when I get out of the mini and into the scoob I just love the acceleration, braking and driving security (for want of a better word). The scooby is obviously bigger, has more road presence and in my opinion is more sure footed.

I've had the mini out of shape and it tends to just disappear towards a hedge after breaking away from you. I find the scoob more gradual and easier to predict - however I have owned a subaru for longer so this might change as I get more used to the mini.

I can therefore understand why the mini might win over an Evo or scooby in this type of thing.
Old 26 April 2002, 11:55 AM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

MattOz,

Just read your post and was thinking "what a tart", he has'nt mentioned the Skyline or bike, but then the last line redeemed yourself.

Stevie
(selfish cos Ive got an Sti7 with 4 doors and a boot?, tosser!)
Old 26 April 2002, 12:05 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Cool

Reidy
"more comfortable and stylish then the scooby - it also turns more heads (not that that is important)."

if you think the mini is more stylish than your scoob, and turns more heads, then u obviously dont drive a P1 with full scoobysport
Old 26 April 2002, 12:07 PM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

Steve,

Would never admit to not being a tart mate! LOL Especially with a new, rather large exhaust on the grey bus! You wait til you hear it! Niiiiice!

Matt
Old 26 April 2002, 12:33 PM
Reidy
Scooby Regular

Scoobynutta,

Drove a P1 (talking about interior only now)- it still has the same crap/cheap plastic dashboard as a normal impreza but with some bluish bits and nice seats. Its even more expensive for a performance Japanese car. In my opinion you get a better deal with a standard impreza and £5-10k in cash for a Caterham or some mods or something. Just my opinion.

The mini oozes class and history (despite now being a BMW). It is better screwed together that any impreza and altogether is a more pleasant environment to travel in (ignoring the performance).

Just my opinion.

Have you driven a mini cooper?

[Edited by Reidy - 4/26/2002 12:34:36 PM]
Old 26 April 2002, 01:51 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Matt,

You dark horse! I want a Mini as a second car as well, I just need to convince the misses that she needs one....

I had a thought about changing the scoob for a cooper s, it's fairly quick and probably won't loose much dosh come resale.

F
PS thanks Sal for the vote of confidence
Old 26 April 2002, 02:09 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
My point is not the interior of the impreza. There is nothing wrong with having a pratical interior at all. It may be cheap/crap as you say, but id rather my cash being spent on performance mods and exterior looks than what a dashboard looks like. My eyes are on the road when i drive not some retro effect "stylish" interior. If i wanted a stylish/comfortable interior, without sin of all sins, black plastic, i would drive an old Rolls Royce.

Regards the new mini oozing class and history, i must disagree. Exactly what class does it have? I must be missing something if i havent noticed how much class a new mini emits.

The old mini has a history, indeed it was pottering around for forty years. I have been in an old shape mini cooper and was totally unimpressed. Although the car did convey a cheekiness and dispite its many misgivings youd have a soft spot for the car, and its easy to see why they have such a large following.

Doubtlessly bmw have made all the changes necessary to produce a very capable car. IMHO the changes will have been so great that the original soul of the mini has been exorcised.Indeed they are both very different cars engineering wise, asthetically and lifestyle wise, that they only share the name. Call me pedantic, buy just sharing the same name as the old mini does not constitute a history with it/on a par it.

I havent driven the new mini and have no wish whatsoever to drive one. I just couldnt see my self in the dream number 2 choice hairdressers car ( number one being an mx5).

I also must take issue with you saying youd rather have a standard impreza and a Caterham than a P1. That may be your opinion, but it certainly isnt mine. I shall be purchasing an elise in the near future to stable with the P1. Of course the major appeal to the Elise for me is the cheap and crap interior and not the outstanding handling and the gorgeous looks, like wise the P1.

Old 26 April 2002, 02:13 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Wink

Could have saved money on the jelly and made Penny do the test topless

Lee

Quick Reply: Driven strikes again!!