Sponsored by:

Have Zen gone bust?

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2011, 06:49 PM
the hamster
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Have Zen gone bust?

Over the last 4 weeks i've been trying to get a map tweek sorted at Zen. They have my current ECUtek map and I just want it checking over/tweeking as i've fitted a replacement engine and turbo (like for like).

Problem is, you just cant get hold of them. I must have sent 10 emails and only had a couple of replies, I've even begged for a reply.

I was told by Dunc at Racedynamics that Paul sometimes uses other places to map cars so I even offered to meet him somewhere but he simply ignores me.

Getting really fed up as it will cost me £300+ to get another mapper to start from scratch again but its looking like i'm going to have no other choice.

Just wish they would acknowledge their customers and help me out, grrrrr.
Old 31 August 2011, 07:07 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Why are you tweaking the map? Engine and turbo like for like means it will be absolutely fine!
Old 31 August 2011, 07:18 PM
mystery_machine
Scooby Regular

urm no they have not gone bust!
Old 31 August 2011, 07:19 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

have you picked up the phone and called them?
Old 31 August 2011, 07:20 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought I read they were mid or just post premises move ?
Old 31 August 2011, 07:25 PM
mystery_machine
Scooby Regular

I thought you had sorted this out in this Thread???
Old 31 August 2011, 07:51 PM
the hamster
BANNED

I'm not f**kin retarded, I know how to use a phone. Jesus what is it with the attitude of some people on this site?

I did sort out an appointment via email, then my turbo blew and I had to cancel. I've rung the number a few times and got no answer and its changed to an 05 number recently.

Every engine is different and has a different life so i'd like to get it checked by them to make sure its running ok before pumping 300+ bhp through it. It just seems odd to me that i've had to do ALL my dealings with Zen via email, despite them having my number. I've asked for them to call to chat about sorting an appointment as theyre so hard to get hold of but never hear anything.

Whats dickin me off is that I feel they have a hold over me because they have the current map for the car but I reckon its time to say sod it and get Scoobyworld to take care of it from now on. Local, always there and good at what they do.

Anyway, i'll let you lads get back to more important things.
Old 31 August 2011, 07:54 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

Why not rcm? They are even more local and have an awesome reputation, olly is extremely helpful and a nice guy to boot!!
Old 31 August 2011, 07:54 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Communication and customer care aren't Blamires strongest virtues. Take your hard earned elsewhere mate.
Old 31 August 2011, 07:57 PM
scatty
Scooby Regular

id give mike a ring.....neil does the mapping on mine and im very happy...
Old 31 August 2011, 08:03 PM
the hamster
BANNED

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Communication and customer care aren't Blamires strongest virtues. Take your hard earned elsewhere mate.
Yup, looking that way mate. I've heard good reports from Scoobyworld from other friends/owners and theyre the closest ECUtekkers to me so i'll get it over there for a health check and see what they say.
Old 31 August 2011, 08:09 PM
p1prodrive
Scooby Regular

Hi there,

Paul has recently moved premises and dont think he has a landline at the new place but he does have a new number for the business so have a look on the Zen website.

I know paul has been on holidays the last week or so maybe email is only possible when hes on hols etc so maybe just be a bit more patient as Paul has obviously got loads on.

Cheers
Matt
Old 31 August 2011, 08:15 PM
the hamster
BANNED

Tried the new number mate, and emailed for weeks. Its not how I want to do business so i'll pop over to someone local and give my business to someone else.

Fed up of feeling "tied" to a mapper who you cant get hold of, just because i'm Ecutek only should be a punishment.
Old 31 August 2011, 08:20 PM
timthebat
Scooby Regular

Can Duncan (RaceDynamics) not help? He can come to you? I've always found him very helpful.
Old 31 August 2011, 08:27 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by timthebat
Can Duncan (RaceDynamics) not help? He can come to you? I've always found him very helpful.
+1 for Duncan.
Old 31 August 2011, 08:29 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm also waiting for a map tweak from Paul. For me, personally, I'm more than happy to wait until he's ready. I'd rather wait and get mapped by the best rather than rush around and get a map from someone else.
Old 31 August 2011, 08:57 PM
the hamster
BANNED

Originally Posted by timthebat
I'd love him to mate, he was round here last thursday mapping the missus bugeye but the problem is he doesnt do ECUtek afaik.
Old 31 August 2011, 09:02 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

I have a lot of time for Paul. He's very busy with motor sport, which can be very distracting.
I've PM'd you.
Old 31 August 2011, 09:20 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

All I know is that Paul is mega busy and has been for some time now.
He's been working loads on two time attack skylines which take up loads of time. Even heard he was working through the night recently to get them done. He's also been abroad mapping cars plus the move and sorting his new premises have really sapped up his time.

I've got alot of time for Paul as he really is one of the best mappers around. I can though see the OP's despair, I know the feeling when you want the car doing but have to wait.
Old 31 August 2011, 10:29 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I was lucky as at the end of July I phoned Paul and got through straight away and arranged mapping the following week! (I then drove home with his mobile in the door pocket which obviously caused some problems!)
His new workshop was a bit of a mess at the time, following the move, and I can't see the R/R up and running for quite some time but it's worth perservering as he's pretty good at what he does!

JohnD

Last edited by JohnD; 31 August 2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 31 August 2011, 10:36 PM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the hamster
I'd love him to mate, he was round here last thursday mapping the missus bugeye but the problem is he doesnt do ECUtek afaik.
You can overwirte Ecutek with an Open Source map, though it would be a shame to lose the Ecutek licence/map.
Old 31 August 2011, 11:13 PM
the hamster
BANNED

Can you do that on an MY99/00 classic tho? Theyre ecutek only, not open source. Only the bugeyes are ECUtek and open source afaik
Old 01 September 2011, 08:52 AM
N_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the hamster
Can you do that on an MY99/00 classic tho? Theyre ecutek only, not open source. Only the bugeyes are ECUtek and open source afaik
You are correct. I have a V5 STI RA and that cannot be open sourced remapped, which is a shame as Duncan is always down here remapping other DSOC cars.

Funny enough Paul @ Zen did my current map (by previous owner).
Old 01 September 2011, 10:24 AM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Open Source from 2000 year onwards only.
Old 01 September 2011, 11:43 AM
SkullFudge
Scooby Regular

Zen have not gone bust. Paul is hard to get hold of sometimes but normally does reply when the time suits.
Old 01 September 2011, 02:23 PM
the hamster
BANNED

It seems that the only way to get him to reply is to post on here

He rang me this morning giving it large because i'd posted on here. Seems that the only way to get them to respond it to go to extremes. Told me theres no way he'd tweek my map now and that basically if "ya car hasnt blown up" then its not urgent and not worth his while. I told him that if he wants to run his business by ignoring emails, changing phone numbers and basically treating his customers like that then i'll go elsewhere.

Sorry but customer service is important to me. When you have a car thats dependant on mapping for every mod you do you want piece of mind and someone you can turn to for advice and service. Yeah sure, you can drive round off boost til you can get your map tweeked, IF you can ever get it booked but why do that when there are other mappers who have better customer relations.

What shocked me was that he then started ranting that "i'm not on Scoobynet, never have been" to which I said, "why would you not be part of the largest UK Impreza community that every other mapper posts on?" If you're running a business then surely you'd think that this would be the place to chat to customers, give advice etc and increase business profile??

All the main praise goes to people like Simon @ JGM, Dunc @ Racedynamix and Bob Rawle because they take the time to be part of the community and post good advice/suggestions even if they're unable to help out the OP. This is the kind of service you want, not to be sitting with a prayer mat wondering if you're going to ever hear anything.

Anyway, rant over, i'm off somewhere else to spend my money.
Old 01 September 2011, 02:40 PM
Ren77
Scooby Regular

What did you honestly expect the response to be, posting a thread title like that?

A note on "Open Source" - it's not open source, and never has been.
Old 01 September 2011, 02:51 PM
the hamster
BANNED

Oh I'm more than aware that the thread is an "attention getter" and wouldnt go down well but next time you want something doing, or order something that doesnt turn up, or ring someone that never returns your call i'm sure you wont mind as you're clearly more patient than I am.

Maybe waiting 4-5 days for possible emails and making 20+ phone calls to dead numbers/answerphones/0500 numbers is the done thing but it aint my cuppa and I'll go with someone who's always open/available thanks.
Old 01 September 2011, 03:03 PM
Ren77
Scooby Regular

Maybe they're not that busy if they're always available ;-)
Old 01 September 2011, 03:23 PM
the hamster
BANNED

yeah, its always dead over at Scoobyworld, Roger Clarks etc, maybe thats why they always reply to emails and phonecalls? These places are ALWAYS busy but still take the time to look after their customers and respond to enquiries.

If Tracktive did ECUtek i'd be going there as theyre only down the road from me but sadly not.

Quick Reply: Have Zen gone bust?